This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
    What? make you mind up! Above you have both stated that they 4 races built and where around when the dakara weapon was set off. Then you say the alliance happened after the dakara weapon was set off? I don't get what you are trying to say?

THE FACT is the Staragte timeline clealy shows that the dakara weapon was ONLY built by the ancients was was set off thousands of years before the Asgard had built their first spaceships. There4 the 4 great races happened long after. way after both the wrath war, dakara event and ancient/ori split. It infact happened about the time Ra was taking Humans from Earth i belive. Maybe after.

Anyways back on topic. They Humans in the Ori galaxy are most liky made by the Ori for worship or subspecies and less evolved Humans from the original Ancient/ori evolution.
    Your not getting this. My Thoery, it is a theory is all aboutthe ori and alteran split. We know that there ahve been two evolutions of this form of life, one on Earth and one in the Ori galaxy.
    The Ori one was first and all life that we have encountered that wasnt brought from Earth to other planets by the Goauld have been a result of that first evolution.
    The alterans split with the Ori and travelled to the MW around 50my ago, over the millions of years since that one superrace, the Alterans seeded life in this galaxy, population grew and the stargate network expanded throughout the MW and possibly Ida, althoguht this could have been a later addition.
    Through the ages the Superrace of the Alterans divided and millions of years later 5 races had emerged, the Ancients, the Nox, the furlings, the Lantians, and the Asgard (or the race which the asgard come from which was human or humanoid).
    Now around 6 million years ago, the plague happened and all 5 races dealt with it in their own ways. The Furlings isolated themselves using technology to seal themselves away and prevent contact with the wider universe, to not contract the disease, they were later wiped out by the goauld.
    The Nox engineered themselves a perfect immune system and perfected technology for healing and resurection.
    The Asgard, or the race from whom the Asgard evolved, a sect of the Alterans moved away from this galaxy, and changed their genetic makeup so the plague didnt effect them.
    The Lantians built cityships and left for Pegasus.
    And the Ancients, who were the main group, the real alterans and had the largest population, they were the ones to suffer most and tried their hardest to fight the plague, using time travel to prevent the rise of the plague, and eventually had to start from scratch, using dakara they wiped out all life in the galaxy and then recreated it. In the process, many of them died off, the Nox didnt contract the plague and so were not killed off by the Dakara weapon.
    i believe the Dakara weapon killed anything that had the plague within thier bodies, and in doing so killed the "host" which included a large porton of the ancients.
    Now after they activated Dakara, after everyone had dealt with things the own way, the ancients built thier repositories and either died out or ascended using their genetic manipulation machines (metamorphesis/nirtii episode)

Now the Allience used to have 5 races, then the ancients got wiped out by the plague and there were 4. Each of the races were devastated by the plague and took time to comprehend and rebuild. After along time, many had to remeet, so they chose a common language, the elements and the heliopolis meeting place was created as a centre where the races who survived could interact and forge a new future in the wake of the plague.
    Over time the races drifted apart onece more, the asgard tried to maintain contact but over the millenia thier cloning issues because worse..their ship from 30,000 years ago was one of the ships which was going to repopulate or interact with the races in the Mw. The asgard later, much later came back to earth and found new life, jsut as the ancients did.
    Its possible that the asgard, nox, furlings and Lantians tried to combat the rise of the goauld by reforming the allience, but because of the cloning technology, the replicators (both kinds), the nox's pacifism and the furlings isolation. They were limited by what they could actually do. The allience died out and the goauld rose and became dominant. They took the "new life" which had arisen on earth after the plague (us) and populated the galaxy and ruled for 5000 years until we beat them.

Now the population in the Ori galaxy was created by the ascended Ori, but we were not created by the ancients, well i wont say we couldnt have been because according to my own theory the origional ancein ascended after athe plague, a few of them at least..but our evolution does predate the Lantians ascension, not the Ancient ascension.

My point is, that we shouldnt see all of the races that predate our evolution as seperate evolved races, but evolutions of the same race, the Alterans which had branched off at various points creating the first generation of advanced race in this galaxy. Our generation(goauld, unas, jaffa, tauri) are post Dakara, all of the other race ( Nox, asgard/other, in genesis they are called the Halen, ori, alterans, furlings, lantians and ancients) they are all pre dakara.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

The first 8 seasons had us believing this. Then in season 9, Orlin told us about how the Ori tried to wiped the Alterans out, so the Alterans packed up and left their home galaxy for the Milky Way.
      I think the writers were trying to insinuate that the Ori released the plague in their home galaxy and that somehow it spread to the Milky Way.
      If you look at the evidence provided in season 9 and 10, the Ori wiped out everything in their home galaxy after they ascended, then recreated humans there to worship them at about the same time the Alterans were recreating humans in the Milky Way.

