This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wonders of SG Tech Universe

I have to say, after watching so many Stargate SG1 / Atlantis episodes, I can now appreciate the direction of both shows. SG1 always introduced crazy technology used my Goa'ulds and tech that we used to defeat them (and the replicators).

Atlantis has definitely solved many of my curiosities:

Spoiler:

1) Where did the replicators come from? Replicator disrupter weapon's origins
    - Origin of nanite technology from Ashurans
    - Disrupter tech explored in Atlantis

2) Anubis Kelek DNA manipulation device
    - Tao of McKay (watch it, then you'll understand)

etc...

What can you appreicate about SG tech?

I'd also like to see more about the wonders where created tech that Anubis used:
    ie: Drone armour, shielding, etc.
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
    I have to say, after watching so many Stargate SG1 / Atlantis episodes, I can now appreciate the direction of both shows. SG1 always introduced crazy technology used my Goa'ulds and tech that we used to defeat them (and the replicators).

Atlantis has definitely solved many of my curiosities:

Spoiler:

1) Where did the replicators come from? Replicator disrupter weapon's origins
    - Origin of nanite technology from Ashurans
    - Disrupter tech explored in Atlantis

etc...

I'd also like to see more about the wonders where created tech that Anubis used:
    ie: Drone armour, shielding, etc.

Everything you've said and what everyone else is going to say.

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
      Spoiler:

etc...

How did you manage to watch Tao of Mckay when that's not aired for another week and a half? And isn't it called Tao of Rodney?
      (Sorry for the seemingly negative tone of this post, I just REALLY want to see it too!)
      www.AlexReekie.com

Comment

Scrap that.. I think I was just mislead by the incorrect order of Gateworld's season 3 episode guide!
        www.AlexReekie.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lex Reekie View Post
          Scrap that.. I think I was just mislead by the incorrect order of Gateworld's season 3 episode guide!
          No, Tao of Rodney(or McKay ) was supposed to be ep15 but they made it 14 because the supposed ep 14 had things in that people wouldnt understand til later in the season

Comment

No, Tao has always been the 14th to air in the season, Sunday just got the production number of 314 since they filmed it earlier to accommadate(sp?) set building for another episode down the line.

Comment

Im afraid not all offical sorces are still refering to the episode 15, i still want to see 14 though

Comment

If by Wonders you mean single pieces of technology thatare present in the galaxy that are very... wondrous then well there are:
                • Dakara weapon
                  Ori Supergate
                  Ancient Cityship that is Atlantis
                  Atlantis facility that held the Acturus Experiment
                  Merlins weapon
                  Asuran Super City
                  DNA manipulator

There are probably more but...thats off the top of my head.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                  If by Wonders you mean single pieces of technology thatare present in the galaxy that are very... wondrous then well there are:
                  • Dakara weapon
                    Ori Supergate
                    Ancient Cityship that is Atlantis
                    Atlantis facility that held the Acturus Experiment
                    Merlins weapon
                    Asuran Super City
                    DNA manipulator

There are probably more but...thats off the top of my head.
                  And all but the supergate are related to Ancient tech (which I suppose the supergate is because the Ori are really the same as the Ancients) and the Asuran supercity was built by the Asurans which the Ancients made

Pretty obvious observation but hey

Comment

302's, puddle jumpers, zat's <which have remarkably smart electricity>, and the gate itself

Comment

Working...
                    X