This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld tech vs Earth Tech

This isn't a vs thread ok. So no Negative Nancy's ok. No kill joys. As mother said "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything"

Here is the question I give to you. Is the tech Earth has now (season 10) better then Goa'uld tech altogether. Also what would you rather have Earth Tech (season 10) or Goa'uld Tech for Earth and none of the other tech that we have from Asgard or other sources.
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
    This isn't a vs thread ok. So no Negative Nancy's ok. No kill joys. As mother said "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything"

Here is the question I give to you. Is the tech Earth has now (season 10) better then Goa'uld tech altogether. Also what would you rather have Earth Tech (season 10) or Goa'uld Tech for Earth and none of the other tech that we have from Asgard or other sources.
    Goa'uld.

Comment

earth

Comment

I guess I should leave an anwser as well so let me think about it
        Advantages Earth
        Better Shields
        Better Hyperdrives
        Better Transports (beaming tech)

Advantages Goa'uld
        Energy Weapons
        Really high quality Power Sources
        Better understanding of Stargate
        More types of ships
        Cloak

I think I would have to go with Goa'uld (I love the Ha'tak), there ahead of us in so many differnt ways and there understanding of things make there tech way to bad not to pass up, even though Earth has progressed rapidly, it still dosn't compare to the Goa'uld understaing of tech
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

I think you should write a topic with all you questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
            I think you should write a topic with all you questions.
            maybe I will, maybe I won'y who knows (well other then me)
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
              Advantages Earth
              Better Shields
              Better Hyperdrives

Advantages Goa'uld
              Energy Weapons
              Really high quality Power Sources
              Better understanding of Stargate
              More types of ships
              Cloak

I think I would have to go with Goa'uld (I love the Ha'tak), there ahead of us in so many differnt ways and there understanding of things make there tech way to bad not to pass up, even though Earth has progressed rapidly, it still dosn't compare to the Goa'uld understaing of tech
              I wouldn't say they have better knowledge of the stargate..and more types of ships isn't necessarily an advantage. Most of the advantages you listed for us aren't our technology.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
                I wouldn't say they have better knowledge of the stargate..and more types of ships isn't necessarily an advantage. Most of the advantages you listed for us aren't our technology.
                True but that is what we have an advantage of plus they do know the stargate better then us in the 48 hours the Goa'uld's Knowledge allowed us to get Teal'c back so they have better knowledge of the stargate
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic

Comment

but remember the Goauld took technolog from other races and made it there own, especially Ancient tech.

Comment

Earth, at least we don't need naquiderd in our blood to make it work.
                    P.S. the Stargate isn't gou'ald tech, its ancient.
                    The only gou'ald tech we have seen are things like the staff weapon, zats, hyper drives, hand devices etc.

Comment

Goa'uld have:
                      Sarcophagus
                      Cloak ships
                      Personal Cloaks
                      Hand device
                      Multiple of ship types

Goa'uld but I would rather have Anubis's tec
                      Mind device
                      Big Mothership weapon
                      Kull warriors
                      Better Tec then previous Goa’uld
                      Cloning
                      and much more.....
                      Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                      Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                      new enemy of the Ori
                      At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

The Gould are more advanced than earth by far most of our tech was given to us

The gould may have stole it but atleast they researched and learned how to use it and build it of course

Like to see making TER's

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman
                          Advantages Earth
                          Better Shields
                          Better Hyperdrives
                          earth has (in the sense: possesses) better pieces of tech but all of the above was given by the asgard and earth doesn't have the tech itself ie. the knowledge to reverse-engineer & produce any asgard-level tech (or even goauld-level tech for that matter, with a few exceptions such as naquada generators & anti-gravity)
                          humans still can't make their own forcefields or their own energy weapons

obviously the goauld are still way, waaay ahead of earth
                          at least this helps the show retain a minimum of credibility

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                            earth has (in the sense: possesses) better pieces of tech but all of the above was given by the asgard and earth doesn't have the tech itself ie. the knowledge to reverse-engineer & produce any asgard-level tech (or even goauld-level tech for that matter, with a few exceptions such as naquada generators & anti-gravity)
                            humans still can't make their own forcefields or their own energy weapons

obviously the goauld are still way, waaay ahead of earth
                            at least this helps the show retain a minimum of credibility
                            actually the naquada generators, we learned that from a race of humans.
                            Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                            Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                            new enemy of the Ori
                            At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Originally posted by Kingomon
                              actually the naquada generators, we learned that from a race of humans.
                              true, though what I meant was, earth does have the tech - the tauri were able to learn it & and can now produce it on their own (unlike shields or energy weapons)

Comment

Working...
                              X