This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Power Systems

I've always wondered what type of power systems the wraith use...Since we never actually get to see one.

In my opinion, i think that its some sort of naquada or crystal based technology, though i could be wrong

Thoughts anyone?
    O'Neil: Sorry, i was just finishing up on a lovely brunch!
    Baal: Impudence
    O'Neil:No, Tuna!

i think they just feed the ships junks of planets
    "I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony."
    "Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried."
    "I shot him. In the leg."
    "I'm invulnerable."
    "Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?"
    "In-vul-ner-able!"

Comment

What exactly do you mean by that?
      O'Neil: Sorry, i was just finishing up on a lovely brunch!
      Baal: Impudence
      O'Neil:No, Tuna!

Comment

Non exotic fusion? Their hiveships are big, they can carry large amounts of raw material for their needs.
        Cruisers would use smaller generators, and other smaller ships would have even smaller generators, eventually batteries that could be recharged once the ship would be docked to a bigger one, like a hiveship.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

they use steam engines they burn the dead human bodys coz they are dry and burn really well and make alot of heat to boil water with.
          War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Comment

If you were looking for a serious answer to this question, most likely it is some sort of bio-mechanical fusion reactors. The Wraith ships are living, in a sense, and can heal themselves given enough time, so there is no reason to dis-believe that they are powered by organic, or naturaly occuring, materials in space and while on land.

This may also be why they currently utilize limited hyper drive capabilities. There ships can only *eat* a certain ammount of space dust, for lack of a better analogy, and this limits the strength of their power. We have seen though that other, non bio, technology could be added to wraith tech to give it more functionality. This would explain how the Wraith could utilize ancient hyper drives if they got a hold of them.

" A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, "Wish you were here." " --Steven Wright

--Does that sound familiar to anyone else?--

Comment

Originally posted by Rodan5757
              If you were looking for a serious answer to this question, most likely it is some sort of bio-mechanical fusion reactors. The Wraith ships are living, in a sense, and can heal themselves given enough time, so there is no reason to dis-believe that they are powered by organic, or naturaly occuring, materials in space and while on land.

This may also be why they currently utilize limited hyper drive capabilities. There ships can only *eat* a certain ammount of space dust, for lack of a better analogy, and this limits the strength of their power. We have seen though that other, non bio, technology could be added to wraith tech to give it more functionality. This would explain how the Wraith could utilize ancient hyper drives if they got a hold of them.
              good theory.

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
              pps = power per second
              The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
              xfire = zpm
              [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
              http://m2kclan.com
              vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
              port: 3785
              P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
              halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
              Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Yeah, probably fusion (or maybe organic cold fusion - like Linea's plants)

Probably harvests fusable hydrogen isotobes from gas giants in the systems they pass. Maybe that's what some of the hyperspace 'pit stops' are for?

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
                  Yeah, probably fusion (or maybe organic cold fusion - like Linea's plants)

Probably harvests fusable hydrogen isotobes from gas giants in the systems they pass. Maybe that's what some of the hyperspace 'pit stops' are for?
                  i say cold fusion
                  Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                  Anime signature in spoiler tag
                  Spoiler:
                  Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

I'm laying my coin that it's going to be some sort of super exotic "life energy" here as well.

That hiveship in letters was totally feeding on that planet.

Comment

Perhaps the hives feed of the decaying bodies of the dead people you know how some plants do
                      War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
                        I'm laying my coin that it's going to be some sort of super exotic "life energy" here as well.

That hiveship in letters was totally feeding on that planet.
                        Yep, that's what I thought when I was in the toilets.
                        I heard a theory that it was just "marking" the planet, but I don't really see the point.

Tapping energy from a planet is nice, but yet involves more exotic functions.
                        Nevermind, at least it makes it different than the other kind of power generators, and even makes their ships vampiric.
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

And maybe the Wraith also throw in the dried out husks of their victims just for varieties sake. That would explain why we have never found a massive pile of bones on a planet when the Wraith leave after hibernation.

Comment

The ships may also feed on the Wraith waste. Wraith poop would probably be rich in some form of organic energy, and rather runny considering their lack of fiber intake.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin's_Legacy
                              The ships may also feed on the Wraith waste. Wraith poop would probably be rich in some form of organic energy, and rather runny considering their lack of fiber intake.
                              I personally doubt the wraith have any waste. Where would it come from? I've hypothesized that the Wraith take in an amount of blood from the human body when feeding, thus providing important proteins and fluids, but even if that were so, there wouldn't be enough of anything to make any waste.

And in other news... this thread is totally calling to mind the Mr. Fusion reactor from the Back to the Future movies.
                              [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Working...
                              X