This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoxyEX View Post
    The Tollan never gave up the specs for anything. They were going to build the Ion Cannons for Earth themselves. Remember Samantha mentioning that the cannons were so advanced that reverse-developing them was well beyond Earth's capabilities ?
    So they had the specs but knew they couldn't build it
    Thats why I'm asking if they would pursue them
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
      So they had the specs but knew they couldn't build it
      Thats why I'm asking if they would pursue them
      No, they didn't have the specs.
      sigpic

Comment

No, they didn't have the specs.
        So then how did carter know they were to hard to reverse engineer then
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

So then how did carter know they were to hard to reverse engineer then
          Uh, because it was Tollan technology?
          sigpic

Comment

Uh, because it was Tollan technology?
            I thought they gave them the specs to see the weapon because tollan knew that the weapons were ineffective and they were going to destroy Earth so they didn't care giving them the specs
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic

Comment

I thought they gave them the specs to see the weapon because tollan knew that the weapons were ineffective and they were going to destroy Earth so they didn't care giving them the specs
              The Tollan knew that the weapons were ineffective, yep, but they were going to give Earth units built by themselves in exchange for Trinium, as evidenced by Jack and Daniel asking for 30 or more of the cannons. They never gave Earth the specs. End of story.
              sigpic

Comment

I just hope the Tollans were still alive they would probably come to earth and beg us for our new energy weapons.
                Spoiler:
                Spoiler:
                A tribute to the Asgard, a great race, great allies and our best friends!
                The Tau'ri will not forget about you.

Your legacy is safe with use.

Comment

The Tollan knew that the weapons were ineffective, yep, but they were going to give Earth units built by themselves in exchange for Trinium, as evidenced by Jack and Daniel asking for 30 or more of the cannons. They never gave Earth the specs. End of story.
                  Maybe your story but no I thought Carter looked at the specs on one of her computers and said something like this "there is no way we are going to be able to reverse engineer this. We're going to have to ask for more Ion Cannons."
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic

Comment

Maybe your story but no I thought Carter looked at the specs on one of her computers and said something like this "there is no way we are going to be able to reverse engineer this. We're going to have to ask for more Ion Cannons."
                    Those weren't specs in that scene. It was just a digital representation of what the cannon looks like.

sigpic

Comment

Then how did they know it was to hard to reverse engineer if they didn't have specs. I don't just look at a Car and say thats to hard to make. I look at the engine and then say thats to hard to make
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tovny View Post
                        I just hope the Tollans were still alive they would probably come to earth and beg us for our new energy weapons.
                        I would love to that
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic

Comment

Then how did they know it was to hard to reverse engineer if they didn't have specs. I don't just look at a Car and say thats to hard to make. I look at the engine and then say thats to hard to make
                          Are you kidding me? Again, it was Tollan technology. It doesn't take a genius or some technical specifications to figure out that a super-advanced weapon like an Ion cannon would be next to impossible to reverse-develop. Earth couldn't even reverse-develop Goa'uld weapons and those were less sophisticated than Ion cannons.
                          sigpic

Comment

I would love to that
                            We could tell them they were too young and act like they did to us.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
                              We could tell them they were too young and act like they did to us.
                              Poetic Justice
                              A Face you Can Trust
                              sigpic

Comment

Current weapons we have and use:
                                Spoiler:
                                Drones, Horizon, Mk9, Asgard Phasers, Mk8 Tacticals, Mk3 Tacticals, Railguns
                                Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X