This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
    I agree with you on that one because the earth in Stargate has managed feats that they would never of managed in the time its taken them, if they had no help.

However, if Earth didn't have the asistance they've had in Stargate, then like I said it would take millions of years for them to be equal to the Ancients, otherwise people would ask how it took earth only a few thousand years to reach that point, while it took the more intelligent Ancients millions.
    So now you're basically talking about the real world, where as far as we know there were no "Ancients", and therefore we cannot know how long it would take us to reach any technological level because we have no real life allegories to a hyper advanced race. Not to mention you can't apply the development of one cultures technology as a rule to measure the development of anothers, cultures advance at their own pace without any developmental "laws" guiding their evolution.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

actually they were in stasis unless ancients age extremely slowly. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=36451
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
        So now you're basically talking about the real world, where as far as we know there were no "Ancients", and therefore we cannot know how long it would take us to reach any technological level because we have no real life allegories to a hyper advanced race. Not to mention you can't apply the development of one cultures technology as a rule to measure the development of anothers, cultures advance at their own pace without any developmental "laws" guiding their evolution.
        No I'm still talking about the earth in Stargate (Sorry for not making it clear, another one of my accidents). I was just getting at that the ancients were more intelligent then the people of earth in Stargate, so it would be unilkely that the earth in stargate would manage to advance quicker then the ancients if they had no help from the asgard and using ancient technology, cause usually the smarter a race, the quicker they advance.

as you said you can't really plan the development of any race by another. but as an opinion (not saying it may be right) Its very hard for me to see how it took the ancients millions of years on their own to advance to the level they are now and would take the earth on stargate (if they advanced on their own without any help off the asgard or using the technology of the ancients) only thousands.

With the help of the Asgard and the technology of the Ancients, then yeah I would agree that the earth in Stargate becoming as advanced as the ancients in 5,000 years could be possible.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:
        President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
        President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
        Forum Charmer
        Forum Ambassador
        Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
          actually they were in stasis unless ancients age extremely slowly. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=36451
          that would explain why the captain of the tria had bed head.
          Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Working...
          X