We also know that the plague broke out on Vis Uban, which was supposed to be the new capital of the Alteran civilization. That means that the Alterans had to have been in the Milky Way for some time before the plague broke out, but the Ori never set foot in the Milky Way, otherwise they would have never left. They would have done here what they did in their home galaxy.
      Indeed yeah I remember about the plague spreading from Vis Uban. To be fair though, they can easily go against that because they only suggested that it was the Ori who did it and not stating it as fact.

As for their home galaxy, its entirely possible that the Ori themselves wiped out all other forms of alien life and its certainly within their capabilities since they don't restrict themselves like the Ascended Ancients. Plus any such alien race that survived would have no way of combating the Ori... the only way such species could survive is flee the galaxy or hide in a different dimension. But thats just speculation now.

The Lanteans were the only survivors as far a we know, but they didn't just pack up right away and leave. They were the ones who created the Dakara device, and the ones who decided to recreate their kind. That would have taken at least millions of years.

I would say that those attempts to survive were done while the plague was still wiping them out, or at least towards the end. They gave up in the end.
      Just a theory mind you and not based on 100% fact though we have seen the Lanteans have no objection to leave their infected brethren behind. Such as Ayiana. I doubt all of these infected would have remained behind and waited to die and might have tried to do something. Perhaps ascend because from SG-1 season 9, Orlin said that this ancient species of humans learnt of ascension whch divided their kind so thats a long long time to study the shedding of the corporeal form. Note, just a theory.

I'd say after, but that's just my opinion. I remember when people thought that the alliance was formed to fight the Goa'uld. Man, those were the days. Then when the Ori were introduced, suddenly the alliance was formed to fight the Ori. Of course both of those scenarios were fan-wank, not based on any evidence from either series.

As best I can tell, the alliance was formed to exchange knowledge between peaceful civilizations the ancients met. Doesn't sound too dramatic, but it makes a lot more sense.
      I can't see the Alliance being made to fight the Ori since I think its way before their time and did not even register to them. I personally think its likely that the fleeing Lanteans arrived back to the MW galaxy after the Wraith War and found out that their power base had been compromised by a species of serpentine parasites (Goa'uld) and met with equally like minded peaceful alien races to keep them under control. But no fact on that.

Really its either that or the alliance being formed simply for the exchange of knowledge and stuff like that. But as said, there is no confirmation on any of this so its just speculation.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin View Post
        immhotep is making it up as he goes along. His ideas (they certainly aren't theories) change from post to post and never really remain consistent. Do a search, you'll see that his views have changed in just about every post he writes. He's a creative guy; he's really good at imagining things and posting them here as if they are truth (notice his post count? He's been doing a lot of imagining)..
        I have givern up with Immhotep! His ever changing thoeories may be creative but like most thoeories have many holes and is wrong. Both with the evolution of the Asgard being from Human in the M/W and the date of the Dakara weapon. But it don't matter at the end of the day i gess. We all belive what we want to. Isn't that the message of Stargate?

Or is it that all religion is bad and evil i 4get now? LOL

Oh boy, here we go again...

There is no StarGate timeline, at least not an official one. The ones fans make up are based on their assumptions and the fuzzy information we get from the show. I wouldn't put any stock in any timeline unless it comes from an official source.
        True. I just use the (dare i say it) Wikipedia one. It seems the most logical and realistic. Sometimes i wish Stargate had a recorded history like Star Wars.

I'd say after, but that's just my opinion. I remember when people thought that the alliance was formed to fight the Goa'uld. Man, those were the days. Then when the Ori were introduced, suddenly the alliance was formed to fight the Ori. Of course both of those scenarios were fan-wank, not based on any evidence from either series.

As best I can tell, the alliance was formed to exchange knowledge between peaceful civilizations the ancients met. Doesn't sound too dramatic, but it makes a lot more sense.
        Agreed.
        Mostly liky each representing a diffrent galaxy Ancients from theirs, Asgard from Ida, Nox from M/W (as far as we know), Furlings possibly from another galaxy (not fact). All of which at the time where thinking about moving on or where having their own problems. They also all had a shared intrest in Earth (mayb not the Nox however).
        There4 learning from each other and recording their knowledge and combined interlec to help preserve it for the future. would have worked best for them at the time. (My own theory - feel free 2 pick holes).

