This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pimped out Space Shuttles?

Assuming theyre still around in some capacity how about a pimped out space shuttle or ISS?

Just speculating on the fate of these things in stargate-verse. Clearly they are no longer needed, or really all that useful of devices for transportation. Realistically they would probably just use a 302 or a BC ship to do anything in space that is necessary.

I expect they are still around for purposes of cover stories. In season 8:03 we see that theres still a russian space station up there.

Given the plentyful amounts of naquada generators and other technology its reasonable to assume whatever shuttles that remain could be pimped out with advanced technology. How often have they jammed a generator into some incompatible alien ship or device and its worked.

It might be amusing to see the shuttle atlantis taking some weapons fire only to have it wash off against an asgard shield. Or have its back open and a pile of drones come shooting out.

I wish we could see our solar system used in stargate? Hell the ancients left crap all over earth. Wouldnt it stand to reason that the moon and Mars and other neighbors might have a wealth of crap on them as well? Are there any good stories that could be told searching for a ancient gizmo in a hidden ancient repository on mars. Ala all of the other hidden ancient outposts? Frankly i liked Enterprise more its last season when they used the moon and mars than other stars. Its like seeing your hometown on the news :-D

Well the project is still top secret. They can't exactly mothball the ISS for a new and shiney intergalactic spaceship. Although having shuttles that are more like Jumpers, F-302s or even Cargo ships would be good, they need to keep up appearances from the civilian population and even other nations, plus division within their own government.

I think NASA going to space like it's nothing would be giving things away. They could do solar system and deep space exploration, but it's not like they can use that information or make it public, unlike the ISS or Hubble telescope.

sigpic

Comment

Shouldn't Hubble have captured the Prometheus and other starships on orbit multiple times?
      Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

NASA is aware of that I think seeing as NORAD is above SGC and they would communicate often.

Maybe they already pimped the shuttles with a nice anti grav generator and installed a holo projector for all the smoke

Would be nice to see the ISS activate a shield and Ancient weapon platform beams hehe

Comment

In 2x01 - The serpents lair, Carter,Tealc, Bratac and Oneill come back to earth in a shuttle. NASA knows.

Although how they got them off the Death gliders and onto earth ships no-one will ever know.

Comment

I think we should fit inertial dampeners and a naqudah generator into our shuttes. They'll never know.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
              Shouldn't Hubble have captured the Prometheus and other starships on orbit multiple times?
              Yeah, but NASA is aware of the SGC and such. It's still part of the US Government.
              Save SG-1! Sign the Petition!
              http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

off topichere:-

wasn't nasa meant to build thenew space shuttle the X-33 and VentureStar (VentrueStar is a bigger version of the X-33) but i heard tht they had fuel tank problems. The weird thing is today even documentaries still show them. can some help? D

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
                  I think we should fit inertial dampeners and a naqudah generator into our shuttes. They'll never know.
                  In addition to this we could fit Trans-C Twin drives (the small engines from the BC-304) on to a shuttle, say that we just invented them and we wouldnt have to worry about fuel as the naqudah generator would power such a small craft plenty enough...and perhaps we could consider life support on them? again, they'll never know.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Never know? BS!

I think the astronauts might notice if they feel no effects of gravity and the shuttle can easily accelerate to extremely high sub light speeds, all without the use of fuel. They aren't retarded you know
                    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

IMO we just have to figure out how those inertial dampening, impluse propulsion tech work and then can we say that we invented them. As for the naquada, we can just say it's from the Moon (as does Helium-3, which is not available on Earth).
                      "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                        Never know? BS!

I think the astronauts might notice if they feel no effects of gravity and the shuttle can easily accelerate to extremely high sub light speeds, all without the use of fuel. They aren't retarded you know
                        Pretty sure he meant the public wouldn't know, of course the astronauts would know, they already know.
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

They already release tech slowly into the public, they have referenced to bussiness's working on alien tech many times during the show, both in regards to the trust and other stuff (like that guy that wanted to reveal the Asgaard clone).
                          Last edited by NATIK; 01 December 2006, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Pimp up the shuttles on SG and they got cheap affordable spaceflight. (Antigravity wave generators, inertial dampeners, artificial gravity, sublight engines, Alkesh reactor, and a hyperdrive meant for an Alkesh) that kind of tech would also help. Replacing the hulls with trinium would also help.
                            Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Working...
                            X