This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptops used by SGC personnel

Everyone remembers the Alien crystal thingy majigs that are used in all the space ships and so on,well why are they not used in normal computers, as the laptops used by the SGC are Dell XPS laptops, I understand product placement, but that really annoys me.
    "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
    Woman:What
    Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

It's possible that we haven't been able to find a way to integrate them into our own technology yet with a degree of success.

Also, seeing as data might want to be exchanged between one computer and another for group work, etc... it might not be practical to have some lap tops with crystals and some without.

It is an interesting idea though, and I commend you for it.

But, and I'm sorry to point this out, I do believe this thread belongs in the Science and Technology area of the Forum. It can be located here mate: Gateworld Forum - Science and Tech

- Marcus

Comment

Funnily enough I was thinkin about this the other day. The crystals that are used in Gou'ald tech are actually not far from being reached in reality. Think about how the crystals act, save data and perform operations and provide power right? Well what about out fiber optic tech, faster than any cable we have and provides data being sent across vast distances. They can also be made to act as a 2 way communication as well, 1 sending and 1 recieving

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus117 View Post
        It's possible that we haven't been able to find a way to integrate them into our own technology yet with a degree of success.

Also, seeing as data might want to be exchanged between one computer and another for group work, etc... it might not be practical to have some lap tops with crystals and some without.

It is an interesting idea though, and I commend you for it.

But, and I'm sorry to point this out, I do believe this thread belongs in the Science and Technology area of the Forum. It can be located here mate: Gateworld Forum - Science and Tech

- Marcus
        You could be right about the whole belonging on the science and tech area thing, but tbh, doesn't everything to do with Stargate technically fit into 'General Stargate Discussion'? Keep smiling.
        "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
        Woman:What
        Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Salas1 View Post
          You could be right about the whole belonging on the science and tech area thing, but tbh, doesn't everything to do with Stargate technically fit into 'General Stargate Discussion'? Keep smiling.
          This is true... but I do believe that the General discussion area is used to discuss more broad topics - for example the new series that has just been announced, or the community. Topics and areas that do NOT have their own area on the Forum. Science and Technology does, and this is a theoretical debate on something relating to Science and Technology.

I have to say that this doesn't belong here mate. Anyway, I'm pulling your post off topic, and for that I am sorry...

- Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Salas1 View Post
            Everyone remembers the Alien crystal thingy majigs that are used in all the space ships and so on,well why are they not used in normal computers, as the laptops used by the SGC are Dell XPS laptops, I understand product placement, but that really annoys me.
            You never know these laptops could be powered by the alien crystals. How else would they be able to get a normal laptop to work with ancient technology or indeed Wraith technology like in SGA's episode, Phantoms.

Comment

After watching some episodes of Atlantis, like "Aurora" and "Sancutary," I noticed that the Lanteans had computers that looked like Laptops. Heck, even Rodney used one in 'Sancutary.' They should use those to model off of and update our laptops used today. Since the Ancients were the ones to create crystal technology and the Goa'uld stole it, the best option would be to use the tech from Atlantis.

: Green is Good.
              sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SGC General Griff View Post
                You never know these laptops could be powered by the alien crystals. How else would they be able to get a normal laptop to work with ancient technology or indeed Wraith technology like in SGA's episode, Phantoms.
                Well its called USB (Universal Serial Bus)

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior View Post
                  Well its called USB (Universal Serial Bus)
                  I've noticed that since we can interface easily with all the ancient tech, maybe it's ASB (ancient serial bus). Patented by Rodney McKay, of course.
                  Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                  Check out my Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
                    I've noticed that since we can interface easily with all the ancient tech, maybe it's ASB (ancient serial bus). Patented by Rodney McKay, of course.
                    No, it's an adapter that connects to a USB port, that the advanced OS designed by Mckay reads.
                    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                      No, it's an adapter that connects to a USB port, that the advanced OS designed by Mckay reads.
                      He'll probably sell the design to Microsoft! Windows Mckay, the best OS yet!

P.S. Do not place near lemons
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rodneys Gun Tutor View Post
                        He'll probably sell the design to Microsoft! Windows Mckay, the best OS yet!

P.S. Do not place near lemons
                        or put in enclosed places

Comment

or put in enclosed places
                          "Windows McKay instruction manual:

Problem #46 - Computer has crashed and denys the possibility of any solutions being reached to solve the problem.

Solution - Put computer in mortal danger."

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                            "Windows McKay instruction manual:

Problem #46 - Computer has crashed and denys the possibility of any solutions being reached to solve the problem.

Solution - Put computer in mortal danger."
                            hehehe good one

Technical Support: If you have reached technical support and they can be of no assistance, please call Zalenka on ........ as it was his fault

Comment

hehehe good one

Technical Support: If you have reached technical support and they can be of no assistance, please call Zalenka on ........ as it was his fault

There is no technical support. It is YOU who is in way over their head as the McKay OS is perfect! You should stick to something simpler...Linux will be more suited to the likes of you
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X