This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ship virus

OK, this came in my mind a few days ago.
    Tau'ri ships don't have good weapons, so they don't stand much of a chance against Hives and Ori ships.

But what if they would create a virus that would make the enemy's ship computer fall in to our hands and we could control their ship, or if it would
    lower there shields or do something.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    A tribute to the Asgard, a great race, great allies and our best friends!
    The Tau'ri will not forget about you.

Your legacy is safe with use.

How would you transmit the virus?

It's not like they are as demb as the Colonials to use wireless networks

Comment

Well maybe they would open a comunication channel and transmit the virus.
      Spoiler:
      Spoiler:

Comment

Don't forget the Wraith use a jamming code, I don't know if there is another way to transmit it to them. I think the best way to get rid of the Wraith would be to fire a missle from a cloaked PJ that would contain one or two bug replicators. Once the replicators get on board, they would either live or die, based on the ability to consume their technology.

: Green is Good.
        sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

well the wraith tranmitted its ai virus while the daedalus shileds were on

and we earth is qiute alright at making viruses, like in off the grid that fat goauld said that this virus was very tricky to get rid of.
          sigpic

Comment

Well in allies they did communicate and I think the wraith didn't disable there jamming codes, they probable knew that we would beam a big nuke on board and blast them down from the sky.

And they did get a virus on the Daedalus so i don't see why we couldn't.
            Spoiler:
            Spoiler:

Comment

You could transmit the virus through text messaging from ship to ship. Or you could do it through their sensors or something.

Best Stargate quote:
              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
              Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                You could transmit the virus through text messaging from ship to ship. Or you could do it through their sensors or something.
                <geek>
                you guys just assume we have a working copy of the wraith operating system in storage somewhere. Nobody, not even the best of code monkeys (myself included) can make a pre-compiled binary (that is one that will run natively on the system without compiling the source code) without a working, fully functional copy of the OS they're writing for. We don't even know if wraith computers can execute C/C++/RoR/PASCAL no matter how they're compiled. Now of course we know that Stargate is less than realistic with their computer technology, seeing as how the wraith got a virus into our own OS, but really, it's not very likely that even "Mr. Avenger" could do it.

I hate being the guy who sits in movies like firewall or tv shows like CSI and goes "dude, you know you can't do that..." or "YOU CAN'T ****ING ENHANCE THAT PICTURE BECAUSE THE PIXELS JUST AREN'T ****ING THERE!!!!"
                </geek>
                Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                Check out my Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
                  <geek>
                  you guys just assume we have a working copy of the wraith operating system in storage somewhere. Nobody, not even the best of code monkeys (myself included) can make a pre-compiled binary (that is one that will run natively on the system without compiling the source code) without a working, fully functional copy of the OS they're writing for. We don't even know if wraith computers can execute C/C++/RoR/PASCAL no matter how they're compiled. Now of course we know that Stargate is less than realistic with their computer technology, seeing as how the wraith got a virus into our own OS, but really, it's not very likely that even "Mr. Avenger" could do it.

I hate being the guy who sits in movies like firewall or tv shows like CSI and goes "dude, you know you can't do that..." or "YOU CAN'T ****ING ENHANCE THAT PICTURE BECAUSE THE PIXELS JUST AREN'T ****ING THERE!!!!"
                  </geek>
                  LMao bro I know the feeling.
                  Anyway your completely correct its absolutely completely 100% impossible to just write code, and send it to a computer system we've never seen before.
                  That was the huge flaw from independence day.
                  More than likely the Wraith operating system wouldn't recognize ANYTHING from our virus, AND vice versa. So the code would be completely useless because none of the variables and subprotocols or any of the libraries or anything else it used would be of any use on an unknown operating system.
                  www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

I was under the impression that they had a copy of the wraith operating system

Spoiler:
                    In the SGA S3 episode Allies they were given a copy of the complete wraith technical specifications in order to get the anti wraith retro virus into the wraith hive ships I am sure that they could use that information

Comment

Didnt all the information we get from the wraith get destroyed

Comment

Originally posted by Tovny View Post
                        OK, this came in my mind a few days ago.
                        Tau'ri ships don't have good weapons, so they don't stand much of a chance against Hives and Ori ships.

But what if they would create a virus that would make the enemy's ship computer fall in to our hands and we could control their ship, or if it would
                        lower there shields or do something.
                        theres one masive flaw dont u think they will have anti virus software
                        sigpic
                        Sig For Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cban View Post
                          theres one masive flaw dont u think they will have anti virus software
                          The Goa'uld, Ori, and Lucian Alliance wouldnt have the anti-virus software.

Best Stargate quote:
                          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                            The Goa'uld, Ori, and Lucian Alliance wouldnt have the anti-virus software.
                            oh right!!!

their ships run with macs
                            Visit my Website

Comment

Indeed I think we also got a copy of it from our very own hive ship.

Comment

Working...
                              X