This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Descent - Mother Ship Makeup?

So in my 100th viewing of descent (S6 Ep 3) the other day something came to mind that I am not sure about, and I figured I would ask because it is REALLY bothering me. Naquadah is supposed to be in or a part of just about everything the Goa'uld put together weapons wise. Is that right? If thats wrong then the next question I have is pointless. If it is right, then my question is this. On the mothership that crashed in to the ocean, wouldnt there have been a large stockpile of weapons and various other naquadah based technologies. And with all that naquadah wouldnt the reaction from the explosion have magnified it making any sort of underwater explosion a catastrophe? I guess I'm curious, theoretically in the stargate world, how much is enough to make a regular explosion a really really bad explosion?

Chances are, Anubis took anything of value from the ship off of it in the time he had. Also, naqudah only enhance nuclear explosions and Anubis's super weapon.
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Also I think the magnitude of the explosion would be dependant on the quality of the naqudah, whether it is weapons grade or otherwise...

Comment

Correct me if Im wrong, but doesnt the Naquada enhance explosives. The Mothership didnt explode, but it was crushed from the pressure of the ocean. (I think that is what happend, but could be wrong. )
        Save SG-1! Sign the Petition!
        http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

even if it did explode it wouldnt magnify the explosion or w.e, WEAPONS grade naqudah does that, there are other types of naqudah...building naqudah(e.g to make staff weapons, zats...motherships), and a currency naqudah...now, i dont know if this is any different from building naquadah but remember in the ep in s.9 where they need to get the bindings or w.e off of vala and daniel, the jaffa offers to sell knives for 3 ounces of naqudah...so yeah

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Actually the ship exploded because the self destruct, which had been on pause thanks to Thor, began again with 17 minutes or so remaining. Once SG1 left the hangar in the Death Gliders, it exploded. So it was an explosion. It was being flooded because of the pressure of the ocean, but that had nothing to do with the explosion itself.

as for there being different types of naquadah, I think you may be right. They are always specific to say weapons grade naquadah when thats what they want. My mind is more at ease!

Comment

naquadria does that in it???
              sigpic

Comment

The destruction was quite puny if you think about it.

For example, Cronos' Ha'tak hitting Delmak provoked an explosion that could literally match a nuclear fireball from a multi teraton explosion.
                Many explosion do get enhanced by naqahdah, and the subtlety between raw naqahdah and weapon grade naqahdah (refined?) do seem to have similar effect in explosion enhancement.

Ha'taks have large cuves of liquid heavy naqahdah to power themselves.

However, at such a depth, the explosion would have been cushioned by the billions cube meters of water, but I'd still expect a multi gigaton explosion at the very least, anything enough to vaporize a large quantity of the ship.

Self destructs in SG make systems overload, and probably make naqahdah go critical in some kind of way. The destruction of Apophis' supership produced an insanely powerful explosion that still threatened a Ha'tak fleeing full throttle a already located miles and miles away.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                X