You were right at the first part: The humans in the Ori galaxy were created by the ascended Ori to worship them. That is all.
        Simple yet true.
        sigpic
        Banner Made By Me for Me
        The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

immhotep is making it up as he goes along. His ideas (they certainly aren't theories) change from post to post and never really remain consistent. Do a search, you'll see that his views have changed in just about every post he writes. He's a creative guy; he's really good at imagining things and posting them here as if they are truth (notice his post count? He's been doing a lot of imagining).
          They change because i develop my theorys after getting new information during the course of the discussions. I do read other peoples posts. I am creative and i dont enforce them as truth, maybe i do have a slightly skewed view on grey areas of the Stargate mythology, but we are all entitled to that, i would rather try to fill the hole with my own ideas and maybe develop a filler mythology, than leave it u to the will of the gods and accept that they grey areas are not meant to be questioned..

I have given up with Immhotep! His ever changing thoeories may be creative but like most thoeories have many holes and is wrong. Both with the evolution of the Asgard being from Human in the M/W and the date of the Dakara weapon. But it don't matter at the end of the day i gess. We all belive what we want to. Isn't that the message of Stargate?

Or is it that all religion is bad and evil i 4get now? LOL
          The Date of the Dakara weapon? There are two reference points for the Dakara weapon, date a is 6 million years ago when the Lantians left for pegasus.
          And and b is that Anubis said "that was a waste of a million odd years of evolution" ie a million years ago.
          Now i will admit that both dates could work. But i would need to change my ideas and people are obviously not able to accept that i change my theory when i think of new things to add.
          If the 6 million year mark is accepted then i will refer back to my theory from before, if it isnt. Then what will need to change is the role the Ancients played post dakara in our own development.

The Asgard were humanoid at one point in their evolution, are you telling me that over 50million years is not enough time for a branch of alterans to have split off in the Mw, moved to Ida and evolved in to the Asgard? im not saying the asgard evolved from the Tauri, but from the ancients or a sect of ancients long ago.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
            The Asgard were humanoid at one point in their evolution, are you telling me that over 50million years is not enough time for a branch of alterans to have split off in the Mw, moved to Ida and evolved in to the Asgard? im not saying the asgard evolved from the Tauri, but from the ancients or a sect of ancients long ago.
            But why!
            They may have been Humanoid but still very Non human/ancient. Thats like saying a Deer is horseoid. when its claer both deer and horse as completely diffrent looking. I mean humoid asgard where hairless, white, tall, had big heads, no nose, black eyes.

The Asgard evolved on their own evolution path with no contact from the ancients untill the entred the M/W galaxy long after the Dakara superweapon had gone off after Humans had evolved.
            "The Asgard in the galaxy of Ida begin exploring space within and outside their galaxy (c. 30,000 BC).
            " While the superweapon activated Sevearl million years ago!
            The alliance was set up in 8,000 BC.

I hate the idea that every alien has to in some way be Human (ancient or not). Its self centred. Hell in real life we may find out that everyting in the galaxy infact look like Asgard or unas and we are the freaky odd one out alien race.
            sigpic
            Banner Made By Me for Me
            The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

The Asgard are not of Ancient orgin. The evolved in a galaxy without a dakara device to create them and they only encountered the Ancients in the last 20 - 5 000 years
              sigpic
              Spoiler:
              President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
              President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
              Forum Charmer
              Forum Ambassador
              Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Where do you get the 8000 BC date from?! The allience couldnt have been that recent because the Lantians were not a "great race" at that point, they were fleeing and Ascending from the wraith. They didnt care about other people.
                im not being humanely arrogent, ill accept that the asgard may not have been human or ancient at some point, they could have evolved at another point. But explain to me how they have a Gate network in Ida. Im just trying to conherently piece together all the things that are not making sense. for there to be two evolutions of humanity, one ancient and one Tauri and different generations of humans in this galaxy being created from each. and older generation which included the Nox, furlings, Lantian and ancients, and possibly a race which the asgard used to be and then evolved later in to the race they are now. I has been said that they study human physiology because in thier distance past they were very much like humans. Which could either mean humanoid, or Advanced humans like the ancient who had other abilities or created memories, which is how the Asgard later evolved, naturally or unnaturally in to having larger brains and frial bodies. once they left that human body phase of evolution, thier minds capacity became greater than thier bodies ability to look after itself. which lead to cloning, and thieir reliance on thier technology for thier way of life.

also if you read my stuff, you will notice that i have said that the allience was put in place twice, there was once an allience of the great races which were the tribes of ancients which diseminated throughout this region of space after they arrived here from the Ori galaxy. And then another allience which was made to sustain the races which had survived the plague. Now its possible that the Pre Asgard, Asgard were part of the first allience and the Asgard's we know were part of the second allience.
                sigpic
                11000! green me

