This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nukes on BSG compared to Nukes on SG

I only started watching Battlestar Galactica because SG1 and SGA is not on until July. I figured I watch it and see how good it is before I decide to buy the box set. So far i'm pretty impressed.

I was watching a random episode: 2x17, and I noticed the Cylon when they fired their nukes, how come they seem to be much more powerful and faster than the ones on our BC304 class ships.

Would it work to have faster nukes on 304 just like the ones on BSG?
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Originally posted by McSwift
    I only started watching Battlestar Galactica because SG1 and SGA is not on until July. I figured I watch it and see how good it is before I decide to buy the box set. So far i'm pretty impressed.

I was watching a random episode: 2x17, and I noticed the Cylon when they fired their nukes, how come they seem to be much more powerful and faster than the ones on our BC304 class ships.

BSG probably has faster propulsion than SGs... It couldn't hurt to have it... Smaller, Stronger & Faster!

Nukes don't work that well in Space though.... Due to the lack of Air, mainly Oxygen... Plus with Sheilding in SG as opposed to ther lack of it in BSG...

Comment

the prometheus is a X-303 class cruiser and the dadealus (i cant remember how to spell it.) is a BC-303 class Battle Cruiser. The Oddesy is A BC-304 class Battle Cruiser....and the russian ship is a BC-303...we dont give them the good stuff.
      here is the diff

X-303- Class 1 Asgard Shields, 25 rail gun embedments, 5 missile bays (10 missiles each Mark VIs), Class 1 Asgard Hyper-Drive..Sub-light 9/10
      BC-303- Class 3 Asgard Shields, 45 Rail Gun Embedments, 18 missile bays (10 Mark VIIs each), Class 3 Asgard Hyper-Drive...sub-light 19/20
      BC-304- Class 4 Asgard Shields, 55 Rail Gun Embedments, 20 Missle Bays (10 missiles each Mark VIIs.) and Class 3 Asgard Hyper-Drive....sub-light 29/30.

BSG needs nukes to get there fast and they tend to use more than one.
      SG nukes to cause a big punch to get passed shields and tend to use one big one...(the Alterans got it right...small boom...cuts right through shields like they werent there...use in great numbers.)

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift

Well, let's see.

The best nuke I heard of in BSG was 50 megaton, fired by the cylon basestars against the twleve colonies. They're big rockets.

SG nukes, in comparison, aren't weaker. Based on Earth's history. We've already produced that level of destruction in the past (Tsar Bomba, 50 MT as well).
        Now bring our current level of technology and miniaturization, add naqahdah, and you turn low kiloton nukes into low gigaton nukes.
        They're just rocket as well, so not inferior in terms of delivery.

When you add naqahdria, you get something like 800 gigatons nukes, at the very least, if not low teraton ones.

Added to that, SG has beaming tech.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by ek_elder_common
          the prometheus is a X-303 class cruiser and the dadealus (i cant remember how to spell it.) is a BC-303 class Battle Cruiser. The Oddesy is A BC-304 class Battle Cruiser....and the russian ship is a BC-303...we dont give them the good stuff.
          here is the diff
          You are incorrect. The Prometheus was called the X-303, yes, but it later became the BC-303. The Daedalus is a BC-304, as is the Odyssey *and* the Korelev that the Russians fielded. The Russians also have the plans for the BC-303.

Comment

the last i checked the "gate buster" aka Mark IX was a 1TT Nuke W/ A blast radius of 100 miles..the shock wave extents to god knows what..

Comment

here is the diff

X-303- Class 1 Asgard Shields, 25 rail gun embedments, 5 missile bays (10 missiles each Mark VIs), Class 1 Asgard Hyper-Drive..Sub-light 9/10
              BC-303- Class 3 Asgard Shields, 45 Rail Gun Embedments, 18 missile bays (10 Mark VIIs each), Class 3 Asgard Hyper-Drive...sub-light 19/20
              BC-304- Class 4 Asgard Shields, 55 Rail Gun Embedments, 20 Missle Bays (10 missiles each Mark VIIs.) and Class 3 Asgard Hyper-Drive....sub-light 29/30.

BSG needs nukes to get there fast and they tend to use more than one.
              SG nukes to cause a big punch to get passed shields and tend to use one big one...(the Alterans got it right...small boom...cuts right through shields like they werent there...use in great numbers.)

The Prometheus was only 303, the Daedalus and Daedalus-class are 304s.

Comment

Originally posted by Scyld
                You are incorrect. The Prometheus was called the X-303, yes, but it later became the BC-303. The Daedalus is a BC-304, as is the Odyssey *and* the Korelev that the Russians fielded. The Russians also have the plans for the BC-303.
                Not entirely known is the 304s are BCs due to the fact they were only referred to as '304.' Also the briefing room on the Odyssey in "Off the Grid" had a screen on with the words "Deep Space Carrier." So that could hint toward the DSC-304, until said otherwise. But who knows.

Comment

....look on Col. Caldwell's uniform and look on the patch..
                  it says BC-303..and then look on the commander of the oddesy's it will say BC-304 (might be a spoof on the part of the show but that is what i based that on.)

Comment

....look on Col. Caldwell's uniform and look on the patch..
                    it says BC-303..and then look on the commander of the oddesy's it will say BC-304 (might be a spoof on the part of the show but that is what i based that on.)
                    His patch says Daedalus. No mention of 303 or 304.

Comment

it does when i watch it on my tivo...

Comment

your tivo must have 20X zoom then, b/c i don't see it. and if so, tivo that sucker again and prove it. host a picture of this if u attempt to prove it.

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
                        pps = power per second
                        The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
                        xfire = zpm
                        [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
                        http://m2kclan.com
                        vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
                        port: 3785
                        P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
                        halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
                        Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Nope, Daedalus.

Comment

...well it could just be a spoof that was edited out later for re-runs cause i dont see it on my friends copy of it and he copys the re-runs...and i really dont want to start arguing bout something that stupid.

Comment

...well it could just be a spoof that was edited out later for re-runs cause i dont see it on my friends copy of it and he copys the re-runs...and i really dont want to start arguing bout something that stupid.
                              Nope, I think you were caught in the lie with your foot shoved in your mouth. I have Seige 3 on DVR from the July Premiere. And the patch clearly shows Daedalus with a F-302 on it. With no mention of BC-303 on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X