This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by belistner View Post
    the asguard need to get there hands on a few blank human clones then use anubis's machine to enhance the brain power of those bodies then start downloading the asguard into them .
    they would be able to reproduce and they would have the brain capacity of the ancients .

or they could use blank symbiotes download the asguard minds into them then take a blank host so they dont have to share the body .
    But there are ethical points to that option which the Asgard belief system would not allow
    sigpic
    Spoiler:
    President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
    President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
    Forum Charmer
    Forum Ambassador
    Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

thing being that we have absolutely no idea what is wrong with the Asgard genes specifically. For all we know, the transfer of minds from one species to another could cause the genetic decay, so creating a blank clone capable of reproducing then transferring the mind into it might make that clone sterile.

The asgard are pretty smart guys. Give them credit where it's due. They're trying their hardest to solve this problem, and they will. Someday.

Comment

I think they must of found a problem with using humans as host to their minds, and so decided against it
        sigpic
        Spoiler:
        Forum Charmer
        Forum Ambassador
        Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

I'm surprised there hasn't been mention of experimenting on animals. Or using any of Earth's relevant medical research. Granted, they do have the most advanced science, but we have been studying our own physiology for longer.
          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
          The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
          I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
          Caboose: They could be worse?
          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
            I'm surprised there hasn't been mention of experimenting on animals. Or using any of Earth's relevant medical research. Granted, they do have the most advanced science, but we have been studying our own physiology for longer.
            Are you sure about that? Think about how old the Asgard are. They've been studying us for a very long time. They may have been studying us since before recorded history.

Honestly, I'm guessing the Asgard know more about our physiology than we do.
            Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Originally posted by ascendedancient42 View Post
              Are you sure about that? Think about how old the Asgard are. They've been studying us for a very long time. They may have been studying us since before recorded history.

Honestly, I'm guessing the Asgard know more about our physiology than we do.
              I think this is true, and also that they have advanced enough technology to decsifer whether or not using a human body as a host to their minds is the best solution. I think they found a problem with it and so have decided that they can't use humans
              sigpic
              Spoiler:
              Forum Charmer
              Forum Ambassador
              Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Why can't they make Robot Bodies. Then like the man in "Tin man" they can live without have to download and made ever decaying copyies.

But then i gess they would say "then we would be no better than the replicators" Its ironic how their dreams are to reproduce once more yet their sworn enemy was only their enemy for that one reason. They would not stop reproducing.
                sigpic
                Banner Made By Me for Me
                The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Basically the Asgard must of scratched the idea of using robots ages ago
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:
                  Forum Charmer
                  Forum Ambassador
                  Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Working...
                  X