This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hierakonpolis View Post
    I wonder how exactly the ancients seeded a planet on their travels of the univierse.

If they put ancients on planets or they put their dna in the primordeal ooze or what
    using there tech they may have just accelerated the evolution of creatures which they knew that had potential any ways the only reason the ancientrs would to that in my opinion is when they are advanced enough they would be able to help the ancients in a war oooo say with the wraith the perfect wepon would be someone else
    sigpic
    Sig For Me!

Comment

so the ancients the asgard and the goa'uld were all on earth at the same time? i would have thought the asgard as powerful as they are would have influenced alot more than just norse mythology and why didnt they just kick the goa'uld off the earth before they rose to power? the time line is a little hazy to me, merlin only left one thousand years ago which is well within the time that the goa'uld were on earth and the asgard as well must have been on earth during that time so they could have easily stopped the goa'uld as they wouldnt have been as advanced as they are now.
      and is it implied that the ancients started christianity? since they transported all those medieval societies they must have thought they were worth saving. instead of transporting buddhists or the mayans, but why did they transport a society that would remain in the dark ages, literally?
      To the Mandatorium!!!!!

Comment

a thousand years ago the giza gate was still under the cover stones .
        the only gould left on earth would have been (as far as we know.)seth and hathor .
        the ancients left earth "a few million years ago" then returned to earth ten thousand years ago .
        we dont know when the asguard were on earth .
        dont know when the gould came to earth but in the movie i think it was five thousand bc then they were gone when sg1 started the riots in mobius

there's no reason any of them should have met .

there is no reason to think the ancient started or even influenced christianity the ancients were already all accended by the time christianity started and with the rule of no interference it just wouldn't have happened .
        as far as we know the only religion ever influenced by the ancients is budism and that was the teachings of an accended ancient/oma.

Comment

but merlin was on earth about one thousand years ago, he must have had some influence on the culture of the time, didnt they say something like he set up a load of medieval civilisations all over the galaxy for reasons that escape me.

but yeah your right i got a bit confuzzled with the timeline, its just that in that ep with the unas and the witch hunt bloke they said they must have gone through the antarctic gate, but it was medieval and that was thousands of years after the goa'uld left.

actually if the egypt gate was buried and the antarctic gate was on ice how did any medieval civilisations get out into the galaxy?

also, the ancients left millions of years ago, so is it just a coincidence humans look like them or what?
          To the Mandatorium!!!!!

Comment

Maybe even the Romans, because Ancient sounds very familiar to Latin. Plus the Romans also spoke of the "builders of roads."
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rosstaylor View Post
              the ancients are said to have seeded ancient cultures on earth when they returned such as the aztecs, the ancients appear to be a pacifistic race why would they ifluence cultures like that of the greeks, romans and aztecs. Are not as nice as eveyone believes.
              With great power comes great responsibility...

Also note how they didn't influence them to end slavery??? Was slavery neccessary for those society? OMG I'm gonna get sued now...

Anyway... whos to say they didn't fuel the fire. remember these are people just getting out of a war with the wraith, beaten to a pulp they were! They're gonna kick some one elses arse for a while.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Limb View Post
                but yeah your right i got a bit confuzzled with the timeline, its just that in that ep with the unas and the witch hunt bloke they said they must have gone through the antarctic gate, but it was medieval and that was thousands of years after the goa'uld left.

actually if the egypt gate was buried and the antarctic gate was on ice how did any medieval civilisations get out into the galaxy?
                The goa'uld have ships.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fellip_nectar View Post
                  The goa'uld have ships.
                  oh yeah, flying pyramids, doy.
                  well ok but the Goa'uld left earth when there was the rebellion in Egypt, if they continued to take people off of earth for thousands of years after that event why did they leave earth at all?
                  To the Mandatorium!!!!!

Comment

well ok but the Goa'uld left earth when there was the rebellion in Egypt, if they continued to take people off of earth for thousands of years after that event why did they leave earth at all?
                    the reason they didn't stay was probably because there is no naquada on earth

Comment

Working...
                    X