Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we managed to get co-ordinates in the seig part 3 when we faked a self distruct and the daedalus beamed a nuke above the city shields. i know its not in space but its still know were
    This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
    Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
    we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StevenCaldwell View Post
      lol thats true! always brings a smile to my face when i see a hive ship go up in smoke!
      I love it when we destroy a hive ship, just widh we had a massive battle and blow up about 5 of them in 1 episode that would be cool to watch.
      sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

in the First Strike
        Spoiler:
        we may see the daedalus and apollo working together and blowing up a few hive ships

sigpic

Comment

in the First Strike
          Spoiler:
          we may see the daedalus and apollo working together and blowing up a few hive ships
          Spoiler:
          I doubt that due to the fact this epsiode is based on the Asurans.

Comment

Spoiler:
            yeah the first strike is on the asurans home world! well we will see the apollo kicking some asuran butt!

sigpic

Comment

we managed to get co-ordinates in the seig part 3 when we faked a self distruct and the daedalus beamed a nuke above the city shields. i know its not in space but its still know were
              Thats true, maybe they can beam a nuke in space outside of a hive then but as some one said, Im sure their jamming codes work in the area outside the hive otherwise it would be pointless having them or maybe the hull is strong enough to take the blast of a nuke but inside the hive it isnt.

Look at what the guy says on Armageddon, imagine a fire cracker on the palm of your hand, it would burn and probably peel some skin off, now imagine closing your fist around it, it would blow your hand off. Thats probably what its like on a hive. If the nuke is outside, it will do damage yeah but the hive will be able to heal from that blast but put it inside and you get all the rooms etc. blowing up and then creating more explosions because it is being detonated in an enclosed area

Comment

Hive ships can block beams remember
                sigpic
                Spoiler:
                President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                Forum Charmer
                Forum Ambassador
                Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
                  Hive ships can block beams remember
                  I know thats what I was saying. I was just saying what would happen (or could) if they manage to beam a nuke outside the hive

Comment

is there anyway we can fly a puddle jumper in stelth mode with Hermey on bord and find away to beam again ( stop there jamming ) and when we do have the
                    Spoiler:
                    daedalus or Apollo
                    come out of hyper space and beam a nuke on bord?

sigpic

Comment

is there anyway we can fly a puddle jumper in stelth mode with Hermey on bord and find away to beam again ( stop there jamming ) and when we do have the
                      Spoiler:
                      daedalus or Apollo
                      come out of hyper space and beam a nuke on bord?
                      Maybe but again, it would only work once as they would change the jamming code or if we got passed the jamming code, they would just change whatever we used to beam it in.

Comment

Originally posted by IWKYZerocool View Post
                        I love it when we destroy a hive ship, just widh we had a massive battle and blow up about 5 of them in 1 episode that would be cool to watch.
                        Ain't gonna happen! unless we get past their jamming codes theres no way we could take that many down...

in the First Strike
                        Spoiler:
                        lol...the Deadalus is barely a match for one hiveship and thats only if it nuke spams them, the
                        Spoiler:
                        Apollo as far as we know only has a Mark IX nuke deployer which would still be intercepted making it as useless as any other Deadalus class

There's no way we can take on Hive ships when numbers are on their side
                        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                          Ain't gonna happen! unless we get past their jamming codes theres no way we could take that many down...

lol...the Deadalus is barely a match for one hiveship and thats only if it nuke spams them, the
                          Spoiler:
                          Apollo as far as we know only has a Mark IX nuke deployer which would still be intercepted making it as useless as any other Deadalus class

There's no way we can take on Hive ships when numbers are on their side
                          It all depends .....
                          Spoiler:
                          at the end of the season, like what happens to the Asurans fleet, you never know we might get those ships.

Comment

Originally posted by IWKYZerocool View Post
                            It all depends .....
                            Spoiler:
                            at the end of the season, like what happens to the Asurans fleet, you never know we might get those ships.
                            mate not being rude but is that a joke!?! the PTB would never give us that
                            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I don't think they necessarily used "stargate coordinates" to beam a nuke above the city. As mentioned in many past posts, stargate coordinates have to have a huge area, and it would be impossible to pinpoint such an exact spot.

In reality, stars do have co-ordinates in astronomy. They have right ascension angles and declination angles. Factor in distance and you have the 3 co-ordinates used in spherical geometry. I think this is how the ships get co-ordinates for beaming objects: They figure out the "sideways" angle from the ship and the point where they want to beam to, then the declination (up and down angle) from the ship to the point, and finally, the distance from the ship to the point. Using only these 3 co-ordinates, you can pinpoint a point ANYWHERE in space, relative to the ship. You would only be limited by your ability to calculate these angles and distances. But almost all beaming is done in relatively close range, ie. from orbit to a planet, or from ship-to-ship when they appear to be pretty close.
                              sine sine cosine sine,
                              three point one four one five nine!
                              Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
                              [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
                              This is the reality. Accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                                mate not being rude but is that a joke!?! the PTB would never give us that
                                Yes it was a joke, I don't thing TPTB will ever give us a full Ancient fleet.

Comment

Working...
                                X