• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis S2 ending spoilers (I think)
    Spoiler:
    Actually a few million points of debris don't count as a ship

Comment

^ Oh you'd be surprised what a little duck tape can manage.

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
        is this suppose to be a discussion about the orion ship made by the ancients or something else cos why do we even need to put railguns or shields on the orion....

its already a good ship
        The Orion is a real Space Shuttle, hence the picture.....
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
          The Orion is a real Space Shuttle, hence the picture.....
          oh ritey O, lol well it didnt reli have a name on it , my bad!
          sigpic

Comment

It's all explained in the initial post so try looking at it. But anyway, I think shields would be a good idea, to protect it from space debris and such which could threaten the shutte. But aside from the idea of putting railguns on out shuttles being pointless, the other countries would complain.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
              But aside from the idea of putting railguns on out shuttles being pointless, the other countries would complain.
              It would sure be funny though.
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

What would be funny about it then?

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

why put shields and weapons on a tin can when you have a trinium one?

"Their victims knew no peace until the Ori came and whispered to them"Sleep for the end draws near"and on that day all will rejoice when the Ori come and lay them low. "

Comment

Originally posted by deadman View Post
                    I wish we would go back to the days when one Ha'tak would make us pee our pants. It is such a beautiful ship.
                    I do miss those days too..

Comment

I was thinking about how when Apophis first attacked Earth, Bra'tak told SG-1 to prepare their Warships, and:

BRA'TAC: I knew it would delay the attack until he arose. Perhaps when the warships of your world attack…

CARTER: Uh, excuse me, did you say the warships of our world?

BRA'TAC: Surely you have such vessels?

DANIEL: Well, we have a number of.. of…

O'NEILL/DANIEL: Shuttles.

BRA'TAC: These shuttles.. they are a formidable craft?

O'NEILL: Oh yeah. Yeah. Bad day.

It would be pretty cool if NASA started arming the shuttles with shields and railguns. The Orion (newest generation of spacecraft) would be the perfect opportunity:
                      SPOILERS: We have neither.

Comment

It's all explained in the initial post so try looking at it. But anyway, I think shields would be a good idea, to protect it from space debris and such which could threaten the shutte. But aside from the idea of putting railguns on out shuttles being pointless, the other countries would complain.
                        Not half, especially after that Season 3 Atlantis Ep War Games (or something along those lines)

Spoiler:
                        You can sniper super-accurately from space with those guns. They were hitting that castle from miles off!
                        When all technology has failed and all hope is lost, we will realize we had the ultimate advantage all along...

MAY BANJOS RULE THE WORLD!!!
                        The reason my chemistry teacher hates me:
                        Spoiler:
                        MBA (my chemistry teacher): What is Avagadros constant?
                        Me: 6 and a bit times 10 to the 23.
                        MBA: Yea, you know that "bit" is two billion trillion?
                        Me: Im barnsley and hung over, a bit will do
                        AND
                        MBA: What do we do to the number of moles to get the number of atoms?
                        Me: Times it by that really big number!
                        MBA: Yes, that really big number, what is it?
                        Me: How should i know?
                        MBA: Its on the board
                        Me: Then whats the point in asking???

Comment

What would be funny about it then?
                          BAAL: It is now the perfect time to strike. The Odyssey is off in Ida, and the Daedalus & Apollo are busy in Pegasus. They are all a week's jump away. Have you taken care of it?

ATHENA: Yes, our operative has disabled the Antarctic Platform. Even if they had their best working on repairing it, it's at least a week away from being operational.

BAAL: Perfect, my 3 Ha'taks should have an easy victory ahead of them.

[3 Ha'taks exit hyperspace over Earth]

FIRST PRIME: Shall we wait for a challenge?

BAAL: A challenge? The Tau'ri have nothing to rival my might!

FIRST PRIME: Of course Mas..... MY LORD A VESSEL APPROACHES!

BAAL: What? Put it on the viewer!

[Sees the new NASA Space Shuttle]

BAAL: Ha! They send their primitive shuttle to face me? Destroy it.

FIRST PRIME: .... My Lord, our weapons have no effect.

BAAL: How can that be?

FIRST PRIME: The vessel appears to be shielded.... It is closing in on our position.

BAAL: Fools! They've created a sitting duck. Do they expect a primitive vessel with Asgard Shields to intimidate their God?

FIRST PRIME: Something is powering up within the Tau'ri "shuttle." I believe it is....

[Rail Gun Round shoots through him, stopping him mid-sentence]

BAAL: Oh balls.
                          sigpic
                          ~David Hewlett

Comment

uhhhh, the Orion is a real ship, so if your talking real life, we don't HAVE shields yet, and if your talking Stargate, why the heck would we bother to outfit a current Earth technology ship with shields and railguns when we just got all the knowledge and technological genius of one of the most advanced races in the universe? That would seem like a massive waste of time and resources.
                            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

I was thinking about how when Apophis first attacked Earth, Bra'tak told SG-1 to prepare their Warships, and:

BRA'TAC: I knew it would delay the attack until he arose. Perhaps when the warships of your world attack…

CARTER: Uh, excuse me, did you say the warships of our world?

BRA'TAC: Surely you have such vessels?

DANIEL: Well, we have a number of.. of…

O'NEILL/DANIEL: Shuttles.

BRA'TAC: These shuttles.. they are a formidable craft?

O'NEILL: Oh yeah. Yeah. Bad day.

It would be pretty cool if NASA started arming the shuttles with shields and railguns. The Orion (newest generation of spacecraft) would be the perfect opportunity:
                              First of all, I don't see where you could put them. Such hardware would certainly take up more space then the crew area. There's also the WHY factor: we have 302s already. Civilians would definitely wonder about why a peaceful space exploration vessel was packing serious heat. Not to mention the diplomatic ramifications such an addition...
                              Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                              The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                              I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                              A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                              That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                              Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                              Caboose: They could be worse?
                              Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Railguns would be cool as they you can have shots like the ones in "Serenity" in the Reaver feild or like the gun turrets in "Star Wars" on the Death Star
                                sigpic
                                Banner Made By Me for Me
                                The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X