Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone said that jumpers dont have shields, so how did they use a shield to rescue Mcay from the bottom of the ocean with another jumper?? I cant remember, didnt they use a shield to hold back the water? Obviously the Ori motherships hold ground troops and fighters, but I wonder if they will have vehicles also? Like some sort of tank that hovers, that would be tight. Also the fighters cam from what looked like the bottom of the Ori ship, I wonder, know that the one ship has landed, if the fighters can return to some sort of hanger or if they land on the ground near the mothership?

Comment

Originally posted by All hail the USAF
      Would I be correct in saying their about the size of an Al'Kesh?
      can't be. they should be the size of a glider

Comment

Originally posted by Korean_Turtle87
        can't be. they should be the size of a glider

They are probably a bit bigger then a deathglider. Anyone else notice that the gateworld entry for the raiders says that they have shields?

Comment

Originally posted by cbrseadude
          Someone said that jumpers dont have shields, so how did they use a shield to rescue Mcay from the bottom of the ocean with another jumper?? I cant remember, didnt they use a shield to hold back the water? Obviously the Ori motherships hold ground troops and fighters, but I wonder if they will have vehicles also? Like some sort of tank that hovers, that would be tight. Also the fighters cam from what looked like the bottom of the Ori ship, I wonder, know that the one ship has landed, if the fighters can return to some sort of hanger or if they land on the ground near the mothership?
          Thats true in a way because the jumper could only operate a cloak OR a shield not both. Though the shield could not handle the very bottom of the ocean for long before it just went out. From that episode where Earth got Orion and the bottom of the ocean one we found out that shields cannot be left on continously or be hit without a huge rise in power outage. Though it also might mean that the small size of the jumper prevents a powerful energy source to keep the shield going. Regardless, from the show almost no fighter sized ship has had a shield in the show so far (again because Jumpers usually use the cloak rather then the shield)

Mainly though its because they want something that can be destroyed by a rocket

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I don't want to rain on your parade, but those ori followers, they're just like jaffas, right?
            Poor armor, completely religious extremists, using staves and weak fighters that, huh, do have a kind of similarity with a death glider...
            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Ori footmen........versus...........snipers
              Well, I didnt see head armor or anything else. So, its all good. Splat.

Comment

if stargate put things in the right pwerspective those crusaders would be equivalent to new recruits in the army. they just finished maybe about 10 months of training they should be no match for highly trained jaffa. (but hey the jaffa had decades over our soldiers and we still whoop them) not to mention those pilots probably dont have much flight hours compared to our pilots and the jaffa. we should be scraping them off the floor but we arent for some odd reason.
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
                  if stargate put things in the right pwerspective those crusaders would be equivalent to new recruits in the army. they just finished maybe about 10 months of training they should be no match for highly trained jaffa. (but hey the jaffa had decades over our soldiers and we still whoop them) not to mention those pilots probably dont have much flight hours compared to our pilots and the jaffa. we should be scraping them off the floor but we arent for some odd reason.
                  Its just that they're tech is way beyond us, as well as the Priors helping out.
                  Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                  encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                  3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                  4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                  5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by JoblessTobias
                    Ori footmen........versus...........snipers
                    Well, I didnt see head armor or anything else. So, its all good. Splat.
                    There were helmets, shown many times, if you didnt notice.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Working...
                    X