Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I must point out is that the Orion can't be a real guage on their warship shield capabilities. Who knows how much power they were able to get online and to the shields. The couldn't even power both shields and weapons. That tells me that the shields were probably far below full strength. I get if the ship had been fully operational it would have been able to take out 2 hiveships without even breaking a sweat.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Well considering the orbital defence platform could take out a ship without a problem, if the Orion had strong shields and the same type of weapons then I wouldn't be surprised if the ship could take out more than two ships before she broke a sweat. Add a ZPM and even better odds of taking out more ships.

Plus I don't believe the Asgard shields on the Daedalus are as powerful as they could be when compared to other asgard vessels, because we do know that their ships do come with different types of shields and weapons. I wouldn't be surprised if we got shields that were designed to withstand Goa'ud weapons rather than shields that are more effective when it comes to Orii ships.

sigpic

Comment

I believe the Asgard shielding on the Daedalus isn't their most advanced version as the little grays likely wouldn't entrust humanity with the best their scientists have to offer. That and the Daedalus is most likely running on a far inferior power source as compared to Asgard vessels, so having their most advanced shielding would very likely result in a huge power drain. Even the Asgard beaming technology onboard the Daedalus seems inferior as compared to say the ones equipped on an O'Neill or Daniel Jackson-class.

As for the Ancient satellite laser, the craziest thing about it is that the laser could be fully charged by a standard naquadah generator. Now that's what I call efficiency.

Comment

I think the Asgard should help us out with a better power generator. That alone would make the shields much more powerful. Better shielding on our ships would also help out immensly.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Just bring in the Enterprise.

Comment

yep its got nuthin to do with our shields just the power,we need a better power generator or a shelid that can absorb energy blast to power the shields.

or better still the asgard are clever enough to relise that they would be extinct by now if it wasnt for earth they should at least give us 1 beliskner class ship they owe us that much,it would solve all our problem
              1. better travel to the peg and back
              2. help fight the wraith better
              3.energy weapons
              4.we could have hermoid do the the stuff to make sure we dont abuse it
              5.beam tech ray would come in handy from darts and hives
              6.we would be quick in gettin to planets
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one
                yep its got nuthin to do with our shields just the power,we need a better power generator or a shelid that can absorb energy blast to power the shields.

or better still the asgard are clever enough to relise that they would be extinct by now if it wasnt for earth they should at least give us 1 beliskner class ship they owe us that much,it would solve all our problem
                1. better travel to the peg and back
                2. help fight the wraith better
                3.energy weapons
                4.we could have hermoid do the the stuff to make sure we dont abuse it
                5.beam tech ray would come in handy from darts and hives
                6.we would be quick in gettin to planets
                while i agree a beliskner class would help it wouldn't be able to make much difference against the wraith, the ship is out dated and out classed by ha'taks a hive could probably destroy it with superior firepower....

we don't know that the tech on the beliskner would be any better than the deadalus's...
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Actually it was only outclassed by a Hatak that had been modified to god knows what extent by Apophis. It would kick the crap out of a normal Hatak. I bet it would also whoop up on a hiveship. I would love to see a Hatak go toe to toe with a hiveship though. That would be kinda fun to see...

Comment

^

Don't you mean modified by *Anubis*? And yeah, the Ha'taks with Ancient-derived shielding would indeed stand a better chance against Hiveships, although bear in mind that since their Ancient-*derived*, that likely means they're somewhat inferior and so less durable. As the Wraith were eventually able to overwhelm the Ancients, that'd mean a single post-Anubis Ha'tak would still go down if it takes repeated pounding from a Hiveship's energy weapons. Perhaps 5-6 Ha'taks would be a much fairer match-up, considering the size of a Hiveship.

Comment

By looking at the city shield we can see that the ancient shields are by no means inferior. I mean we can't guage the strength of ancient shields on what happened to the Orion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravroz
                        Actually it was only outclassed by a Hatak that had been modified to god knows what extent by Apophis. It would kick the crap out of a normal Hatak. I bet it would also whoop up on a hiveship. I would love to see a Hatak go toe to toe with a hiveship though. That would be kinda fun to see...
                        a hive would own any ha'tak part from anubis's supership, the other system lords were able to fight a fairly successful campaign against anubis with regular ha'taks so they can't be that superior...

a hiveship probably has atleast 4 times the firepower of a ha'tak and thats just going by the rate of fire i'd compare it's fire power to anubis's flagship based on how many hits an inferior prometheus class took from it and anubis's fleet and how quickly a hive drains a deadalus's shields...

anf i agree it would be fun to see a hive smash a ha'tak into thousands of tiny pieces...

Don't you mean modified by *Anubis*? And yeah, the Ha'taks with Ancient-derived shielding would indeed stand a better chance against Hiveships, although bear in mind that since their Ancient-*derived*, that likely means they're somewhat inferior and so less durable. As the Wraith were eventually able to overwhelm the Ancients, that'd mean a single post-Anubis Ha'tak would still go down if it takes repeated pounding from a Hiveship's energy weapons. Perhaps 5-6 Ha'taks would be a much fairer match-up, considering the size of a Hiveship.
                        ancient derivered but still suseptable to the standard weaponary of normal ha'tak which are far out classed by hive ships...

ha'taks against hives would be like watching the ori secondary canons in camalot owning ha'taks left and right...

i'd say 3-5 ha'taks, 3 if the ha'taks took the hive by suprise 5 if the hive took the a'taks by supprise...

By looking at the city shield we can see that the ancient shields are by no means inferior. I mean we can't guage the strength of ancient shields on what happened to the Orion.
                        we never said ancient shields were inferior? Lord of Nightmares said ancient derived goa'uld shields would be inferior to ancient ones, and as for ancient shields i doubt they're going to be that much more powerful than asgard ones maybe 4 times the strength of the deadalus ones...

also remember a hive can drain a Z.P.M in days and Z.P.Ms contian enough energy to destroy planets...
                        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Ravroz
                          No, what I meant by Ancient-derived was that the shielding technology on Anubis's Ha'taks wasn't directly created by the Ancients themselves, but rather the Goa'uld. Since Anubis's knowledge of the technology was second-hand, the shielding would likely not have been quite of the same quality as that of the original's, being a copy (like how genetic degradation occurs by continuous cloning for the Asgard). Buba got the gist of what I meant in the post above.

Comment

Working...
                          X