This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
    Unless the dumb people didn't know what a tank or WWI was.
    Yeah, in which case they probably wouldn't be on the forum, unless they skipped a few grades.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Harekin
      Even if they flew around the Ori ships REALLY fast they still wouldnt have an effect. Thus your analogy when related to the Camelot battle basically says if the fifty troops can run around the tank dodging it, sure they'll live a bit longer, but their WWI rifles still wont penetrate the tank. And if your idea about grenades being tossed into a tank to destroy would work on the Ori ships...what exactly is this grenade you speak of? And how do you plan on it penetrating an omni-directional uber shield?
      The 'grenade' so to speak could be one of many things. It would seem that in your opinion, though, that the Ori are invincible and thus can't be defeated. I'm glad you're not leading the resistance against them or we'd have already gone home. However, back to the 'grenade.' I am not one of TPTB so does it really matter what I think, though I do have a few potential scenarios if you would like...
      Last edited by Oranos; 17 May 2006, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
        Unless the dumb people didn't know what a tank or WWI was.
        What is this "tank" and "WWI"? Can I find it in the accinet data base porthus?

BUt anyway, to point out the obvious, the reason our ships get destroyed..

... and hold onto your seats for this one.. cuz it's a big one...

The pen is mightier than the sword

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
          Nope. Only the Furlings and a few of their select agents know...

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko

BUt anyway, to point out the obvious, the reason our ships get destroyed..

... and hold onto your seats for this one.. cuz it's a big one...

The pen is mightier than the sword
            So you're saying we should shoot pens at them then?

Comment

Only pens from the University of Bradford.

Comment

Ok this is getting silly. No Im not saying the Ori are completly unbeatable, but they are unbeatable at the moment with our current tactics, weapons and ships.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

I've been going back and re-watching all 9 (and 2 for SGA) seasons in preperation for S10/03.

One question I have, and this has probably been asked before but ...

in Disclosure Thor blatantly says he's installing Asgard designed shields AND weapons. Why the hell did they get taken away? If we're trustworthy enough to have them on the Promi (for a while anyway) then what the frak happened to them.

Also, the free Jaffa nation bloody owes us. They can spare the plans to Hat'ak weaponry. It's not like we don't have the power requirements taken care of. we have Asgard engines to handle it.

And all the comments about "evasive maneuvers" are spot on. TPTB should go watch season 7 of Startrek: DS9. The space battle scenes were very well done on that show.

___
                  Grace

PS. Now that we're intergalactic. Shouldn't someone go check on the Tollan? We have no idea if they're all really dead. It's entirely possible several thousand of them are alive and trying to rebuild a shattered society. I just think it would be a great One-Off at least. Maybe the Nox will help them again if they're alive.

Comment

i like the idea of that tbh what about the disrupter can we modifi it so i can kill ori follower's / ori prior's? or they same dna.
                    they must be differnt dna because the ancient's did

Comment

Originally posted by GraceMolloy

And all the comments about "evasive maneuvers" are spot on. TPTB should go watch season 7 of Startrek: DS9. The space battle scenes were very well done on that show.
                      They should take a look at Babylon 5 as well, probably the best space battles in television, perhaps even movie history.

Why is it that SG-1 rarely has dogfights? I don't know, perhaps I forgot, but I seem to recall all the Alliance ships (Asgard, Earth, "The Thieves" (whatever their name is) Alliance and the Jaffa) were attacking the Ori and not a single fighter was launched from any of the ships.

Why not? You could get past the shields with the F-302's hyperdrive, which was done previously in the battle against Anubis's Super Mothership, not to mention you could bring more firepower to bear on the ships and it would give them more targets to shoot at.

The Answer...most likely financial constraints, due to the amount of CGI work it would take, though if they aren't willing to do it right, they shouldn't do it at all.

Comment

We saw in the hive(i think) a large fighter battle and that took a substantial portion of the budget for SGA. Anyway if there were fighters at the supergate battle the casualties would be a lot higher. Without shields they would get wiped out by the secondary weapons on the ori ships.
                        aka paddytehpyro

Comment

Originally posted by pyrodude

We saw in the hive(i think) a large fighter battle and that took a substantial portion of the budget for SGA. Anyway if there were fighters at the supergate battle the casualties would be a lot higher. Without shields they would get wiped out by the secondary weapons on the ori ships.
                          Potentially yes but those weapons might not be very good at targeting small moving objects like fighters or the large burning chunks of starship that were left after the battle.
                          Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 18 May 2006, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GraceMolloy

in Disclosure Thor blatantly says he's installing Asgard designed shields AND weapons. Why the hell did they get taken away? If we're trustworthy enough to have them on the Promi (for a while anyway) then what the frak happened to them.
                            The answer could be in your post. Asgard 'designed'. Though, I would have to agree that the weapons are very 'Earth' like. Either those weapons are what the Asgard gave us or they jipped us and didn't give them to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Section_One

Why is it that SG-1 rarely has dogfights? I don't know, perhaps I forgot, but I seem to recall all the Alliance ships (Asgard, Earth, "The Thieves" (whatever their name is) Alliance and the Jaffa) were attacking the Ori and not a single fighter was launched from any of the ships.
                              I believe you are referring to the Lucian Alliance. And also the Korolev presumably launched it's F-302's after Mitchell ordered an all in thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X