This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wormhole Flow Reversal

The SGC scientists are learning more about the stargates and wormholes all the time, like how to reintegrate matter in teh Stargate's buffer, and how to open every gate in teh galaxy at the same time (albeit with Goa'uld assistance). We know matter can only go one way through a wormhole so there must be some sort of "flow" through the wormhole. We can make an established wormhole jump gates by firing an energy burst into the wormhole, we can make a wormhole jump realities by passing it across a black hole and firing an energy burst into it, what if it is possible to reverse the flow through a wormhole???

For instance, Atlantis dials earth, the wormhole establishes then Earth and Atlantis both lower an energy pulse device in front of the gate. The polarity is reversed between the two devices so that an "energy current" is established beteen the two devices across the wormhole. At the same time self sustaining sub-atomic particles (neutrinos maybe) are fied into the wormhole to make sure it can't collapse. Both energy devices are fired and the flow of the current established between the two devices reverses the flow inside the wormhole. Now travel from Earth back to atlantis is possible.

(Having the ghostbusters stand in front of the open wormhole and cross the streams might be another option)

Would need some plot device to make it dangerous enough so that they could only use it in emergencies.

Hrm.... TPTB might consider that too much of a backdoor.

I mean, we get really psyched in Scifi when our friends are backed into corners with no means of escape and voila, someone finds the ability to use a toothpick, tube sock, credit card and win his/her way to victory.

Having a 2 way gate may be too much of an escape route for tptb to ever consider. :|

Plus, firing two eenrgy bursts into wormholes would just make both wormholes jump, without knowing what we'd do by causing both wormhole entries to go unstable.

Comment

A 2 way wormhole might be not possible because what is one team is going t a planet when another is coming back at the same time, their matter streams might be linked together and one side we have Sams head on Jacks knee or something or Daniels Arm on Teal'cs face, it may not be feasible, maybe the ancients were experimenting like a lot of things, maybe it wasnt possible and will never be.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin's_Legacy
        Would need some plot device to make it dangerous enough so that they could only use it in emergencies.
        Carter: I think I just figured out how to have two-way Gate travel.

Dr. Lee: Oh?

Carter: We know that energy -- radio signals, etc. -- can be transmitted both ways, right.

Dr. Lee: Of course.

Carter: Well, what if he setup a couple of Asgard teleportation systems on both ends. Transfer matter into the transporters system, broadcast the energy stream through the Gate, and the transporter on the other end reintegrates the signal into matter.

Dr. Lee: Sounds dangerous. If there was enough signal degredation between both points, you might not be able to reinstate the matter from the signal.

Carter: Well, I'll just send the idea to Dr. McKay. He'll take credit for the idea. If it works, great. If not, our research budget won't be impacted.

Dr. Lee: That's brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by turbov21
          Carter: I think I just figured out how to have two-way Gate travel.

Dr. Lee: Oh?

Carter: We know that energy -- radio signals, etc. -- can be transmitted both ways, right.

Dr. Lee: Of course.

Carter: Well, what if he setup a couple of Asgard teleportation systems on both ends. Transfer matter into the transporters system, broadcast the energy stream through the Gate, and the transporter on the other end reintegrates the signal into matter.

Dr. Lee: Sounds dangerous. If there was enough signal degredation between both points, you might not be able to reinstate the matter from the signal.

Carter: Well, I'll just send the idea to Dr. McKay. He'll take credit for the idea. If it works, great. If not, our research budget won't be impacted.

Dr. Lee: That's brilliant!
          Very funny green for your funny-ness!!

Comment

Aww dude.. don't have Dr. Lee use my explanation! Not cool.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
              Aww dude.. don't have Dr. Lee use my explanation! Not cool.
              Hey this may show that Dr. Lee is getting smarter and more cautious... or not.

Comment

Working...
              X