This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rsly93 View Post
    Maybe the gate is capable of sensing the height of the ground and then adjusting the exit position of the object going through.
    Wow for a thin ring the gate can do a lot of things.
    I love how after reading this thread anything that can't be exspalined ends in "Maybe the gate can detect it"

If the gate is set in stone it should not work as an iris because There should be a thin gap where the event harizon sits and eats away the stone but the props never shown this.

Its the same as the Atlantis cloak. When it cloaks why is the water still not acting like its floating there? There should be a gap in the water where the underwater hanger goes?
    At the end of the day its all plot holes.
    sigpic
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
      I love how after reading this thread anything that can't be exspalined ends in "Maybe the gate can detect it"

If the gate is set in stone it should not work as an iris because There should be a thin gap where the event harizon sits and eats away the stone but the props never shown this.

Its the same as the Atlantis cloak. When it cloaks why is the water still not acting like its floating there? There should be a gap in the water where the underwater hanger goes?
      Maybe it's just a TV show and doesn't need everything to be "exspalined," which I think is explained but not spelled as well.

Comment

because it's also a phase cloak, didn't you know that.

Comment

Originally posted by hypochondriac View Post
          because it's also a phase cloak, didn't you know that.
          I do now

That would exspalin it but i would not like to be walking through the below sea level parts of the city when in the phase cloak as it would just be strange!
          You will be walking through water without feeling its presents and with air to breath!

Originally posted by Konrad9 View Post
          "exspalined," which I think is explained but not spelled as well.
          Yeah its called an unchecked Typo! Also would it not be "Spelt as well" rather than

Originally posted by Konrad9 View Post
          but not spelled as well.
          Last edited by MechaThor; 07 April 2007, 03:51 AM.
          sigpic
          Banner Made By Me for Me
          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

While I agree on your other points this one is NOT a plothole, listen to what Mackay and Zelenka are saying in The Siege Part 3. Zelenka asks about the water displacement to which Mackay responds that it is easy and they just set the cloak to project an image of a normal ocean surface (not in those words he talks about emulating water and stuff but its the gist of it).

Comment

The only part of the kawoosh that causes damage is the part that shoots out in the middle so surely it wouldnt dig cut away into the stone 'holder' would it?
              Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
              MSN: [email protected]
              feel free to add me on either

Comment

I do now

That would exspalin it but i would not like to be walking through the below sea level parts of the city when in the phase cloak as it would just be strange!
                You will be walking through water without feeling its presents and with air to breath!

Yeah its called an unchecked Typo! Also would it not be "Spelt as well" rather than
                I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to parts of the city that were flooded? I don't see how it would be any different than looking through a window.
                Atlantis doesn't have a phase cloak, so you wouldn't be going *through* water.
                If Atlantis *did* have a phase cloak, they could just turn it off and be completely undetectable. Except for the Stargate, I suppose.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/spelled

Spelled and spelt are both acceptable forms of spell in the past tense.
                Oh, and you spelt explain wrong. Again.
                You also spelled presence wrong.
                And breathe. Breath: Take a breath. Breathe: I was trying to breathe under water.
                I would have let them go, but you seemed insistent about correcting me on the word I spelled correctly.

Comment

If phased, could the gate get activated?? Can you detect if a planet's gate is there>?? Other than dialing a planet, can you tell if they currently have their gate active??

Comment

Also, why didnt they just park a ship in the way of the event horizion of the supergate in crusade? Or an asteroid if u dont wanna risk ure ship?

Comment

its kind of like not being able to drink a pop when the cap isn't opened.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                        Also, why didnt they just park a ship in the way of the event horizion of the supergate in crusade? Or an asteroid if u dont wanna risk ure ship?
                        A- perhaps they did not think of that.
                        B- perhaps they did, but though the supergate making a connection/opening up would actually go through any ship they put in there.
                        C- Dunno... had to put a c in just to be fare..

Comment

Working...
                        X