This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kull Warrior Suit

If a regular human was given a Kull Warrior suit would they be invincible to energy and projectile weapons? I'm asking becaause the weapon that carter developed was meant to beat the Kull but not the human. So if you got a suit would you not be able to get hurt?
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

yeah they would be.
    There's an episode where jacob is getting around anubis's Kull Warrior lab in a Kull suit and i'm pretty sure it would stop anything as it's the suit that stops the energy/projectile not the kull itself (or what would be the point of the suit).
    The energy weapon carter makes i'm pretty sure penetrates the suit and kills the life force the kull use to stay alive, the telchek's device thingy's life giving powers.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
      If a regular human was given a Kull Warrior suit would they be invincible to energy and projectile weapons? I'm asking becaause the weapon that carter developed was meant to beat the Kull but not the human. So if you got a suit would you not be able to get hurt?
      Jakob was able to pass through forcefields while wearing it and Vala showed no signs of being affected by the Zat shots Daniel fired at her when she wore one, so it is logical to assume you as a human in a Kull suit would be immune to most, if not all of what the kull was.

Comment

That's the reason why it's totally been ignored by TPTB!

Imagine it being used on Atlantis. Send a team aboard dressed in the kull suit & you wouldn't need to have them worried about being fed upon or stunned by Wraith weapons. So in essence, they could take out a Hive easily. Especially if they got on board using a cloaked PJ. Then the SGA teams went out with the retro-virus in hand.

I really would love to see them try it, but after all this time, if it's not been used. Then with Asurans becoming the new big bads, I doubt it ever will be!

Comment

The Kull Warrior armor would prove quite useful in the field against both the wraith and ori. I think the suit and weapons would so own every enemy.
          sigpic

Comment

Isn't the 'ceramic polymar' developed by Dr Lee in Heroes just the same stuff the Kull Warriors use.

It isn't overly useful in the field, I admit that if you go into a battlefield then it would be excellent but for what most SG Teams do which is stealth and recon, it wouldn't be overly useful.
            Disliked a recent episode?
            Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
            The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

That suit principle is just matter of time thing when humans manage to devise appropriate destructive energy frequincy against suit anuibus would change its protective frequincy to another stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Angarag89 View Post
                That suit principle is just matter of time thing when humans manage to devise appropriate destructive energy frequincy against suit anuibus would change its protective frequincy to another stage.
                You can't just change the frequency of a weapon and make it pass through things. You can (according to most scfi universes) alter ENERGY weapons frequencies to match that of SHIELDS and thus make it pass through the SHIELD ONLY not solid matter.

Otherwise I agree with you that something will propaply be made to counter it but in the meantime it is very very usefull to have such suits for combat purposes, for the stealth/recon that SG teams usually do it is useless though, way to cumbersome and it looks very intimidating to new people if 4 people in kull suits step through the gate, would make it hard to get new allies

Comment

The Kull armor is one thing the writers tossed aside.
                  There is the Kull that they captured and the one Kull who died. One of those was used and that leaves one extra. There is the Kull armor that Vala had when she first showed up.

There is also the Cloak Nurtti used

And also when the plague hit that world, Vala was using the old healing device and she was not using the one that Daniel took from her when Vala first came onto the show.

Another advantage they forgot about is the fact that they keep getting hand devices and the have not used them. And have not tried to make what is needed to use them but are able to make an Ancient gene to use Ancient technology.

So many possible things but still not used
                  Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                  Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                  new enemy of the Ori
                  At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

the kull suits are so useful against nearly any enemy except for priors and high obital atacks from very powerful ships
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Templar View Post
                      Isn't the 'ceramic polymar' developed by Dr Lee in Heroes just the same stuff the Kull Warriors use.

It isn't overly useful in the field, I admit that if you go into a battlefield then it would be excellent but for what most SG Teams do which is stealth and recon, it wouldn't be overly useful.
                      I don't think it's the same. The kull armour accually absorbs energy weapons fire. Our armour repels the staff blast and I doubt it would be effective against many other energy weapons.
                      Using the Kull Armour would be brilliant in combat but it would give us too much of an advantage. I'm sure there are some sets of the armour at Area-51 & Area-52 (a.k.a. The SGC) but TPTB wouldn't ever use it.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
                        I don't think it's the same. The kull armour accually absorbs energy weapons fire. Our armour repels the staff blast and I doubt it would be effective against many other energy weapons.
                        Using the Kull Armour would be brilliant in combat but it would give us too much of an advantage. I'm sure there are some sets of the armour at Area-51 & Area-52 (a.k.a. The SGC) but TPTB wouldn't ever use it.
                        yeah as I said there are about two of them
                        Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                        Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                        new enemy of the Ori
                        At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

The Goauld inside the Kull must have done something about internal injuries.
                          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                          The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                          I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                          Caboose: They could be worse?
                          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                          X