This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talyn2k1
    In an ideal world I imagine the Asgard would`ve done that. But the Asgard needed us to be able to access that knowledge and technology now so that we could take on their former job as defenders of the milky way (something they didn`t do that well imho).
    and something the tauri wouldn't do well either - they'd use it to guard only their own planet (if they didn't destroy it first that is)

instead the asgard could've given their tech to the tok'ra for example, much wiser choice
    or they could've given an unencrypted database to the tok'ra (so they could use it at once) and an encrypted database to the tauri (as a "farewell gift" or whatever)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
      and something the tauri wouldn't do well either - they'd use it to guard only their own planet (if they didn't destroy it first that is)

instead the asgard could've given their tech to the tok'ra for example, much wiser choice
      or they could've given an unencrypted database to the tok'ra (so they could use it at once) and an encrypted database to the tauri (as a "farewell gift" or whatever)
      The Asgard don`t really know the Tok`ra and are probably not sure if they are trsustworthy.
      They gave us the tech because they recognised our potential from day one and, despite certain undesirable individuals still present in our governments, they have determined that we are trustworthy.
      We're not perfect but they believe that we will learn from their mistakes (over-reliance on technology, arrogance, etc) and become 'The Fifth Race' that they have always envisioned us to be.

I think the last 9 years of interaction with the Asgard, their filtering of tech to us, has all been leading up to this. Giving us small amounts of Asgard tech allowed them to see how we would use such technology and we have obviously used it in a way that they approved of.

They've been eying us up from day one, they had their test drive, and now they`ve gone for the full purchase

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1
        The Asgard don`t really know the Tok`ra and are probably not sure if they are trsustworthy.
        They gave us the tech because they recognised our potential from day one and, despite certain undesirable individuals still present in our governments, they have determined that we are trustworthy.
        We're not perfect but they believe that we will learn from their mistakes (over-reliance on technology, arrogance, etc) and become 'The Fifth Race' that they have always envisioned us to be.

I think the last 9 years of interaction with the Asgard, their filtering of tech to us, has all been leading up to this. Giving us small amounts of Asgard tech allowed them to see how we would use such technology and we have obviously used it in a way that they approved of.

They've been eying us up from day one, they had their test drive, and now they`ve gone for the full purchase
        'cept that the only tech they'd given so far was either 100% non-offensive tech (advanced shields) or potentially lethal tech but with built-in safeguards (teleportation) which they alone could deactivate. plus they've only seen one side of the coin - the "positive potential" - since the only humans they've really been in contact with are the SG1 team and of course as we all know the SG guys are the good guys duh -)
        if they got to know the tauri the way the tollans did then chances are they'd have freaked out & the asgard council would've voted a big if not unanimous no no

Comment

True...

As to them giving it to the Tok'ra, while they would have been better for it, cause they are already more advanced, i also feel the Tok'ra would be more selfish..

Comment

more selfish than the earthlings ? inconceivable :|

the tokras have given SG very juicy pieces of tech in the past - forcefields for example (cf. Evolution, Prototype, Road Not Taken)

Comment

The To'kra are still symbiotes. The Asgard don't trust them.

And the Asgard have had years to get to know us. We've helped them so many times that the majority (Not all) believe we are their greatest Allies ad the only ones they can trust to give their technology (Apart from the Nox)
              sigpic
              Spoiler:
              President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
              President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
              Forum Charmer
              Forum Ambassador
              Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Cloning and Mind transfer...
                These are all specific to Asgard phisology, ours is different thats why the asgard couldnt just clone a human and put their mind in thier body, i doubt humans will ever be able to modify this tec to get it to work on us.
                "You have earned my respect and my friendship"

"The feeling's mutual"

"Please do not be sad"
                sigpic

Comment

cloning a body should be easy. the hard part i see would be in the mind transference part. as Asgard minds are more complicated, i would presume transferring a human one would be easier. and Loki did clone Jack already so it's very doable.
                  That's the plan?!? That's the plan. That plan sucks!

Comment

Working...
                  X