Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i interchange my imperial and metric depending on my mood, lengths i generally go for imperial because its simpler, plus u dont get decimals and i hate the 1.0567910m when you could quite easily say 3ft.
    liquids, volumes, weights is kinda avoid going imperial.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

i go imperial for weight and hight... cause everyone in canada does and i cant compare if i went with metric... but distance i go metric cause it makes sence to me
      "I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony."
      "Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried."
      "I shot him. In the leg."
      "I'm invulnerable."
      "Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?"
      "In-vul-ner-able!"

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
        Personally, i prefer to work in metric. Unit conversions within metric are a simple act of shoving a decimal point left or right. Imperial measurements are stupid.
        Unfortunately, I do not grok metric at all. I know inches and feet, but meters and centimeters and what not are like greek to me. O_O

Comment

I personally hate everyone using imperial instead of metric.

The metric system is based physics. one meter is based on c.

There's a reason all serious scientists use the metric system.

Comment

Originally posted by Scyld
            Unfortunately, I do not grok metric at all. I know inches and feet, but meters and centimeters and what not are like greek to me. O_O
            That conversion site i linked to in my earlier has been an absolute godsend. I also have a conversion program i built for my TI-83 graphing calculator.

Comment

Working...
            X