Comment

I wish TPTB would gives us dates for things and stick to them
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:
                  Forum Charmer
                  Forum Ambassador
                  Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Me too, but i have done extensive research in to this for Genesis, so i do know all the date regarding the older races because it needed to do that for genesis. the timeline does fit in with my version of how the older races interacted with each other.
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

I just don't believe the Ancients created the Asgard
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:
                      Forum Charmer
                      Forum Ambassador
                      Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

They change because i develop my theorys after getting new information during the course of the discussions.
                        Then they aren't theories. Theories are the final result, not the beginning. The beginning is observation; you watching the show and observing something that needs better explanation.
                        You then form a hypothesis to explain whatever you saw, and test it by seeing if your hypothesis is contradicted by other observations. If something in the show contradicts your hypothesis, you either modify the hypothesis or toss it out and start over. This is what you've doing in just about every post in this thread.

When your hypothesis isn't contradicted by what happens in the show, and is able to make predictions that come true, then you have a theory.

Calling an unsubstantiated idea a theory is disrespectful the scientific method and makes you look like an ignorant fool (which I'm sure you are not).

I do read other peoples posts. I am creative and i dont enforce them as truth, maybe i do have a slightly skewed view on grey areas of the Stargate mythology, but we are all entitled to that, i would rather try to fill the hole with my own ideas and maybe develop a filler mythology, than leave it u to the will of the gods and accept that they grey areas are not meant to be questioned..
                        And it's noble of you to do such things, however you shouldn't post every idea you have without reflecting on those ideas first.

Part of the scientific method is self criticism of your ideas. If you can find flaws in your ideas, why post them for others to point out the same flaws? It's a waste of time and effort.
                        Once you've come up with an idea that you can't find any problems or contradiction, the next step in the scientific method is peer review; that's when you post your ideas on the forum for your fellow forum members to tear apart and see if it still floats. If it does, you've contributed to the whole group by making us think about possibilities that we may have never thought about.

The Date of the Dakara weapon? There are two reference points for the Dakara weapon, date a is 6 million years ago when the Lantians left for pegasus.
                        Which is actually 5-10 million years ago according to the first episode of Atlantis. See, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

And and b is that Anubis said "that was a waste of a million odd years of evolution" ie a million years ago.
                        That's a pretty vague approximation to be basing a hypothesis on.

Now i will admit that both dates could work. But i would need to change my ideas and people are obviously not able to accept that i change my theory when i think of new things to add.
                        You change your hypothesis when it fails. That's a good thing!

However there are far too many problems for your current hypothesis in order for it to play nicely with what has been introduced in the series. At this point it would be best to drop it and come up with something new that doesn't have so many continuity issues.

The problem is their apparent giant leap backwards in technology. 30,000 years ago the Asgard only had slow interstellar hyperdrives which required them to spend most of their trips in stasis pods.
                        The ancients on the other had, at that same time, were flying around from Galaxy to Galaxy without issues.

Critical thinking is your friend. I wish they'd teach that process in school these days, but they don't anymore. Instead you're just supposed to remember facts and never question them or those who teach you those facts.

Originally posted by MechaThor
                        But why!
                        They may have been Humanoid but still very Non human/ancient. Thats like saying a Deer is horseoid. when its claer both deer and horse as completely diffrent looking. I mean humoid asgard where hairless, white, tall, had big heads, no nose, black eyes.
                        The interesting thing here is that the different in DNA between a horse, deer, human and Asgard is probably less than 10%, so for genetic reasons, we're all very similar.

The fact that the Asgard gave the Tau'ri a sample of their DNA, and that we could recognize and sequence completely alien DNA gives immhoteps ideas at least some merit.

The Asgard evolved on their own evolution path with no contact from the ancients untill the entred the M/W galaxy long after the Dakara superweapon had gone off after Humans had evolved.
                        Your statement here is as baseless as immhoteps. We simply don't have enough information to make claims either way.

I hate the idea that every alien has to in some way be Human (ancient or not). Its self centred.
                        But it's easy on the production costs

Seriously though, if there wasn't any link between ancients, humans and asgard, we'd all look completely different, and I'm not talking about cosmetic differences.

Why do they breathe oxygen instead of carbon dioxide? Why do they reproduce sexually when most life on Earth doesn't. Why do they even look humanoid at all?

Alien life, if it evolved completely separated on another world and has had no contact with Earth, should appear completely different and almost unrecognizable as life to humans.

