This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori ship controls

Do you guys think the Ori ship will have a panel similar to the control device on Merlin's lab, Dakara weapon, and etc.,

Or will it have "Trek-like" appearance similar to the Aurora Class ships...

Or will they be piloted by several "Control Chairs" (1 for weapons, 1 for navigation, 1 for piloting, and etc.).
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

There`s no real way of knowing until July.

I doubt they use control chairs because their soldiers seem to be very basically trained so I would assume their ship crews are aswell.

Trek style LCARS is possible but I really hope not. The Aurora is more than enough LCARS for me. I know that style of control makes sense for a race so advanced but its just been used by every sci-fi series since Trek that it really makes me appreciate the different interface styles they use on SG.

I doubt they will use a Dakara-style control as the aesthetic wouldn`t really fit in with the ship and these styles of control are used for puzzle-solving and delicate frequency adjustment (in the case of Dakara). I doubt they`d be much use aboard an Ori warship.

Your post has made me wonder what sort of interface they might use.

Personally I think it will be something similar to the Atlantis control room interfaces as we have already observed from 'Camelot' that their crystal technology is very similar in appearance to the Ancient crystals.

Anyone else got an idea.
    Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
    Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Considering that the Ori themselves aren't actually using it, I would assume its good old "push buttons" or something similar to what the Asgard use. This would make it easier for the makeshift soldiers on board to use.
      www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

mebe a prior controls the whole ship with his prior staff. I doubt the ori warriors at their level wuld understand how to control a ship of that size and power efficiently but I may be wrong.

Comment

Aren't the priors psychic/telekinetic maybe they control it with their minds without the need for a control chair.

Comment

TPTB will probably just pull some old prop from a few seasons ago and give it some new color and/or add on to it.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
              TPTB will probably just pull some old prop from a few seasons ago and give it some new color and/or add on to it.
              You`re probably right. Besides, I read in a spoiler that
              Spoiler:
              In S10 SG-1 try to take control of an Ori warship

that would be a bit difficult if there were no physical controls.
              Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
              Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

id think something like the atlantis controls too, the crystals are definatly ancient design lol

btw, i know what you meen about the using old props and re-painting them, isnt that what they did with the 3rd version of a wraith stunner that came out? used the one from where the SG is up against some rock and then teal'c gets blinded, etc etc etc etc?

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Originally posted by mburrows
                  id think something like the atlantis controls too, the crystals are definatly ancient design lol
                  It could be the jello-y stuff like those on the chair device.
                  "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun
                    It could be the jello-y stuff like those on the chair device.
                    Actually, now that you bring that up, I think there's a pretty good chance they'd use that.

Best Stargate quote:
                    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

hmmmm, maybe just a simple rubber keypad kinda thing? lol

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Working...
                      X