Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancient Warship VS Ori Warship! Who would win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da Vikster the Ori
    What the hell????

The ancients DROVE the ori away from the milky way, not ran away!!!

The ori left a plague behind, but they were chased out by the ancients, or they would have moved into the milky way ages ago, and annihalated the Goa'Uld!!!
    What on Earth are you on about?

The Ancients and Ori originally coexisted. Then the Ancients split away from the Ori and ran away to the MW galaxy. After ascending they shielded the Ori from discovering the existence of humans in our galaxy in fear that we would also be doomed to the ways of the Ori.

There was never anything in the show that suggested the Ori "were chased out".
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
      Just to say, drones didn't pass through Atlantis's shields
      Spoiler:
      I'm speaking of Return Part 1, because the shields weren't up, when the Asuran's first struck the city, with their weapons.
      Ori technology is Ancient technology, so they would probably be even in a fight.
      I agree.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel
        A Hive will get wiped out by an Ori ship. The armor is the Hives downfall. I say the Ancients and the Ori are pretty even in ships. The Ori ship might block drones, but it wont take a few dozen, and it wont take a few shots from the ori ship to take out the Ancient warship. Dont over exaggerate on the stength of both. If the Ori mothership can block drones, then itll probable take 1000 or so. And itll probably take a lot of shots from the Ori ship as well to destroy an Ancient Warship. The fact is, we dont know. Theyre both powerful ships. Both have strong shields. The fact is, they most likely are the same strength, taking from the fact that they are both basically the same technology. And, one, don't bring the Wraith in as a powerful enemy. the Asgard could defeat the Wraith except for the fact that they have a lot of numbers. The Wraith arent as strong as the Ancients or Ori. its just they have a lot of numbers. And, two, the age of a ship doesnt matter cuz they dont rust or wear down. Its not Earth materials for those who want to think that Alien materials rust and degrade like earth materials. The puddle jumpers and Ancient Warships would be in the same condition for 1000 years. Now, if damaged, like the cityship on the Tower, then itll degrade and wear down. But, theyre probably even, and I have a good bet that the Ori can resist the drones passing thru their shields, cuz theyre basically ancients, and it was Ori knowledge that was used to build the ships.

EDIT: Now I see what you're saying. And there I was about the be uncharacteristic and discredit what you said. ANyway, I agree with what you say. It does matter on how many are needed, and how stonrg they are.

Ancient warship: depends on how many drones it takes to weaken an Ori mothership
        Ori Mothership: depends on how many shots are needed to weaken an Ancient warship

i never said an ori ship couldn't take a hive i said if drones go threw shields it wouldn't take as many to destroy the ori ship as it did to destroy the hive due to size and the fact that hives are covered in dozens of meters of armor in places....hive armor is not it's downfall its shown to be resistant to nearly everything that been thrown at it (though obviously not in he same league as ori shields) against opponents who predominately use weapons which pierce shields armor is generally a good option...

the wraith would smash the asgard to pieces very easily and i wasn't bringing in the wraith to show how powerful they were i was using the hives as a comparassion for drones against ori ships...

this battle all comes down to one question can drones pierce ori shields and i see no reason to think that they wouldn't...

If Ori shields are powered by an unlimited power source, then it is definitely more powerful than Ancient shields.
        sorry the ori ships aren't powered by an unlimited powersource their powersource looked nothing like project acturas and remember that device was impossible on our plane of exsistance which is what ori ships are confined to...

We're comparing the pre-ascended Ancient technology, to technology built using ascended knowledge (the infinite knowledge of the universe). Therefore, Ori technology is in every way superior to pre-ascended Ancient technology.
        being ascended doesn't give you the knowledge of the universe! it gives greater understanding the asended beings are not all knowing they simply understand how it works better (obviously there's more to i than that)...though i agree ori tech is superior in most ways to ancient tech...

but just because the ori are more advanced doesn't mean they can block drones...
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
          being ascended doesn't give you the knowledge of the universe! it gives greater understanding the asended beings are not all knowing they simply understand how it works better (obviously there's more to i than that)...though i agree ori tech is superior in most ways to ancient tech...

but just because the ori are more advanced doesn't mean they can block drones...
          I have proven that Ascended beings have access to infinite knowledge before, so I am not going to bother starting this debate again. Here's a few quotes which support this point:

ADRIA: "The Ori wove their knowledge into my genetic makeup…at least…as much as my human brain could hold…all their knowledge is far too much for us to possibly comprehend…the understanding of an infinite universe is obviously without boundaries."

JIM (Anubis): "You gave up eternal enlightenment -- all the knowledge and power of the universe."
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by unknown.entity
            I have proven that Ascended beings have access to infinite knowledge before, so I am not going to bother starting this debate again. Here's a few quotes which support my view:

ADRIA: "The Ori wove their knowledge into my genetic makeup…at least…as much as my human brain could hold…all their knowledge is far too much for us to possibly comprehend…the understanding of an infinite universe is obviously without boundaries."