Hell in real life we may find out that everyting in the galaxy infact look like Asgard or unas and we are the freaky odd one out alien race.
                        If they look that close to humans, there is definitely a common link between us.

Originally posted by immhotep
                        Where do you get the 8000 BC date from?! The allience couldnt have been that recent because the Lantians were not a "great race" at that point, they were fleeing and Ascending from the wraith. They didnt care about other people.
                        What definition are you using to define "Great Race"?

Did they have a galaxy spanning civilization? Yes.

Did they have technology that makes our look like tinker toys in comparison? Yes.

Did they have culture that spanned thousands of years and embraced other civilizations peacefully? Yes.

So why then were they not a great race 10,000 years ago? Because they lost a war? That's just silly.

im not being humanely arrogent, ill accept that the asgard may not have been human or ancient at some point, they could have evolved at another point. But explain to me how they have a Gate network in Ida.
                        Did they have a gate network in Ida? We saw one StarGate on Othala in The Fifth Race. One gate is not a gate network. Without any evidence to support the existence of more StarGates in the Ida Galaxy, this is impossible to prove either way.

Im just trying to conherently piece together all the things that are not making sense.
                        We all are.

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard
                        I wish TPTB would gives us dates for things and stick to them.
                        If they did that then they'd be forced to stick to the story. They'd be bound by what other writers wrote before them. That doesn't give them any wiggle room if they have a good idea for a story that requires they modify what we know already.

Good writers always leave themselves a little wiggle room in case they change their minds. That's why we get vague dates for events and fuzzy explanations of how technology works.

Me too, but i have done extensive research in to this for Genesis, so i do know all the date regarding the older races because it needed to do that for genesis.
                        Is 'Genesis' fan fic? This is why I don't read StarGate Fan fic.
                        Most fan fic writers don't want to simply tell good stories that take place in the StarGate universe. Instead they want to make groundbreaking claims that can easily be refuted by new developments in the official series.

Take Horizon for example. I read the pilot script and decided it was sub-par writing, but they invented all kinds of crap that simply cannot exist in the official StarGate universe as it is now.
                        Why compete with official sources? Why not simply use existing material to tell a great story?

the timeline does fit in with my version of how the older races interacted with each other.
                        Which timeline is that? Your unofficial timeline or someone elses unofficial timeline?

Here's a thought. If you want to write a groundbreaking story, don't make it in the StarGate universe. Invent your own universe so you don't have to stick with what we know about in StarGate.
                        Sure, it'd be a lot harder to write, but it would be yours to do with what you wanted, and you wouldn't have to care about what anybody here says about it.
                        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

[quote=Jarnin;6607092]
                          Then they aren't theories. Theories are the final result, not the beginning. The beginning is observation; you watching the show and observing something that needs better explanation.
                          You then form a hypothesis to explain whatever you saw, and test it by seeing if your hypothesis is contradicted by other observations. If something in the show contradicts your hypothesis, you either modify the hypothesis or toss it out and start over. This is what you've doing in just about every post in this thread.
                          Ok so its not a theory, its ideas about things, ill reduce it to that and make you happy.

When your hypothesis isn't contradicted by what happens in the show, and is able to make predictions that come true, then you have a theory.
                          Well then you cant have a theory about stargate in this context because the information is never going to be there. I am just tryign to fill in the gaps

Calling an unsubstantiated idea a theory is disrespectful the scientific method and makes you look like an ignorant fool (which I'm sure you are not).
                          Well i dont think it am, i just minced my words in the methedology. "Ideas"

And it's noble of you to do such things, however you shouldn't post every idea you have without reflecting on those ideas first.
                          Part of the scientific method is self criticism of your ideas. If you can find flaws in your ideas, why post them for others to point out the same flaws? It's a waste of time and effort.
                          Once you've come up with an idea that you can't find any problems or contradiction, the next step in the scientific method is peer review; that's when you post your ideas on the forum for your fellow forum members to tear apart and see if it still floats. If it does, you've contributed to the whole group by making us think about possibilities that we may have never thought about.
                          I reflect on ideas by getting criticism from others and reevaluating, thats not a bad thing, it means i am open to debate abotu my own ideas, just because i dont come up with a theory that is perfect first time, doesnt mean one or two parts arent pretty good and the others can be augmented by other people ideas to fill in the gaps.
                          I dont expect my ideas to be perfect and ground breaking although i dont think that any of my major theories are not worthy of national thought about them. This one for example isnt perfect, but its bad, maybe the asgard did evolve seperately, but it does explain the Nox, and potentially the furlings. It has made a point of discussion around it, and im ok with that.

