X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver
    Somewhat reminiscent of a GTD Hecate-class destroyer

(any Freespace 2 fans here? -)

Somewhat, but I think the red and black make it more Shivan like. Then again, Shivan ships usually aren't so blocky. Only the GTD ships were really angular.

Freespace 2 was an awesome game.

Comment

WOW! That literally looks like a Daedelus and a Prometheus moulded together!

But why call it a Ha'tak buster? They have to deal with the ORI now.

Comment

its one cool ship. the red pods are likely hiperspace drives. that sides look like weapon platoons. at least to me.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean Engineer
          Somewhat, but I think the red and black make it more Shivan like. Then again, Shivan ships usually aren't so blocky. Only the GTD ships were really angular.

Freespace 2 was an awesome game.
          hehe...could be a terran-shivan hybrid (like the Hades, in FS1 secret missions -)
          Actually the Prometheus also looks a bit like a Hecate...

yeah FS2 r0Xd but apparently those @&#%$ from Volition eliminated the possibility of any sequel

Comment

does ne1 else think it looks rubbish, in a fight it'll be slow, large surface area ??
            ]

Comment

Originally posted by rosstaylor
              does ne1 else think it looks rubbish, in a fight it'll be slow, large surface area ??
              It does look a little bad since it has alot of unexplained fins and such, but I don't think it'll be slow in a fight. You're in space, sleekness means nothing. Second, about the surface area, the shape with smallest surface area for a given volume is a sphere. Since this ship is more spherical than the BC-304 class of ships, it should carry more stuff for the given surface area.

The main issue with being hit is its cross-sectional area. From a front on view, the Prometheus and the original posts's picture is big and easy to hit. With one dimension of the vehicle much narrower (like the Daedalus or Odyssey) the vehicle becomes more difficult to hit from two axis (front/rear and sides for Daedalus), but much easier to hit from remaining axis (top or bottom view). It all depends on your combat tactics and whether you think you will be out-flanked.

Comment

That is a very cool ship design, but I think if there is going to be another Earth ship they'll probably base it off the Odyssey, not the Prometheus.

Comment

Working...
                X