This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
    An image of the 'gate wearing a big bluetooth headset for cell phones just popped into my head when I read that
    he he lol. didn`t think of it like that.

Originally posted by teletran View Post
    It's also worth noting that the DHD involved was from a different set than the gate i.e. Giza DHD antarctic gate. I'm not sure how relevant that is.
    In "mobius" the PJ DHD is shown to be able to dial the in gate antarctica from within cheyenne mountain. An almost astronomical distance (but then it's a space ship so presumably it can quite happily deal with completely astronomical distances).
    I think DHDs and Stargates are pretty much interchangeable. The PoO is just a symbol, a different representation of the same function on every DHD so I`m pretty sure gates can be interchanged fairly simply.

Originally posted by Carnage View Post
    Something I've been wondering:

Isn't it so that in the first number of episodes or seasons (I don't exactly recall when) it's said that the powersource that powers the gate is in the DHD? Since it's pretty much impossible to transmit that kind of energy wireless, there'd have to be a physical connection.

Ofcourse the Ancients where pretty smart, so maybe they found a way around it
    Well this is sci-fi
    Its pretty implausible but if it makes the gates work I`m all for it!

Comment

Maybe the big stone base that seems to be standard equipment houses the power supply and the dhd just controls it.
      may contain traces of nut

Comment

Originally posted by teletran View Post
        Maybe the big stone base that seems to be standard equipment houses the power supply and the dhd just controls it.
        I don't think so cos the Russians were using the gate with a DHD and there was no sign of any other power source hooked up to the gate so I think it is safe to say that the power source is in the DHD.

Just found an article about wireless energy transmission. This might explain how the DHD powers the gate without a physical connection.

http://www.matr.net/print-4960.html

Comment

I know wireless energy is possible, that's why I didn't call it impossible, but pretty much impossible concerning such an amount of energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnage View Post
            I know wireless energy is possible, that's why I didn't call it impossible, but pretty much impossible concerning such an amount of energy.
            If its possible to do it with a small amount of energy then it isn`t far fetched to assume that the amount of energy you can transmit goes up as the technology grows more advanced.

Of course, I`m sure any Ancient energy transmission technology would probably rely on a completely different principle to what the article talks about. Hell, the Tollan disproved Quantum Physics!

Comment

Working...
            X