This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
    but the ancients haven't displayed any beaming tech, Merlin did but he was an unascended ancient with ascended knowledge.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt Merlin an ancient? Yes? Then the Ancients did have beaming technology.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
      Correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt Merlin an ancient? Yes? Then the Ancients did have beaming technology.
      he was ancient, but he was also a former ascendant therefore we don't know if the beaming tech was ancient or from his ascended knowledge
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

well my post did actually say he was an ancient working with ascended knowledge, therefore beaming is not a product of ancient invention as we have not seen any other ancient use it.

Comment

Ancients are (at the time being) still on top.

But they did not create beaming technology!
          sigpic
          Spoiler:
          President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
          President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
          Forum Charmer
          Forum Ambassador
          Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
          VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
          VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

I think it comes down to the reasons for the technology being developed. The Asgard could be more advanced in some areas than the Ancients & Visa versa, though the Ancients are millions of years older.

But what can be said for both races is that they are not the greatest of tacticians. To our knowledge neither race has ever faced any threat until they encountered the Replicators or the Wraith.

And as history have proven, most technological advancements have come about from wars.
            sigpic
            "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
            Signature made by RJB

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
              well my post did actually say he was an ancient working with ascended knowledge, therefore beaming is not a product of ancient invention as we have not seen any other ancient use it.
              What about the 'Elevator' rooms in Atlantis then? I'd like to see you try to fit a set of rings in there.

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
              Ancients are (at the time being) still on top.

But they did not create beaming technology!
              I never said they invented them I just said they had them.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

What about the 'Elevator' rooms in Atlantis then? I'd like to see you try to fit a set of rings in there.

I never said they invented them I just said they had them.
                that isn't beaming though, beaming you don't need to be in a certain place to be transported, you need the cupboards in order to go somewhere else and those places are limited, with beaming you can be taken anywhere. The cupboards are just rings though in the shape of a cupboard.

Comment

My theory is that of the four great races the Asgard may be the least advanced, the other three seem to have in various ways grown beyond their reliance on technology to become what Mckay would call brilliantly post technological while the little grey dudes are dependant on it for their survival also they seem to have backed themselves into a corner as far as their cloning goes.
                  may contain traces of nut

Comment

Working...
                  X