Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scaling the Daedalus and the F-302 (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by happyclappy View Post
    its not the rest of the world fault that they americans are too lazy to change to the metric system..... among other things!
    So Greened you for this.
    Anyway

Nice scales
    Hola

Hello

Comment

Yeah, well it's a huge pain in the butt to have to get a calculator every time I want a conversion, esp. with all the different sizes, hight, width, boom, neck etc..

AGT58

Comment

is this like bash america day? i understand many, if not most countries don't like us, but really guys this is crazy...
        Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
        Check out my Flickr

Comment

wait if the daedlus crusier is 700m long that means its bigger than an air craft carrier and and aircraft carrier is 400m long and it takes 5000 men and women and if its 700m it would need 9000 airmen and salors to man it but it only has 200-300 crew

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            Anguilla
            Antigua & Barbuda
            Australia
            Bahamas
            Bangladesh
            Barbados
            Bermuda
            Bhutan
            Bophuthatswana
            Botswana
            British Virgin Islands
            Brunei
            Cayman Islands
            Channel Islands
            Ciskei
            Cyprus
            Dominica
            Falkland Islands
            Fiji
            Grenada
            Guyana
            Hong Kong
            India
            Indonesia
            Ireland
            Jamaica
            Japan
            Kenya
            Lesotho
            Macau
            Malawi
            Malaysia
            Malta
            Mauritius
            Montserrat
            Mozambique
            Namibia
            Nepal
            New Zealand
            Pakistan
            Papua New Guinea
            St. Vincent & Grenadines
            Seychelles
            Sikkim
            Singapore
            Solomon Islands
            Somalia
            South Africa
            Sri Lanka
            St Kitts & Nevis
            St. Helena
            St. Lucia
            Surinam
            Swaziland
            Tanzania
            Thailand
            Tonga
            Trinidad & Tobago
            Uganda
            United Kingdom
            US Virgin Islands
            Venda
            Zambia
            Zimbabwe

LOL.

My mistake. Apparently Britain and a few other countries half the Earths population has never heard of.

I have to ask though, why the "LOL"?
            Is it really even an argument to dispute the power of the United States?
            I don't think so. But thats an argument for another thread.
            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
              Exactly, it's not our fault the Americans are so lazy. They even drive on the wrong side of the road fer' cryin' out loud
              we are not lazy i take that very offenceively we use a better systems kmh is too damn slow and we prefer icnes and feet its easy to use for us and we drive on the difer side of the road beacuse the desien of our cars and no said anything about it here and watch who you call lazy i bust my ass off in the USAF Aux

Comment

Originally posted by AGT58 View Post
                Yeah, well it's a huge pain in the butt to have to get a calculator every time I want a conversion, esp. with all the different sizes, hight, width, boom, neck etc..

AGT58

Of course, those of us who use meters would have to do the same thing if it were in feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Davesg-43 View Post
                  kmh is too damn slow

well, 60mph = 100kmh which is the same speed but smaller numbers...
                  anyway

merry xmas to all

Comment

Hmm. Wading into this debate may not be the brightest thing, but...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unless I am horribly mistaken, the United States is officially a metric nation. Just nobody uses it. I think it is only really used in hospitals, government stuff, and by the military. I believe the switchover occurred in 93.

I agree that the debate whether the US is the most powerful nation is a debate left for another thread. 20 years ago, there would be no question, but now....

And actually on topic, everything is scaled to the X-302, not the F-302. They're basically the same, but to me it looks like the F-302 is slightly more compact than the X-302. That might put your numbers out of whack.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by cowpants View Post
                      Hmm. Wading into this debate may not be the brightest thing, but...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unless I am horribly mistaken, the United States is officially a metric nation. Just nobody uses it. I think it is only really used in hospitals, government stuff, and by the military. I believe the switchover occurred in 93.

I agree that the debate whether the US is the most powerful nation is a debate left for another thread. 20 years ago, there would be no question, but now....

And actually on topic, everything is scaled to the X-302, not the F-302. They're basically the same, but to me it looks like the F-302 is slightly more compact than the X-302. That might put your numbers out of whack.

Just my 2 cents.
                      with military power the US is most powerful but
                      the F402 dose'nt look smaller than an x302

Comment

Originally posted by Einheitskanzler View Post
                        I'm just building a model of the Daedalus and I was appalled that there aren't ANY useful information about the ship's size.

Just as well we can scale down the 750 m for a few percent. Due to the fact that there are ALWAYS inaccuracies in measuring it's safe to say that the Daedalus must be ~ 700 m in length.
                        When I had to measure the wraith hiveship, I worked from shots featuring the Deadalus. So I used the dimensions here .

Lenght 1475 feet
                        Beam overall 775 feet
                        Height exc antenna 190 feet
                        Central hull width 160 feet
                        Hull width over nose extensions 290 feet
                        Flatdeck lenght overall 720 feet
                        Flatdeck width overall including angled sides 485 feet
                        Hanger side pods overall lenght 415 feet
                        Hanger side pods overall width 145 feet
                        Hanger internal lenght 240 feet
                        Hanger internal width 140 feet
                        Hanger internal height 30 feet
                        Hanger door width 95 feet
                        Ion engines lenght 560 feet (from nozzile to powercore)

They're reliable, since with those, I almost perfectly ended on the exact "official" hiveship dimensions.

Besides, when I did the measurements you posted in the first post, I didn't realize that the stargate was badly scaled. Is it too big or too small in comparison to the fighter? I don't know.
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                          My mistake. Apparently Britain and a few other countries half the Earths population has never heard of.

I have to ask though, why the "LOL"?
                          Is it really even an argument to dispute the power of the United States?
                          I don't think so. But thats an argument for another thread.
                          I was laughing more at the 'so watch it with the American disses' part, as if you're gonna come and 'liberate' us or something
                          Last edited by jenks; 25 December 2006, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Well, we've liberated more than one country, but if your lucky you won't need it anytime soon.
                            Apparently Europe has forgotten what the US did for them in the World Wars.
                            Sorry to get off topic.
                            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                              Well, we've liberated more than one country, but if your lucky you won't need it anytime soon.
                              Apparently Europe has forgotten what the US did for them in the World Wars.
                              Sorry to get off topic.
                              Obviously you didn't get the joke, or many history lessons for that matter. The 'US' is just the name of a country, other than the veterans, you lot over there haven't done anything for Europe.

On topic, the scaling seems to be so off on Stargate that trying to determine measurements from screencaps is probably a waste of time...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                                Besides, when I did the measurements you posted in the first post, I didn't realize that the stargate was badly scaled. Is it too big or too small in comparison to the fighter? I don't know.

The gate is to large scaled. Based on a 22 feet (6,7 m) Stargate 1 px would be 1 cm (for the non-metric guys: that's 0,01 m). So the CG-pilot's helmet would be only 15-20 cm in diameter; and that's definitely to small. Not even a child has such a small head.
                                Secondly the scene contradicts the live-action shot from 6x01 (2nd pic of post #1).
                                But if we scale up the F-302 in the "gate-shot" by rougly 50 % the helmet would be large enough for an adult pilot AND the fighter would correspond to the 6x01 live-action scene.

Comment

Working...
                                X