Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Alkesh would be murdered!!!!!!!! They have no shields and can be taken out by light missiles and glider weapons a few hits from a dart and it would be toast!
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

but remember, a cloak can be switched to a shield now as seen with puddle jumpers.

Im pretty sure alkesh's have a more powerful power source than a puddle jumper, so its good to assume that their shields will be a little stronger.
      Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post

What secondary weapon. I thought Ori ships just had the one main weapon?
        Watch the season 9 finale again then. You see a Ha'tak manevuer right behind the Ori Battlecruiser and you can see white bolts of energy being show by the Battlecruiser at the Ha'tak which quickly explodes after a few shots. So yes, they do have secondary weapons. Mind you, it might be almost impossible in a short amount of time for one to pilot an Ori Battlecruiser without being telepathic or a Prior.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
          but remember, a cloak can be switched to a shield now as seen with puddle jumpers.

Im pretty sure alkesh's have a more powerful power source than a puddle jumper, so its good to assume that their shields will be a little stronger.
          Thats ancient cloaking systems, it stands to reason that goa'uld cloaks are significantly less advanced so turning the shield to a cloak may be impossible. Also turning a shield into a cloak by tieing it's shield generators into a PJ cloaking generator is very different to miraculasly turning an Alkesh cloak into a shield generator...it can't be done...

Watch the season 9 finale again then. You see a Ha'tak manevuer right behind the Ori Battlecruiser and you can see white bolts of energy being show by the Battlecruiser at the Ha'tak which quickly explodes after a few shots. So yes, they do have secondary weapons. Mind you, it might be almost impossible in a short amount of time for one to pilot an Ori Battlecruiser without being telepathic or a Prior.
          That's also true for Wraith ships...
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

its not hard to miss the hataks getting blown up in camelot by their pulse weapons

there one bit were the asgard ship shoots by and it takes a few secondary ori fire and a hatak fly-bys and the ori ship manerveres(spelling) to the side to shoot it with a whole load of pulse weapons firing across and the hatak at the back of the ori ship, it destroyes it with a few shots
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
              An Alkesh would be murdered!!!!!!!! They have no shields and can be taken out by light missiles and glider weapons a few hits from a dart and it would be toast!

Depends who in control? How bout Tecl'c?

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

F-302, I just pwn

Depends who in control? How bout Tecl'c?
                Ehm in one of the S10 eps an F16 took it out with 1 or 2 missiles..

Comment

Go to the O'Neill.

Beam onto all ships to activate sheilds and auto-defenses, beam back.

Roast the mofos.

Comment

Would a O'Neill Class be able to take out 1,000 Darts without its beaming tech?

VIEWS
                    Last edited by VSHARMA; 13 May 2007, 10:30 AM.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

sigpic

Comment

Would a O'Neill Class be able to take out 1,000 Darts without its beaming tech?

VIEWS
                      It would just have to ram the darts and they'd be destroyed.
                      Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Here are the Options.

The Daedalus (Rail Guns, Mark III’s and Mark IX only)

Stay in your Puddle Jumper, Cloak and look for Stargate.

Ha’tak Mothership

O'Neill Class Battleship

F-302 (Go commando and take on 1,000 Darts)

Al’kesh (Gorilla Fight and Cloak Technique)

Ori Battlecruiser

Hive Ship

Ori Fighter (which have shields pulse weapons and highly manoeuvrable

Aurora Class Battleship (500 drones only)

Wraith Cruiser (Blend in. ‘Humans what Humans’)
                        I would aquire the daedalus fire a couple of nukes into the darts then fly home...and hope they arn't intellegent enough to nick a ship of there own and come looking for me!
                        Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
                          It would just have to ram the darts and they'd be destroyed.
                          Won't 1,000 darts weaken your shields? We’ve only seen 1 or 2 darts impact the Daedalus in the Siege Part 3 and we have seen the damage a dart can do when they are on kamikaze attacks on the city.

I really think everyone really underestimates what 1,000 Darts could do. One head on, direct hit with a burst from the Dart's energy weapons can destroy a Puddle Jumper. 1,000 shots from 1,000 all within 5 secs with do damage on the shields of any ship and that all in 5 secs. Imagine what 1 min of non stop firing from these darts could do
                          I love the O'neill Class just as must as the next man (just look at my sig) but it will be no match for that many darts

Last edited by VSHARMA; 13 May 2007, 01:21 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Won't 1,000 darts weaken your shields? We’ve only seen 1 or 2 darts impact the Daedalus in the Siege Part 3 and we have seen the damage a dart can do when they are on kamikaze attacks on the city.

I really think everyone really underestimates what 1,000 Darts could do. One head on, direct hit with a burst from the Dart's energy weapons can destroy a Puddle Jumper. 1,000 shots from 1,000 all within 5 secs with do damage on the shields of any ship and that all in 5 secs. Imagine what 1 min of non stop firing from these darts could do
                            I love the O'neill Class just as must as the next man (just look at my sig) but it will be no match for that many darts

Of course with all the combined firepower they'd cause massive amounts of damage. Look what 1 was able to do in 'The Hive'. 1000 would eat a Hive ship for breakfast.

That's why only a 304 with it's rail guns & beaming technology would be the most logical choice. The rail guns would mow a ton of them down if they all came in clumped together. Then you beam a couple of nukes into them, that would take care of them.

However if you couldn't use beaming tech, or the Darts were already swarming around you attacking, you'd want something like an O'Neill class ship. Uber shields that would probably hold better than almost all others other than an Ori ship, as well as energy weapons that won't run out & allow you quick fire rates. Even then, I don't think you'd get away without a good bit of damage, but you would probably get out in one piece come the end of the fight.

It would be one crazy fight though, all those little things swarming all around this much larger ship. Firing & moving, while it tries furiously to target & take them down the attacking numbers.

I think the closest we'll ever get to see such a scenario was what happened in 'The Siege III'.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                              That's why only a 304 with it's rail guns & beaming technology would be the most logical choice. The rail guns would mow a ton of them down if they all came in clumped together. Then you beam a couple of nukes into them, that would take care of them.
                              That's what I wanted to hear. That was my thought

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                              you'd want something like an O'Neill class ship. Uber shields that would probably hold better than almost all others other than an Ori ship, as well as energy weapons that won't run out & allow you quick fire rates. Even then, I don't think you'd get away without a good bit of damage, but you would probably get out in one piece come the end of the fight.
                              I ain't never seen a O'Neill quick fire

sigpic

Comment

Keep in mind that Drones aren't destroyed when they impact a target. They keep going directly through the target and keep on going. You'll see that in Lost City Part 2 as well as in No man's Land. So I'll take the Aurora class, with its incredibly advanced Ancient designed technology, in addition to the most effective weapon ever seen in Stargate.
                                www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Working...
                                X