This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keeper View Post
    true, but until they tried building a supergate we hadn't a clue how serious a threat they were. they also worked with a gouaould to get us to help them build their beachead. they direclty announced to us that they were coming - wheras if they'd taken stealth they wouldn't have risked a huge encounter. they must have realised that after a failed supergate we'd be on the lookout for a second attempt, and must have realised we'd try to gather what we could to face them.
    I think it was pretty clear from the start the Ori were confident they'd be able to take on anything the milkyway threw at them, the priors here were announcing the ships arrival weeks before it actually hapened. They simply didn't care what we threw at them, they knew they'd be victorious and with the kinda power we've seen them display they have reason not to care.

Comment

we have the peices of the first supergate that we kept from completing. Those segments looked pretty hardy so we may just have to collect them and make some minor repairs.
      then:
      1. We some how tow the supergate in our galaxy to a black hole.
      2. find a planet in Pegasus we dont care about and condense it. Shoot the pieces through, have the peices join and use the power of the micro singularity to power the gate.

kinda crazy if you ask me.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

How do we condense a planet?

And there is a microsingularity near the supergate to power it.

Comment

You want to have enough gravitational forces to suck the planet into the gate so you'd have to bring the supergate alot closer to the microsingularity, or put it at a black hole. thats how you condense the planet, redo beach head.
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I'm pretty sure the planet collapsed in beachhead because of that force field; after all, if all of the planet was sucked into the gate, then there would be no mass left over to form the singularity.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              In time, do you feel the SGC could make their own supergate, say from here to the Pegasus galaxy, so we could have our ships go 'visit' atlantis, and help out without having to travel all that time...???
              Well now we have the Pegasus/Milky Way gate bridge theres no need for a super gate.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
                Well now we have the Pegasus/Milky Way gate bridge theres no need for a super gate.
                slightly different, the gatebridge couldn't transport a whole fleet of ships so there is still a need.

Comment

Earth only has a few ships anyway. We don't need to transport a fleet.
                  sigpic

Comment

And only jumpers can go through the bridge... what if we wanted to 'quickly' send say a 304... Even with a zpm powering the hyperdrive, it still takes 4 days.

Comment

Or you can just send the ZPM...

Comment

Originally posted by Keeper View Post
                        i'd guess not - power requirements are likely phenomonal (i seem to recall something about a black hole being involved) and there's no need for it. if we get the ability to build ZPMs we'll be fine, and even without that the deady has one doesn't it? so its faster than it was.
                        If Earth can make ZPMs in the future then they could use muliples of them to power the supergate.

Though a regular gate is nice, a big gate would be built so Earth can move it's fleet to another galaxy in case they piss off another powerful enemy.
                        Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                        Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                        new enemy of the Ori
                        At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Earth can't even build a regular gate, so building a supergate, hell no.

We've not even been told if they were able to make another DIY gate that Orilin built so I think we are far, far, far away from being close another like that. Maybe when we reach the Asgard or Nox level we could have an idea on how to do it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                            Earth can't even build a regular gate, so building a supergate, hell no.

We've not even been told if they were able to make another DIY gate that Orilin built so I think we are far, far, far away from being close another like that. Maybe when we reach the Asgard or Nox level we could have an idea on how to do it.
                            That is why I say the Future. Especially if we can hold onto Atlantis
                            new enemy of the Ori

Comment

Originally posted by Kingomon View Post
                              That is why I say the Future. Especially if we can hold onto Atlantis
                              the tollans can build their own gates! Although O Neill said "Ours is bigger."

Comment

Originally posted by galileon View Post
                                the tollans can build their own gates! Although O Neill said "Ours is bigger."
                                yes but the tollan are gone leaving the nox but they are not geting involved in anything at the moment.

But I was saying that in future because Saberblade was saying that earth can't build a regular gate. And I agree that we are far off. so to the future.
                                new enemy of the Ori

Comment

Working...
                                X