Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whirlpools created by the Ancients: Huge destruction?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whirlpools created by the Ancients: Huge destruction?

Anybody wonder what would happen if an ancient whirlpool creating device created a whirlpool? How destructive, the size, the rotation speed, and last but nost least, the depth. Anybody care to speculate? I got the idea from an episode of Mythbusters.
    Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Whirlpool creating device? Did I miss something?
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Theoretically speaking if one was found. I'm sure the ancients created one because they are the ancients after all. What kind of power would it create(destruction, other effects, etc...)?
      Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn
        Theoretically speaking if one was found. I'm sure the ancients created one because they are the ancients after all. What kind of power would it create(destruction, other effects, etc...)?
        None one can answer that atm it seems, due to no one knowing what the hell a Whirlpool device is...

If you would tell us that much it might help .

Comment

Originally posted by NATIK
          None one can answer that atm it seems, due to no one knowing what the hell a Whirlpool device is...

If you would tell us that much it might help .
          I assume it's a device to create a whirlpool http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whirlpool. The main question is why would they make one? Unless the Wraith have water craft or something?

Comment

A... washing machine?
            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

i knew you seen mythbusters as i seen this as well.

it's useless on everything but water vessels.
              A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
                i knew you seen mythbusters as i seen this as well.

it's useless on everything but water vessels.
                If the only thing it was twirling around was water that is. If it also worked on the air above the whirlpool it could in theory bring down planes and maybe even airborne spacecraft.

Comment

lots of entertainment i think would be the only use.
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I mean how big and stuff. Maybe that's how they sunk Atlantis. A giant and powerful whirlpool unlike anything ever seen. These are the ancients so it probably did take out airborne spacecraft anf maybe cause giant tsunamis due to its power.

Comment

Um, I rather doubt it honestly. Most likely the ancients just used the city's engines to submerge it below the surface..

Comment

Working...
                      X