This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep
    I agree with the Chair recovery theory, that the drone, if on 'swarm mode' & 'phasing mode' that they will return to the silo after regrouping.

As to the settings, i think there are quite a few:

Primary settings:
    *explode on contact
    *Tunneling
    *Phasing mode - where it(the drone) the passes through energy but not matter..eg pass throguh anusis shield and his ship but remain intact(becuase its still passing through energy, just the energy of an explosion.

There are also three ways to use the drone IMO:
    *Swarm mode - this TLC super weapon mode, and i think that Phasing mode described above is only avalable at this setting, where the entire swarm can phase and then be launched.
    *Triple Launch - this is the Rising three drones are launched and the spin in a trio towards the target.
    *Singular mode - where one drone is launched at 1 target ( the most common mode of use)
    So why do they keep worrying about not having enough drones if they can recover them? And why the hell would Sheppard use the explosive setting. Is the go-right-through setting not good enough for destroying darts and hives?
    "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

I wonder how many drones are left, they seemed to use loads against Anubis. Like total over fecking kill, a couple of drones is enough to take out a Hat'ak yet they sent up what seemed to be like thousands against Anubis. Considering we cannot make drones and they are by far the best weapon we have using so many against Anubis seems retarded to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun
        So why do they keep worrying about not having enough drones if they can recover them? And why the hell would Sheppard use the explosive setting. Is the go-right-through setting not good enough for destroying darts and hives?
        In response to the last of those questions, no. Trying to hit a fast moving target, like a dart, would be dificult even for drones. Exploding in proximity would ensure a higher kill rate and the chance of hitting multiple targets. Also I don't believe drones have been used in large numbers on a Hive or Cruiser so we don't know what the drones will do.
        aka paddytehpyro

Comment

I think thats why the swarm mode exists, for capital ships...the reason only a few drones were needed in TGTBK is because oniel knew exactly how to hit a hatak hard...and the targeting computer extrapilated that info so it got it right that time...the Ancient database download in TLC overrided Jack hatak knowledge and became unfamiliar with the hatak, meaning that they just fired as much as possible, knowing over kill is better than under preparation.
          JMO.
          Also sheppard uses that because i think the Phase mode is a special 'superweapon' setting, not put on PJ because their isnt enough drones.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Or maybe its just because Sheppard doesnt know about it?

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
            Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
            the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
            Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
            The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Any drones drifting in space would be captured by earths gravity and reenter because they did not have escape velocity.

Comment

That made no sense my friend.

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun
                  He might not know about settings. It could also be the dart self destructing to try to bring down the number of useable drones(I don't think this is the case though).

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

Possibly self destructing, they dont seem to have a problem doing it in other situations when its been hopeless for them. However I reckon its just Sheppards preference to use explosive setting or as I mentioned previously that Sheppard simply doesnt know the drones capability.

Comment

I don`t think there were any drones left.
                      I think that in TLC, they used the 'phasing' mode to destroy most of the fleet and then they switched to 'explode on contact' mode to take out the last of the ships. So there wouldn`t be any left.
                      It is possible they were collected but if they could do that then the drones become the infinite weapons that the TPTB don`t want us to have cos it would just make it too easy.
                      Also possible that only outposts have phasing drones so Atlantis' drones would be able to phase but PJ drones wouldn`t. This is pure conjecture though.
                      Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
                      Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Id say only the drones fired with a ZPM powersource have the phasing ability. Why rip up most of a fleet with phased drones and then blow them up? That'd just be f*****g stupid.

Comment

Can you tell me why are the antartic drones smaller than the drones in Antantis? O'Neill have shot too much, because later they could blow up a Ha'tak with 1-2 in 8x13 "It's good to be king". I think this is a big mistake from the creators in Lost city.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Magic thing called continuity errors and the TLC drones werent any different just CGI scaling issues are a constant pain to SG fans.

Comment

Working...
                            X