This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atlantean Engineer
    Because if they did that, they'd be in the same situation they are in now, just a few thousand years down the line. They're trying to find a more permanent solution. A few thousand years seems like alot, but if your conciousness keeps being preserved and downloaded into new bodies every few hundred years, the time seems a lot shorter.
    I don't think it is a body problem so much as it is a brain problem. It would be like finding a fully preserved 1.44MB 3.5in floppy disk along with the blueprints required to make more, but being stuck with a bunch of deteriorating double layer DVDs. Even though you could make new floppy disks there is no way you could copy an entire 8.5GB dvd to one.

Comment

Would you want to have a monkey body?

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor
        Would you want to have a monkey body?
        why would anyone want that???
        sigpic

Comment

Late reply but still, we must seem like monkeys to the Asgard, I doubt they would want out body that's what I meant.

Comment

I think they don't do this because of the ethical implementations. They may feel it is against human rights etc. The Asgard are like that.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:
            President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
            President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
            Forum Charmer
            Forum Ambassador
            Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by unknown.entity View Post
              Well to me it does look like a permanent solution... What's the problem? So they clone for thousand years again and when they come across this problem again, they go back to the original body and start all over again for another thousand years... I don't see why that can't work. Or even better, everytime they want to clone a body, they just clone the original. The only reason their bodies are failing is because they kept cloning the previous clone. I would have thought it would be common sense to constantly clone the original body, not the clone of a clone of a clone...
              Thats assuming the original body is still aound, Asgard are insuring the survial of individuals via there downloading technology not creating new offspring, which does mean that the population is in negative growth.

Comment

The reason why they do not use the sample from the original bodies could be that there was a plague that killed off the asgard and so they needed to create bodies more suited to the conditions of the plague and so would gain immunity. by doing this they may have used loning technology to create the new bodies and keep this up in order to withstand the disease.
                sigpic
                Spoiler:
                Forum Charmer
                Forum Ambassador
                Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

The real question is whether or not they would give up immortality if the problem was ever solved. I don't think i would. living for hundreds or thousands of years trying to survive replicators, genetic problems, and the fall of your society only to make it through and have to die. I'd want to keep on going.

"Their victims knew no peace until the Ori came and whispered to them"Sleep for the end draws near"and on that day all will rejoice when the Ori come and lay them low. "

Comment

Yeah I think the writters need to go back to races like the asgard and go into more depth, since it seems all they care about are the ancients and I think they screwed up bad when they chose to ignore everything else

Comment

Yes, We'd all like to know the exact or offical reason why the Asgard started cloning their society.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:
                      Forum Charmer
                      Forum Ambassador
                      Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

im always thinking that why dont they use the telchack device or the healing device and learn from that. might come in handy, like heal some chromosones or something
                        sigpic

Comment

do healing devices work on genes?

Comment

No, I think it's just tissue they heal.

(Hey it's my 800th post! )
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:
                            Forum Charmer
                            Forum Ambassador
                            Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
                              The reason why they do not use the sample from the original bodies could be that there was a plague that killed off the asgard and so they needed to create bodies more suited to the conditions of the plague and so would gain immunity. by doing this they may have used loning technology to create the new bodies and keep this up in order to withstand the disease.
                              Hadn't though of that possibility, but does open some options. After all what would we do to survive or for fashion.

Comment

the asguard need to get there hands on a few blank human clones then use anubis's machine to enhance the brain power of those bodies then start downloading the asguard into them .
                                they would be able to reproduce and they would have the brain capacity of the ancients .

or they could use blank symbiotes download the asguard minds into them then take a blank host so they dont have to share the body .

Comment

Working...
                                X