X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aroura-Gate
    Theres a reason why theres only one of you... LOL
    Ha Ha Very funny, I think I bring wit and sci-fi-know-how to the forums lol

In any case, I think once a gate dials into another gate its done, whether its moving or not. So if you dial 2 gates to 2 different locations then bring those gates together and made one go through the larger one I'm sure there's gonna be a boom somewhere

Thanks to Captain Jake for the sig!

Comment

I was woundering wheres Thor

Comment

Originally posted by DaCk
        You would never be able to do that. Because two gates cannot be activated in the same system.
        Exactly. The supergate and the stargate you were trying to send through it would have identical addresses (the first six symbols), so only the one connected to a DHD would receive incoming wormholes. The first one to dial out would connect, the second gate would then not be able to lock the seventh chevron (Watergate)

You can't move an active stargate beyond a certain distance because the point of origin would no longer be valid, and I'd bet there was a safety mechanism to stop travel if that ever happens.
        Son, do you know what colour this phone is?
        - General Hammond

Comment

Two things, the supergate is of Ori Origin, how do we know it operates on the Ancient's gate network. It could just as well operate on their own gate network, just as rings do not interfere with gate travel. This might get us around the whole two gates in one coordinate bit.

Next, is the Ori Supergate one way, like the Ancient network? If so, then we need to find the Origin of the supergate to try this out, and that would have us inside the Oriland...wouldn't it? Or is the supergate an output of the minds of the Ori? Note, I haden't seen most of the last season due to timing issues,but I did see everythign so far this season (two episodes was it?), so that part may have been disproven.

Now my theory. The gate would go through, and be dematerialized...all standard stuff. The gate would pop out on the other end, de-activated. The supergate (assuming it works as a normal gate) would not be able to re-materalize the wormhole, so it goes in buffer, and anything that then goes through the supergate, would come out on the other end of the smaller gates wormhole

Comment

See, I'm kind of thinking that you COULD tow the gate around. I think that once connected it would drag the wormhole around with it. It just would be a really long journey to the next star system I'm thinking.

Comment

If what DarellFroggy is saying is correct, why would the russians care about waiting for the SGC to send teams before they dial? If I recall correctly, they dialed a split second after the SGC cut theirs in order for them to not be detected. They also said that when the Russians used their Stargate, it would supercede the SGC gate because it has a DHD. If you could dial out from the same location (planet or system), then who cares what gate it dials out to?

Comment

Originally posted by DaCk
                You would never be able to do that. Because two gates cannot be activated in the same system.

correction:

in the ep where oneil and carter were stuck in antartica, both gates on earth were activated at the same time so if we could mimic those effect then it should work, this also might be a good way to send some puddle jumpers threw the gate, well...if we had an open wormhole to their galaxy we would be much more logical and send a full on fleet with drones over there...

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

no, mburrows. You're wrong.

In Solitudes, they were unable to dial each other because teh gates were on the same planet. Same point of origin, so it was impossible to dial. If you remember, they got Jack and Sam out of Antarctica using helicopters.

Proved again in 4x07 - Watergate. The SG-1 team couldn't dial out because teh russians were using the gate at the time.

They wait at the foot of the ramp for the gate to open. The seventh chevron falls into place but the gate doesn’t open. O’NEILL turns to look at Sgt DAVIS in the control room.

DAVIS : Chevron seven won’t engage.
                  All of Sg1 turn around to look at the control room. O’NEILL looks at CARTER who nods and goes to help in the control room.
                  DAVIS (to CARTER) : I don’t understand it, the diagnostic shows no problems.
                  CARTER looks at the computer display which reads ‘total errors = 0’

A fewminutes later
                  CARTER : It looks like there was an energy spike in our power log about eight minutes before we first tried dialing out.
                  DANIEL looks at TEAL’C in surprise.
                  DANIEL : Err, correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t that something we’ve seen before when another gate is being used on Earth?
                  O’NEILL : Like when MAYBOURNE’S NID guys had the other gate.
                  TEAL’C : There is no longer a second Stargate on Earth.

Comment

Working...
                  X