JIM (Anubis): "You gave up eternal enlightenment -- all the knowledge and power of the universe."
            they don't have infinite knowledge if they did they would be infallable and that is not the case...about your quotes adria is obviously biasst and she says understanding not knowledge...

and anubis well he may have been exagerating (weak arguement i know) the truth is we've seen time and time again ascendants are not all knowing and they don't have infinite knowledge...

how would you define infinite knowledge?
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
              the truth is we've seen time and time again ascendants are not all knowing and they don't have infinite knowledge...
              I said they have "access to" infinite knowledge.

For example: We have access to the internet, but we don't know everything on the internet, we can only search for what we want to know, and then use it to our advantage.

...and [Adria] says understanding not knowledge...
              Ok, i'll make a correction: They have the understanding of the infinite knowledge of the universe.

how would you define infinite knowledge?
              It would be undefinable within our plane of existence.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by unknown.entity
                I said they have "access to" infinite knowledge.

For example: We have access to the internet, but we don't know everything on the internet, we can only search for what we want to know, and then use it to our advantage.

Ok, i'll make a correction, they have the understanding of the infinite knowledge of the universe.

It would be undefinable within our plane of existence.
                alright i see what you mean now, and i agree for the most part...but we do know that they can be blocked (like a firewall) so just because they could have access to this knowledge doesn't mean it's easily accessable or that their followers can even put it into practice...

Comment

You're talking about people here, pretty much pointless in both the Ancient's, and the Ori's grand view of things. There is no knowledge, so far that we've seen in the Milky Way, that the Ori couldn't have learned anywhere else, or before they ascended for that matter.

Comment

You can't really compare them. The Ori cheated. Ancient ships are built by advanced, but very fallible, living beings. They are not built with any supernatural know-how, just the collective knowledge of their species.

The Ori, on the other hand, as i said, cheated. Being ascended beings, they have access to not just all the knowledge they themselves aquired, but all the knowledge anyone else aquired, ever. They know the best of everything in a certain field, and can apply it to their designs. The only factors limiting them are their followers. They have to be able to craft their vast knowledge into technology that can actulaly be built and used by their followers. Considering they cheated again by making the priors to do this for them, they really don't have much of a disadvantage.

So the winner is the Ori, by cheating.

Comment

Orii religous people who arent good at tech

Ancients scientists so proberly had better tech even before they accended

christ even some of the asgard tech is better than orii tech

Ie hyperdrives

Comment

This is a tough question. True the Ancients have alot better technology than the Ori. But I think that when it comes down to it between the beam the Ori use and the drones the Ancient use, I would have to say the drones. The reason is because of the massive numbers of drones they could fire at the Ori at a single time. Possibly, the Priors power the ships so they could possibly continuously recharge the ship if it is damaged. Just a thought.

One other thought, if all the villages in the Ori galaxy are at a Medieval Period of Development, then where did they get the advanced materials to build so many ships?

: Green is Good.
                        sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HAL
                          Orii religous people who arent good at tech

Ancients scientists so proberly had better tech even before they accended

christ even some of the asgard tech is better than orii tech

Ie hyperdrives
                          when was it ever said they weren't good at tech? All that's been said is that they believe in a more religious point of view than the ancients, you can be religious and be super advanced. I've said it before it's basically adam and eve theory vs the big bang, neither one would hinder your technilogical advancedment only your outlook on life.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116
                            This is a tough question. True the Ancients have alot better technology than the Ori. But I think that when it comes down to it between the beam the Ori use and the drones the Ancient use, I would have to say the drones. The reason is because of the massive numbers of drones they could fire at the Ori at a single time. Possibly, the Priors power the ships so they could possibly continuously recharge the ship if it is damaged. Just a thought.

One other thought, if all the villages in the Ori galaxy are at a Medieval Period of Development, then where did they get the advanced materials to build so many ships?
                            They are not at a medieval period, just that there way of life is medieval like. the Ori probably had technology back when the Ancients were still there, so they just told the Priors to tell the people exactly how to build the ships. There's your answer.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

You can tell, that none of those Ori ships are built using ascended knowledge, not a one. And, what little technolgy we've seen, has been superior to all Ancient technology, of the same likeness. It doesn't have anything to do with ascended knowledge, the Ori kicked the Ancient's, which suggest, that they were more advanced than the Ancient's. Do we not remember, that Orlin said the Ancient's were unsure whether they could win in a war against the Ori, the Ori are coming, and the Ancient's are fighting amongst themselves, or looking for a place to hide, or trying to get and Sg-1 to fight their battle, so that they don't have to face the Ori. Aside from "Flesh And Blood," we don't know how fast Ori hyperdrives are, we do know that the Ori have two engines, the Asgard 4 neutrino ion drives, so I'm thinking those ships that the Ori create, the design is pretty old, nothing new. Because, the technoloy in them, looks as old as some of the latest Ancient technology, I'm talking Atlantis. So, I really doubt that the Ori created their ships using ascended knowledge, just the basic Ori variety. You just don't want to believe, that without the ascended knowledge, their technology is equal, or superior than the Ancient's. None, of the knowledge, or things they have done, suggest any use of ascended knowledge, none of it.

Comment

Nope It never said the orii kicked them

It just said That they left

They was proberly outnumbered They always leave when outnumbered

Comment

Working...
                                X