Lets start with the Asgurd
    we have type 1 and 2
    http://www.stargatesg1971.com/thorsc...image2205.html
    http://www.stargatesg1971.com/fairga.../PDVD_092.html
    Next we have the guy that created Urgo, who beamed SG1 into his base
    http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s3/3...X16%5F495.html
    Now the Aschen have it also
    http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s4/4...x16%5F005.html
    Martin's race had it, as shown in Wormhole Extreame (couldnt find picture)

I think the only other race i can think of right now which has it is the grace aliens
    http://www.stargatetechworld.com/pho...s7e13_185.html

Name anymore?
    Hola

Hello

Gadmeer

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Heh that first was so cool when it first aired. Seeing the Asgard do that to the (Then) invincible Goa'uld.
      sigpic
      I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
      'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
      'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

The aschen
        sigpic

Comment

how about the wraith?

Comment

the urgo race
            the furlings...kinda that arch was a transporter of sometime and seemed to use a beam
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
              how about the wraith?
              That isn't technically a 'beaming' technology. It is an abduction technology. The difference being that it doesn't beam you from one location to another, it sort of demolecularizes and stores you at a basic level, keeping your conciousness seperate. Then the beam may release stored matter, letting the objects out of the wraith computer.

I guess since it is a 'beam' it could be considered beaming tech, though.

Also, The Ancients havn't been mentioned I don't think. They have 2 types as well. The Transport rings...and the 'storage closet' transport rooms.

" A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, "Wish you were here." " --Steven Wright

--Does that sound familiar to anyone else?--

Comment

There is also the yellow/goldish Merlin beam used in various episodes of Season 9. I thought I remembered all the different types of beams, but I definately forgot about that Urgo one.

So far, now we have:

Asgard (1 and 2, though 1 could be a disintegration beam or something similar to a wraith beam.)
                Urgo Creator's Beam
                Gadmeer
                'Grace Aliens' Beam
                Furling Arch Beam
                Martin's Race's Star Treky Beams
                Wraith Abduction Beam
                Ancient Closet Transporters
                Ring Transporters
                Merlin Beam
                Aschen Teleport Kiosk

Anyone care to rank them?

Comment

they are not beaming tech either, beaming technology mean appearing in energy from a remote location, that exclude transporters because you appear in the rings and they are what remateriallise you in eneergy. Beaming tech is teleportation, the rings are advanced transportation.
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by OriWillKillUsAll
                    There is also the yellow/goldish Merlin beam used in various episodes of Season 9. I thought I remembered all the different types of beams, but I definately forgot about that Urgo one.

So far, now we have:

Asgard (1 and 2, though 1 could be a disintegration beam or something similar to a wraith beam.)
                    Urgo Creator's Beam
                    Gadmeer
                    'Grace Aliens' Beam
                    Furling Arch Beam
                    Martin's Race's Star Treky Beams
                    Wraith Abduction Beam
                    Ancient Closet Transporters
                    Ring Transporters
                    Merlin Beam
                    Aschen Teleport Kiosk

Anyone care to rank them?
                    Asgard (1 and 2, though 1 could be a disintegration beam or something similar to a wraith beam.) #1
                    Urgo Creator's Beam #6
                    Gadmeer#3
                    'Grace Aliens' Beam#2
                    Furling Arch Beam #5
                    Martin's Race's Star Treky Beams#7
                    Wraith Abduction Beam#8
                    Ancient Closet Transporters (joint) #10
                    Ring Transporters#10
                    Merlin Beam#4
                    Aschen Teleport Kiosk#9
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

The Tau'ri have them.

The Knox might have it. They seemed to posses no Ships or Air Transport of any kind, so the only other way to reach the floating city would for it to have Teleportation beams... so possibly...

Spoiler:
                      The Asurans also probably have the Closet Beams also, as they have City Ship/s.

Have We mentioned the Ori? (besides the Lantiens & Alterans).

Comment

You're right about the Nox...in that episode where Skara and Clorel were having the trial back in Season 3, it did seem that the Nox girl teleported herself and the team (no effects, sorta just disappearing and appearing far away) to the ion cannon.

I would disagree with saying that the Tauri and the Ori have thier own original type of beam. It seems like the ring transporters predate the Ori/Alteran split.

Comment

You're right about the Nox...in that episode where Skara and Clorel were having the trial back in Season 3, it did seem that the Nox girl teleported herself and the team (no effects, sorta just disappearing and appearing far away) to the ion cannon.

I would disagree with saying that the Tauri and the Ori have thier own original type of beam. It seems like the ring transporters predate the Ori/Alteran split.
                          Wouldn't that mean the Goa'uld don't then have Teleportation tech? As they nicked it off the Ancients? Also, I was actually refering to the Asgard Beam but as we're talking Original...

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                            they are not beaming tech either, beaming technology mean appearing in energy from a remote location, that exclude transporters because you appear in the rings and they are what remateriallise you in eneergy. Beaming tech is teleportation, the rings are advanced transportation.
                            If this is the case them most of the beams fit transportation category. The Aschen beams are from one platform to another. The rings, even though they surround you, a beam still envelops all within the confines of the rings, and 'beam' you to another set of rings.

Asgard Solo Beam:
                            #1, Of course they get my number 1 vote, self activated, and can transport you anywhere that the computer can recognize, definitely the most powerful we have seen to date
                            Asgard Ship Beam:
                            #2, Very cool, able to relocate armies in a single bound
                            Ring Transporters:
                            #3, Creates protection as well as transportation
                            Aschen Teleport Kiosk:
                            #4, I could sure use one of these around the house...if my house was the size of a city
                            Wraith Abduction Beam:
                            #5, It was a nice take of the beaming tech, doesn't rematerialize until you tell it to
                            Ancient Closet Transporters:
                            #6, Touch screen activated, get to where you need to go and fast, limited in it's usage however because of the size of the the closet rooms
                            Gadmeer:
                            #7, Cool effect, you have to love the yellow bubble rings
                            Urgo Creator's Beam:
                            #8, Nice defensive usage of a beaming tech, and is that what wipes your memory, usefull and protective
                            Furling Arch Beam:
                            #9, Very nice transportation, and utilizes a key, but limited IMO
                            'Grace Aliens' Beam:
                            #10, Looks like any other beam to me, nothing special until we learn more about it
                            Merlin Beam:
                            #11, I don't recall what this one was like, so it sadly gets second to last
                            Martin's Race's Star Treky Beams:
                            #12, Way to Star Trekish to be the best IMO

" A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, "Wish you were here." " --Steven Wright

Comment

The Nox didn't beam themselves. In that episode Lya cloaked Sg-1 and herself and then uncloaked when they arrived at their destination. They acctually walked there but were cloaked. It was probably shown the way it was for the cool effect of appearing out of nothing.

I'm not saying they don't have beaming tech, they might, we just havn't been shown it yet.

EDIT: And they reach their flying city with the help of the Fenrii, I thought this was clearly shown when the city was uncloaked. A Fenrii with a sort of sadle contraption could be seen, from what you can make out at the distance we were shown. The Fenrii were going to and from the city.

Comment

Working...
                              X