X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go easy I’m the New-Guy

Go easy I’m the New-Guy

Btw … this is my first forum ever … I didn’t know this existed.. (Very Cool)

I only started to watch SG1 in the beginning of 2006 (from the beginning). Prior to that I got hooked on the “Turf to Surf” episode with the Wise-Cracking – Under-Stating ‘RDA’ and equally smart-guy ‘Joe Flanigan’ … in the Helicopter. Loved it!

Does anyone have the Gate specifications?

Internal Diameter
    External Diameter
    Ring thickness
    I think the weight is 64,000 Lbs

Thanx Jef

all i know is it's diameter is 22ft and the ring itself is about 2 foot wide.

Comment

Thanks ...

How did you know that ... I have been trying to listen for "Sam" to say it on air.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_%28device%29

The 2 foot part I read in a thread ages ago about scalings.

Comment

Scaling ??

Comment

Is that 22 foot possible? Since an M1A1 Abraham's tank is 3,57m wide, that would mean it'd fit through though

Comment

its not a matter of fitting vehicles through the gate because we already knew it would, but rather how are we going to fit them in the gate room
              Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Hierakonpolis View Post
                its not a matter of fitting vehicles through the gate because we already knew it would, but rather how are we going to fit them in the gate room
                just lower them down from the top of the mountain or beam them into the gateroom.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
                  Is that 22 foot possible? Since an M1A1 Abraham's tank is 3,57m wide, that would mean it'd fit through though
                  You would have to lower it through the retracting doors on the roof and then somehow swing it through the gate. No way in hell that platform/ramp in the gateroom will hold a 70 ton tank!

BTW, welcome to the forum Jef.

Comment

I must admit I've been intrigued about what the actual height or diameter of the gate is. I don't think this was ever mentioned on the show, only the weight.

On looking for other threads on this topic I've only found two so far going back to 2005. Most of the postings on those seem to agree that the diameter is 22ft with the width of the ring being about 2ft. This has been calculated by 'scaling' Jack O'Neill's 6'2" height against him standing in front of a gate.

I have seen the Atlantis gate on the set for myself and from my observation I put it close to the generally agreed guesstimate.

I hope someone will go and measure one for us and we can be happy that we finally know what it officially is!

Welcome to the Forum Jef

Comment

Thanks to Everyone for the Welcomes ...

and I love the fact people have an interest in the details as I do !

Krisz ...How did you see the gate ? or do you have one in your backyard ?...<wink> and where can I get one ??
                      Jef

Comment

SP90 ... A tank ... did that happen on the show ?
                        Jef

Comment

Never seen a tank off world, but I don't see how useful it will be in the face of death gliders and Al'kesh bombers.

Comment

the 22ft has also been mentioned in a few interviews. because the actual prop is 22ft. I don't remember were I read it but yeah 22ft is right.

-James-

Comment

SP90 ... Funny Guy .... and you are right !

XJamesX ... 22 it is ... that's the inside Diameter ...? Yes ?

Comment

Working...
                              X