Which is actually 5-10 million years ago according to the first episode of Atlantis. See, this is exactly what I'm talking about.
                          Well yes 5-10 million years ago, that is along time, and im not counting out that they could have engineered out evolution in that time span.

That's a pretty vague approximation to be basing a hypothesis on.
                          Blame Jim.

You change your hypothesis when it fails. That's a good thing!
                          Thank you.

However there are far too many problems for your current hypothesis in order for it to play nicely with what has been introduced in the series. At this point it would be best to drop it and come up with something new that doesn't have so many continuity issues.
                          Not all of it has continuety issues, it just has a few grey areas within itself, like the date of dakara or the time the ancients left. we also have no date for the allience and no concrete definition of when the asgard, nox or furlings evolved or from where. We also dont know if the ancients and lantians were two seperate entities within one race or just a race that renamed itself.
                          See they are not continuety issues IMO, they are parts which are conjecture, i accept that, because i dont have information which is set in stone about dates and times and the information is lacking. However as a general theory, its not bad. The Great allience instead of being made of different races or species was made of four races or factions within a superrace (the alterans/ancients). That could be a piece of information that has been lost and warped throughout the ages. So while not cannon, its not out of the question. And it would answer a major question of how did the Nox evolve in to an advanced human form, and apparently predate human civilization, unless they were once ancients. and if they evolved seperate of both, how? and where? and why? When?

The problem is their apparent giant leap backwards in technology. 30,000 years ago the Asgard only had slow interstellar hyperdrives which required them to spend most of their trips in stasis pods.
                          The ancients on the other had, at that same time, were flying around from Galaxy to Galaxy without issues.
                          Maybe the Ancients kept hyperdrive technology from the Asgard, or maybe those asgards were just traveling on a really unadvanced ship. Also think of our world, we have superjets which can break the sound barrier, but third world nations wouldnt know how to fill it with gas.
                          Just because one portion of a race is technologically advanced doesnt mean all parts are. I surgested that the races each specialised, and the military were Lantian and had the fast jets and super weapons. The Asgard or pre Asgard asgard we scientists but geneticists and bioengineers. Maybe they perfected Cryogenics and didnt need to go fast all the time, maybe they hadnt developed inertial dampners and traveling in hyperspace would damage them so didnt have the technology to use hyperdrives like the ancients.

Critical thinking is your friend. I wish they'd teach that process in school these days, but they don't anymore. Instead you're just supposed to remember facts and never question them or those who teach you those facts.
                          I critically think all the time! they may not teach it but damn i have it engrained. its all i do lol.

The interesting thing here is that the different in DNA between a horse, deer, human and Asgard is probably less than 10%, so for genetic reasons, we're all very similar.
                          The fact that the Asgard gave the Tau'ri a sample of their DNA, and that we could recognize and sequence completely alien DNA gives immhoteps ideas at least some merit

Seriously though, if there wasn't any link between ancients, humans and asgard, we'd all look completely different, and I'm not talking about cosmetic differences.
                          Why do they breathe oxygen instead of carbon dioxide? Why do they reproduce sexually when most life on Earth doesn't. Why do they even look humanoid at all?
                          Alien life, if it evolved completely separated on another world and has had no contact with Earth, should appear completely different and almost unrecognizable as life to humans.

What definition are you using to define "Great Race"?

Did they have a galaxy spanning civilization? Yes.

Did they have technology that makes our look like tinker toys in comparison? Yes.

Did they have culture that spanned thousands of years and embraced other civilizations peacefully? Yes.

So why then were they not a great race 10,000 years ago? Because they lost a war? That's just silly.
                          Did they have a gate network in Ida? We saw one StarGate on Othala in The Fifth Race. One gate is not a gate network. Without any evidence to support the existence of more StarGates in the Ida Galaxy, this is impossible to prove either way.

If they did that then they'd be forced to stick to the story. They'd be bound by what other writers wrote before them. That doesn't give them any wiggle room if they have a good idea for a story that requires they modify what we know already.

Good writers always leave themselves a little wiggle room in case they change their minds. That's why we get vague dates for events and fuzzy explanations of how technology works.

Is 'Genesis' fan fic? This is why I don't read StarGate Fan fic.
                          Most fan fic writers don't want to simply tell good stories that take place in the StarGate universe. Instead they want to make groundbreaking claims that can easily be refuted by new developments in the official series.

Take Horizon for example. I read the pilot script and decided it was sub-par writing, but they invented all kinds of crap that simply cannot exist in the official StarGate universe as it is now.
                          Why compete with official sources? Why not simply use existing material to tell a great story?

