X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrades, Super Powers and Beyond!

So questions here:
    Would Jack, Sam and Daniel actually be able to survive the effects of those bracelets in "Upgrades"?

Would even three steaks each be enough to satisfy their hightened protein requirments?

Would the human body actually last long at all under such stresses?

Would their bodies be able to survive the super speeds at which they travel?

Discuss.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

There are absolute limits to human landspeed that have nothing to do with energy efficiency and everything to do with bipedal mechanics. It should have been impossible for any armbands that didn't somehow replace their legs with wheels to induce such high speeds.

Likewise, there are absolute mechanical limits on human strength. The armbands would have had to greatly increase the density of their muscles and bones to induce the extreme strength that they demonstrated.

As for dietarty requirements, I don't know. Actual enhancements would have made them Hulk big so they would need to consume a vast amount of protien and calcium for both muscle mass and bone mass. However, they would haave needed fat and other nutrients, too.

Comment

they wouldnt have survived because the armbands released a virous into them and eventually in the pyrimid or shipyard or whatever their imune systems started to fight it. hence them falling off and not being super strong anymore.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Working...
      X