This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Warriors
    Wraith Warriors are the mainstay of the Wraith ground forces, capable of digging a foxhole to protect themselves – and other infantry – when defending a position.
    Abilities: Dig in, Call for Transport, Wraith Transmitter
    Upgrades: Wraith Control

Wraith Detonator (Grenader)
    Wraith Detonator Squad serve as Wraiths close-assault infantry. They are extremely difficult to suppress and can quickly clear enemy squads out of garrisoned structures with their high-powered, grenades.
    Requirements: Command Post
    Abilities: Call for Transport, Clear Garrisoned Structure, Wraith Transmitter

Wraith Keepers (Engineer)
    Wraith Keepers can capture enemy facilities, repair Wraith structures and damage bridges. Due to their slow movement rate and vulnerability, however, it’s a good idea to offer them protection whenever possible.
    Abilities: Call for Transport

Wraith Worshipers
    Requirements: Field Ordnance Supply
    Abilities: Self Destruct

Wraith (Male)
    Wraith Males are the Unmatched when fighting enemy infantry. Their explosives can demolish structures and even large vehicles.
    Abilities: Dig in, Call for Transport, Wraith Transmitter, Explosive Charge

Wraith Queen (Only one at a time)
    The Wraith Queens are the best of Wraith infantry. While there is only ever one of them, they are the clear leaders of all the Wraiths and are very strong physically and Mentally. They are capable of controlling their enemy with Wraith Control.
    Requirements: Field Ordnance Supply
    Abilities: Call for Transport, Wraith Transmitter

Comment

Pretty comprehensive list, its very good although a few points

Ancients
      Ascended beings have near godlike powers, maybe instead of having one, the ion storm ability could be represented as fire support from, an orbiting capitol ship ( a blast from an ori mothership, or a shower of drones)
      Different races have different strategies for example, Ancients are rare but are the masters of science - so maybe the units cost more but are stronger.
      At the other end of the scale are the Jaffa, who swamp the enemy with lots of troops. Humans thread the middle ground

The Ori
      The Ori security officer could be renamed something like the "Ori Crusader"
      Priors have lots of abilities in the show, they inspire the troops, heal, build and repair units, as well as have offensive and defebsive pyshic powers, but they have a few flaws - they move slowly, can have their powers suppressed (a technology researchable by most sides) and can only have one power active at a time

The Jaffa
      Instead of the Hok'taur for the Jaffa, maybe a Goa'uld System Lord (equipped with Hand device) would be better - it could have Telekinesis, healing, a personal shield and be very powerful. Also instead of the Jaffa engineer, there could be a Goa'uld scientist - lacking many of powerful abilities of the system lord but being able to repair buildings

Wraith
      When Wraith units destroy enemy troops they could get health back (taking this a step further - troops defeated by the wraith aren't dead but knocked out, and can be revived unless Wraith feed upon them) Darts could scoop up troops, defeating them easily but darts are fragile.
      Wraith have racial telepathy - meaning that when grouped together they are smarter.
      Keepers, as females have some powers

Earth/SGC
      Looks cool, no problems
      sigpic

Comment

I think personally the Ancients shouldnt be in the mod but thats a personal opinion really. You could potentially merge them with Earth and allow Earth some access to Ancient goodies. I would imagine that there are vehicles as well which probably would have to be made from scratch. Also im assuming that Tiberium becomes Naquada?

The Ion Cannon ability could be moved to the Ori tech tree and be called a beam cannon and simply be the main weapon of their battlecruisers. Or perhaps use the Scrin Rift Generator as the Ori superweapon and say that the Ori are capable of creating small black holes (they did turn one planet into a blackhole in the show so...). The Ori infantry personally I suggest you rename to; Ori Militia and Ori Crusaders or Templars.

Earth could take the nuke ability. Vehicles, well I could see the UAV, FRED, a militarised MALP and a mini tank potentially being used. Perhaps a special ability called 'Tok'ra Intelligence' that reveals the map shortly as well? Just as an excuse for the Tok'ra being involved in the thing.

For a Goa'uld vehicle; perhaps the Remote Probe that Anubis used to scout that planet where Janet Fraiser was killed? Could be something like the Nod Raider buggy or GDI Pitbull.

Goa'uld and Earth could also perhaps get a teleportation ability for their commandoes called 'Asgard transporter' that allows them to transport a short distance away like the ability of the Scrin Mastermind and Blink Packs of Shocktroopers.

But anyway, its looking good there. Hope this mod gets made

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Steve the Wraith: Some good ideas there, as for the drones and Ori blast as a super weapon, i would love to make it so that you can bombard a base with drones, however until the Mod files are realsed we don't know how much we can mod, however it was something that i was already thinking...

Comment

Prior_of_the_Ori: Yea, i gave the Ancients the Ion Cannon and renamed it to Ancient Sat. I gave the Ori the Rift and called it Blackhole. I gave Earth the Nuke, I gave the Goauld the Ion and called it AG-3 and i gave the Wraith the Ion cannon.

I am happy with all of them except the Wraith, i still don't know about the Ion for their super weapon, but the nuke seems to human and the blackhole seems to Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkwander View Post
              The Ion storm only last for about 30 seconds and it dosnt move, it says in the same area, while it will be able to kill men, ships and alike will just be damaged and not destoryed. Plus the Ori have the same units as well and i will make it so that the Ascended beings can be killed...
              I wasnt talking about how you implemented it,I was talking about how it should be to be anywhere close to cannon, an ascended being cant be killed and it can do pretty much anything it wants to on our plane, my point was that it would feel wrong (to me atleast but then again I dont play RTS games so I am not going to play the mod anyways but if any official game implemented them like that I would propaply not buy it and call it a loss).

