Original Weapon Design Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was just an idea.
    howerver u could have a subspace containment jumper that store like 500 drones, with maybe some kind of downgraded zpm, and a few would bring some heavy firepower for such a small package,
    like i said, just an idea.
    but your cruiser could be a lot samller if it use subspace containment.

Comment

Now I don't know if this has been thought up & I know its not a weapon but I thought I'd share it none the less. Assuming that the matter stream of a ring transporter goes more or less straight up, a series of satellites could be developed to redirect the matter steam to get from one side of the planet to the another.

What does everyone think?
      sigpic
      "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
      Signature made by RJB

Comment

How about a missile that could travel through hyper-space. It could be launched from a starship, travel up to 50ly throught hyperspace. whenh it emerges it would release up to 8 mark 9 gatebusters. each could be individually targeted or programed to home in on a target from different vectors - to confuse point defense systems!

Comment

I've seen a few people mention this already, but having something like the Mac Cannon from Halo strapped to our ships would be epic.

I drew a ship and posted it in the starship design thread that has two large, roughly 200 metre long rail guns on the tip of each wing (the wings are kind of modeled off of an O'Neill class ship). The theory was that when engaging multiple targets with shields, the beam weapons could be used to knock down a ship's shields, then once they failed the beam weapons could immediately move on to the next target, since we are able to aim the beams. The ship would keep barreling towards the defenseless target, blasting it with massive projectiles being fired from the railguns. This would make our ships far more effective, instead of only being able to really engage one ship at a time with our current beam configurations.

Comment

Working...
          X