Which timeline is that? Your unofficial timeline or someone elses unofficial timeline?

Here's a thought. If you want to write a groundbreaking story, don't make it in the StarGate universe. Invent your own universe so you don't have to stick with what we know about in StarGate.
                          Sure, it'd be a lot harder to write, but it would be yours to do with what you wanted, and you wouldn't have to care about what anybody here says about it.
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

The pre-ascension Ancients/Ori are Super-Humans... who created earlier versions of themselves (aka less-evolved in comparison with the Ancients/Ori) in at least 3 galaxies: Alteran (Ancient/Ori's home) Galaxy, Milky Way Galaxy, and the Pegasus Galaxy.

The Goa'uld harvested Earth for it's human population. But I doubt ALL of the Milky Way humans were from Earth. Some probably evolved on their own worlds much like the Pegasus humans, but their planets were outside the Goa'uld's knowledge of populated worlds and was therefore untouched by the Goa'uld. Much like those Medieval looking planets in which Morgan La Fey placed "medieval" style civilizations.
                            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Ok so its not a theory, its ideas about things, ill reduce it to that and make you happy.
                              It's not about making me happy, it's about understanding the definition of the words in your vocabulary. People shouldn't use a word if they don't know what it means.

Well then you cant have a theory about stargate in this context because the information is never going to be there.
                              Of course you can have a theory for StarGate. I mean, I've read some good ones that have yet to be proven wrong.

I should note that a theory can never be proven right, they can only be proven wrong.

I reflect on ideas by getting criticism from others and reevaluating, thats not a bad thing, it means i am open to debate abotu my own ideas, just because i dont come up with a theory that is perfect first time, doesnt mean one or two parts arent pretty good and the others can be augmented by other people ideas to fill in the gaps.
                              My point was that you should look at your ideas as if it wasn't yours. When you come up with an idea you think is good you're ultimately biased in favor of it. You're not going to pick it apart as throughly as an outsider would because you want it to be true.

I dont expect my ideas to be perfect and ground breaking although i dont think that any of my major theories are not worthy of national thought about them.
                              Again, misusing the word theory. You have hypotheses. Most of the ones I've read are trying to be ground breaking and conflict with what we know about the StarGate Universe. I mean, you're trying to push the idea that the alliance of four great races were actually just one race! That changes everything we know about those civilizations.

This one for example isnt perfect, but its bad, maybe the asgard did evolve seperately, but it does explain the Nox, and potentially the furlings. It has made a point of discussion around it, and im ok with that.
                              So what you're saying is, your hypothesis doesn't explain the Asgard because we know too much about them, but the other races we know little or nothing about, it explains them fine?
                              The point is we know very little about those races, so of course your hypothesis would explain them; we don't know anything that would contradict what you've said!

Blame Jim.
                              No, this is your hypothesis. You're the one using vague dialog to support your hypothesis.

Not all of it has continuety issues, it just has a few grey areas within itself, like the date of dakara or the time the ancients left.
                              The ancients leaving the Milky Way for Pegasus is gray, I'll give you that. The Dakara device is black - we have no information when it was built or used.

we also have no date for the allience and no concrete definition of when the asgard, nox or furlings evolved or from where.
                              Well, we do know that the Asgards technology 30,000 years ago wouldn't have enabled them to meet the ancients at that point in time, so the Alliance had to have started in the last 10,000 years, after the Lanteans returned back to Earth.

We also dont know if the ancients and lantians were two seperate entities within one race or just a race that renamed itself.
                              The ancients aren't a race. The word "Race" isn't even used by scientists anymore because it's not descriptive nomenclature. Saying someone is "black" or "white" doesn't tell you where they came from and it gives you no information about their genetics.

The ancients were a civilization, not a race. That civilization was, according to Daniel in Avalon Pt. II, called the Altera. That civilization existed until the plague. After the plague the only ancient civilization we know of that survived is the Lanteans.

The interesting thing about the Lanteans is that it was never explain how they survived the plague.

See they are not continuety issues IMO, they are parts which are conjecture, i accept that, because i dont have information which is set in stone about dates and times and the information is lacking. However as a general theory, its not bad.
                              You still don't understand the words you're using. A theory isn't constructed with conjecture, it's constructed with facts. You have to use all the information available, not just the parts that tend to support your hypothesis. If you don't have any facts (which you've admitted you don't), you're left with only conjecture.

The Great allience instead of being made of different races or species was made of four races or factions within a superrace (the alterans/ancients).
                              Let me rewrite this so it makes sense: "The great alliance wasn't made up of different alien species, but instead was made up of four different factions that were all part of the same civilization".