Comment

Well the goa'uld called advanced humans hok'tar

Comment

Originally posted by NATIK View Post
                  I wasnt talking about how you implemented it,I was talking about how it should be to be anywhere close to cannon
                  Ideally i would love to the mod to be simular to the real series, however i don't think that is going to be possible, i am going to have to settle for close enough, however i will try.

An ascended being cant be killed and it can do pretty much anything it wants to on our plane
                  Not true, Ancients can be "Cancelled out" like the Ori was suppose to be with Merlins weapons.

my point was that it would feel wrong (to me atleast but then again I dont play RTS games so I am not going to play the mod anyways but if any official game implemented them like that I would propaply not buy it and call it a loss).
                  This is an Addon that would be free of charge, it isnt a actual game, it is a mod that can be installed to improve game function.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
                    The Ori security officer could be renamed something like the "Ori Crusader"
                    I like this idea and have changed the mod. Very good suggestion.

Also instead of the Jaffa engineer, there could be a Goa'uld scientist - lacking many of powerful abilities of the system lord but being able to repair buildings
                    Another excellent idea, changed the mod to suit..

When Wraith units destroy enemy troops they could get health back (taking this a step further - troops defeated by the wraith aren't dead but knocked out, and can be revived unless Wraith feed upon them) Darts could scoop up troops, defeating them easily but darts are fragile. Wraith have racial telepathy - meaning that when grouped together they are smarter.
                    Excellent idea, i would love to do it, however i don't know if it is possible, hell even having even the dart just scooping up the troops and that is it would be interesting.

Comment

Goa'uld Vehicles: (9-10-7)

Recon Drone
                      Scouting device of Goa’uld, slightly larger than a beach ball, which can be dispatched through Stargate in search of technology which may be of use to the Goa’uld. It’s Main purpose is also to determine the size and vulnerability of a planet.
                      Upgrades:

Harvester
                      Goa’uld Harvesters are easily recognisable by the light Laser mounted above the cabin, used to ward off marauders that might wish to steal their precious cargo.
                      Requirements: Refinery

Goa’uld Platforms
                      The Goa’uld, seemingly obsessed with Naquadah, often send Goa’uld Platforms to establish a presence in Naquadah-rich areas so that harvesting can commence.
                      Requirements: Communication Array

Comment

Ancient Vehicles: (9-10-7)

Ore Extractor
                        The Ore Extractors are easily recognisable by the rail gun mounted on top of the unit, used to ward off marauders that might wish to steal their Ore.
                        Requirements: Ore Refining Centre

MCV
                        The Ancient’s MCVs are capable of rolling over and relatively clear terrain and unpacking into a Control Tower.

Outpost
                        The Outpost can deploy in order to facilitate construction of a Base and establish a presence in the area.

Comment

Ori Vehicles: (9-10-7)

Harvester
                          Ori Harvesters are easily recognisable by the light Laser mounted above the cabin, used to ward off marauders that might wish to steal their precious cargo.

Conversion Unit
                          The Ori MCVs are capable of rolling over and relatively clear terrain and unpacking into a Construction Yard.

Conversion Outpost
                          This Vehicle is designed to travel to distant locations and establish a Ori presence, thus paving the way for additional Ori Bases.

Comment

Wraith Vehicles: (9-10-7)

Wraith Probe
                            Scouting device of Wraith origin, slightly larger than a beach ball, which can be dispatched through Stargates in search of technology which may link to the Ancients. Its Main purpose is also to determine the size and worth of suitable feeding grounds for the Wraith.
                            Upgrades:

Harvester
                            Wraith Harvesters are easily recognisable by the light energy Based weapon mounted above the cabin, used to ward off marauders that might wish to steal their precious cargo.

Wraith Outpost
                            This Outpost is designed to travel to distant locations and establish a Wraith presence, thus paving the way for additional Wraith Bases.

Comment

Earth Vehicles: (9-10-7)

M.A.L.P
                              The M.A.L.P which stands for Mobile Analytic Laboratory Probe is a scout vehicle and is light armoured. It isn’t able to survive direct combat but it can detect Stealth units.
                              Upgrades: Rail Gun

M1 Abram tank
                              The M1 Abram Tank is equipped with an armour piercing cannon and can withstand heavy fire thanks to it’s thick plating. However it is ineffective against infantry plating and vulnerable to hostile aircraft supported with Anti-air defence.
                              Upgrades: Rail Gun

MLV/CLV/Panther
                              The Earth Infantry rely on MLV/CLV/Panther to move safely though hostile terrain. MLV/CLV/Panther can also fire at Aircraft, infantry and light vehicles and are designed to let infantry attack from within. Also equipped with a 7.62 machine gun and a day/night sight.
                              Abilities:

Harvester
                              Earth Harvesters are easily recognisable by the light machinegun mounted above the cabin, used to ward off marauders that might wish to steal their precious cargo.

MCV
                              The Earth’s MCVs are capable of rolling over and relatively clear terrain and unpacking into a Construction Yard.

Alpha Site
                              This M.A.L.P is designed to travel to distant locations and establish Earth presence, thus paving the way for additional Earth Bases.
                              Last edited by Darkwander; 16 April 2007, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkwander View Post
                                The Goauld would have called them "Hok'taur" but i am wondering if there is a Ancient term.
                                Well, the Ancient language is basically a form of Latin, and advanced human in Latin is 'Provectus humanus'. Don't know what the proper Ancient term would have been, though.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X