This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    I hope we can see the Ori gatesystem in Ark of Truth with similar design as the Ori transport ring, the Ara or their ship.
    Kinda Lord of the Rings/Gondor looking, with writings carved in and out.

Their ring platforms already look ace. A white stargate with pale blue chevrons like on the Prior staves would be neat.

And you should see this picture from Stargate : Worlds:
    http://stargateworlds.com/content_gr...d3eaa9c35e.jpg
    Can this purple gate be a part of a new gate system? If you look the symbols, it seems to be new.
    I think the artist just took some liberty in his artwork, since the gate is supposed to be on a Milky Way planet...
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      But for a third series, I could see them using another primary colour, because they've already used red and blue. So it would be a yellow chevron gate.
      Yellow isn't a primary colour. Try green.

Green looks nice, but a single hue alteration like the Horizon guys did is not enough.

The Asgards had a classical one on Halla.

If the new places which are going to be seen were visited by the Alterans even before they landed in the Milky Way, then assuming they already had stargates then, they should look even cruder than the Milky Way ones.

The Pegasus ones are the latest style they tried.
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Cban View Post
        im prety sure they did they build the rings similar technology i think they would of been able to build one
        Earth has made it's own goauld rings. So I take it earth can make a stargates too

I would like the chevrons to be dark purple
        Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
        Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
        new enemy of the Ori
        At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Originally posted by Kingomon View Post
          Earth has made it's own goauld rings. So I take it earth can make a stargates too

I would like the chevrons to be dark purple
          Theoretically Earth can make Stargates but in my opinion it's not something they would have figured out themselves (they may have eventually though). Orlin showed they could do it using our current technology, and they just needed to study what he did to recreate it.

I like the purple gate best. In my opinion the colour makes it look mysterious and interesting, the green strikes me as a bit ominous.
          Last edited by Mousie; 04 April 2007, 11:39 PM. Reason: more info
          sigpic

Comment

Earth has not made ANY rings, I dont know what your talking about.

Transport rings were made by the ancients. Goauld can probably reproduce them but they did not originally make them, nor the stargate.

Only other race we seen that made their own stargate was the Tollan, and that was with the help of the Nox.
            Visit my Website

Comment

oh yeah, I definatly want to see a red chevron stargate. I know the green is a good idea but I want to see a bright red.

I like blue, it looks the best in the dark
              Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ARMS View Post
                Goa'uld never built stargates, you've got some catching up to do on SG History.

Big time Catchin' up if you ask me.

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post

Transport rings were made by the ancients. Goauld can probably reproduce them but they did not originally make them, nor the stargate.
                Although you see Rings onboard the DSC's, Earth still have not made ANY rings.

I doubt that Goa'uld can make Rings, the Rings are still pretty advance if you ask me. Even the Ori are still using ring after Millions of years

Edit. Acording Wiki: Rings are Manufactured and used almost exclusively by the Goa'uld and their enemy, the Tok'ra. So Goa'uld do make em'?????

Ori have 5 rings not the Standard 6 in the MW

Last edited by VSHARMA; 05 April 2007, 05:13 AM.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

it depends on the period they were built.
                  if they were built before the ones in the milky way, then they should look more old-skool .
                  if they were build after the ones in atlantis, they should look super technological
                  if they were built between the two periods, they should be somtehing partially advanced and partiallly old skool

Comment

Originally posted by overburn View Post
                    it depends on the period they were built.
                    if they were built before the ones in the milky way, then they should look more old-skool .
                    if they were build after the ones in atlantis, they should look super technological
                    if they were built between the two periods, they should be somtehing partially advanced and partiallly old skool
                    cant say ive seen any in Atlantis, although i would have thought there would have been since they made sum and their not exactly obsolete

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post

Only other race we seen that made their own stargate was the Tollan, and that was with the help of the Nox.
                      The Earth ships have a ring on each one. Prometheus(it's a hybrid so they didn't make the rings), Dedalus, Odyssey, Russian ship, and the rumored Apollo.
                      So were are all the transport rings coming from?

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                      Theoretically Earth can make Stargates but in my opinion it's not something they would have figured out themselves (they may have eventually though). Orlin showed they could do it using our current technology, and they just needed to study what he did to recreate it.

I like the purple gate best. In my opinion the colour makes it look mysterious and interesting, the green strikes me as a bit ominous.
                      I'm sure in the future Earth will make it's own stargates

Purple to me, reminds me of Galactic but Mysterious as well
                      Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                      Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                      new enemy of the Ori
                      At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

If Universe is set in the MW then they will look the same as the current ones. Maybe there will be a few newly made ones similar to the one made by the Tollan. (the shiny white one)
                        sigpic
                        Banner Made By Me for Me
                        The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                          If Universe is set in the MW then they will look the same as the current ones. Maybe there will be a few newly made ones similar to the one made by the Tollan. (the shiny white one)
                          I think it will be set outside the MW. The writers said it will be a separate show. If they are the MW, ppl will be asking where are SG-1???

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
                            Edit. Acording Wiki: Rings are Manufactured and used almost exclusively by the Goa'uld and their enemy, the Tok'ra. So Goa'uld do make em'?????

if the ori have them then they cant be manufactured and used almost exclusively by the Goa'uld and their enemy, the Tok'ra

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post

Big time Catchin' up if you ask me.

Although you see Rings onboard the DSC's, Earth still have not made ANY rings.

I doubt that Goa'uld can make Rings, the Rings are still pretty advance if you ask me. Even the Ori are still using ring after Millions of years

I think the Goa'uld do build the Rings as it was stated in "The Other Guys" wheather they have a big factory somewhere!

Also the Goa'uld are still pretty advanced and are good at replicating ancient technology making it the'r own i mean they worked out how to do the sarcof... sacrcofa? (big healing machine you sleep in)! They also have great knowledge of the gates systems (BAAL) and other adavbanmced technology such as ZATS, healing devices, energy hand gloves.
                              I aslo recon if they wanted they could have exspanded and made some gates themselves as we know most Human worlds where terraformed and made by the Goa'uld there4 where would they have got all the neccasary the gates from to cover the'r exspanded network of habitable planets?
                              sigpic
                              Banner Made By Me for Me
                              The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

The Earth ships have a ring on each one. Prometheus(it's a hybrid so they didn't make the rings), Dedalus, Odyssey, Russian ship, and the rumored Apollo.
                                So were are all the transport rings coming from?
                                From other planets...

Comment

Working...
                                X