If this is correct, then why form an alliance? If they're already part of the same civilization (living together under common laws), and they're also all part of the same species, what's the point of an alliance?

See, this is a fundamental flaw of your hypothesis: If these factions were already living together in peace, why would they decide they need to form an alliance on top of any governments that may have already existed.
                              Honestly, what you're describing is akin to the States in the US having the federal constitution, but also having another document that does the same thing as the constitution. It's redundant.

That could be a piece of information that has been lost and warped throughout the ages.
                              How convenient.

So while not cannon, its not out of the question.
                              First, a cannon is a large gun. Second, it is out of the question until you explain why this alliance is needed when they're already part of the same civilization.

And it would answer a major question of how did the Nox evolve in to an advanced human form, and apparently predate human civilization, unless they were once ancients.
                              You mean Altera. Or maybe you mean Lanteans. Of course, why would they call themselves the Nox then? Wouldn't they call themselves Altera or Lanteans?

Why would the Asgard, when describing the alliance, describe four factions with the last called "The ancients". Why wouldn't they simply say "We are the Asgard, once part of the Alteran civilization"?

This is another flaw in your hypothesis that simply can't be explained away. The Asgard specifically separated the ancients from the other races because they were all different.

Maybe the Ancients kept hyperdrive technology from the Asgard
                              Why would they do that? I mean one of the first pieces of technology the Asgard gave Earth was their hyperdrive technology.

or maybe those asgards were just traveling on a really unadvanced ship.
                              Why would they do that? If you were traveling to another star system, would you go if the ship you would be traveling on wasn't using the latest technology? Remember, you'd be betting your life here.

Also think of our world, we have superjets which can break the sound barrier, but third world nations wouldnt know how to fill it with gas.
                              Don't be ignorant; we sell those jets to third world countries all the time.

Just because one portion of a race is technologically advanced doesnt mean all parts are.
                              Agreed, but the difference here is that they aren't just one "race" as you call them. If you're right, then they were all once part of the same species, living together in the same civilization. At one point they would have had the same knowledge and technology. Then, as you're suggesting, they diverged, each going their own way. After that, the Asgard apparently took a massive leap backwards in technology, and then after tens of thousands of years surpassed the Lanteans technology.

It doesn't make any sense.

I surgested that the races each specialised, and the military were Lantian and had the fast jets and super weapons.
                              Sure, because the Lanteans were warlike people! Oh wait, no they weren't. They had some weapons, but they were not war-like. They even tried to enter talks with the Wraith before the war broke out in order to not have to fight.

Yeah, they were warmongers alright.

The Asgard or pre Asgard asgard we scientists but geneticists and bioengineers.
                              Maybe they perfected Cryogenics and didnt need to go fast all the time, maybe they hadnt developed inertial dampners and traveling in hyperspace would damage them so didnt have the technology to use hyperdrives like the ancients.
                              Maybe your hypothesis isn't all that well thought out. I mean, if you have to invent a bunch of hypotheticals to support your claims, you're already in trouble.

I critically think all the time! they may not teach it but damn i have it engrained. its all i do lol.
                              I do not think you understand what critical thinking is.

Also, I'm not sure why you continued to quote me in your post but failed to comment on those quotes. Was there a reason for this?

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                              The pre-ascension Ancients/Ori are Super-Humans...
                              In what way? Every instance of the Lanteans shown in the series shows us they were normal humans with access to incredible knowledge and technology. They didn't have super-powers unless they were near ascension, and apparently they had no better chances at ascension than normal humans have.

who created earlier versions of themselves (aka less-evolved in comparison with the Ancients/Ori) in at least 3 galaxies: Alteran (Ancient/Ori's home) Galaxy, Milky Way Galaxy, and the Pegasus Galaxy.
                              I have serious doubts that the human life in Pegasus actually originated there. More on that below.

The Goa'uld harvested Earth for it's human population. But I doubt ALL of the Milky Way humans were from Earth.
                              There's actually a small amount of evidence to support this claim.

Some probably evolved on their own worlds much like the Pegasus humans
                              And here's the problem. The Lanteans left Earth 5-10 million years ago. There is no way that Pegasus went from nearly lifeless to populated with human civilizations unless the Lanteans brought protohumans from Earth and allowed them to continue their evolution on worlds in Pegasus. There simply hasn't been enough time to be at the same point in human evolution is in the Milky Way.
                              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

The creations of humans in the Ori galaxy in the beginning had nothing to do with worship, it had to do with helping a new generation of humans on the path of ascension, it wasn't until later that the Ori decided that worship was the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X