This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Publius Aemilius Aper
    It's good that we have a science debate going on that isn't physics base(even though physics is my thing, hearing the same arguments over and over again does get tiring).

I dunno about real life, but if we infuse my idea with SG technobabble, I'm pretty sure that it's as good an explaination as any. But hey, it might even be possible in the real world.

About that fusion generator-isn't it a little risky considering they are running a biologica ship-It might get radiation poisoning surely. It may be designed to withstand radiation from the outside, but their Hives don't look as tough on the inside...
    Fine, create an enzyme whose combination of substrates produces Potassium Iodide.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Ok I don't know whether this has been suggested or not but, what if the Wraith are using multiple systems to provide power to their ships.

For example: Photosynthesis(limited to close proximity to stars), Fusion(using the dried out husks of their victims as fuel), etc.

This may be a possibility or I could be further off than gold leader.

Comment

Has naquadah been found anywhere in the Pegasus galaxy? If not then it wouldn't be naquadah powered.
        I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

I dont see how photosynthesis is a viable source of power because in the void between the Pegasus and MW galaxies they would have nowhere to recharge...plus you cant really use Adenine TriPhosphate to power the non biological parts of the ship.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
          Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
          the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
          Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
          The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
            Ok I don't know whether this has been suggested or not but, what if the Wraith are using multiple systems to provide power to their ships.

For example: Photosynthesis(limited to close proximity to stars), Fusion(using the dried out husks of their victims as fuel), etc.

This may be a possibility or I could be further off than gold leader.
            There is constant photon flow in the cosmic background. It may have been travelling for millions of years to reach it's destination but nonetheless, its a photon. The process of photosynthesis is started with photons.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

The photons are used for hydrolysis too!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Comment

Originally posted by Harekin
                The photons are used for hydrolysis too!
                Refresh my memory with hydrolisis please. I know I learned it but I'm drawing a blank.

Best Stargate quote:
                Green is your friend.

Comment

The splitting of H2O using photons of light into e-, H+ and oxygen. Its an essential part of photosynthesis.

Comment

The splitting of H2O using photons of light into e-, H+ and oxygen. Its an essential part of photosynthesis.
                    Oh, right. Now I remember. That electron eventually is used to pull in protons for the gradient.

Best Stargate quote:
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

No thats the molecules NAD. This is the high energy electron used to form ATP. The proton is only used in the formation of glucose.

Comment

No thats the molecules NAD. This is the high energy electron used to form ATP. The proton is only used in the formation of glucose.
                        After the electron bounces off photosystem II it goes to Plastoquinone (first ETS thingy) that brings a proton into the thylakoid membrane. The buildup of the protons forms a gradient, which when released flows through the enzyme ATP Synthase and then ADP+ free floating Phosphate group go into active site of ATP Synthase to form ATP. I think you're thinking of Photosystem one where the already fallen electron gets bumped up again by Photosystem I.

Best Stargate quote:
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                        X