Ship Scaling Sprites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, those sizes are accurate.

Given that the Ha'tak is about 715 meters long, we can see that in "The Lost City", the prometheus is about 1/3.5 the length of a Ha'tak, and in "Off the Grid", we can see that the Oddessey is about 2/3 the length of the Ha'tak.

Riiiiiiiiiiight.... scratch that comment where I said I was going to finish the game with GM6...
    Last edited by Battera; 16 October 2006, 02:38 AM. Reason: I'm not giving a reason to a machine...
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Did it screw up your sprites? If it didn't then its probably fine.
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

The only thing it really screwed up was the radar. It would have taken alot of effort to revamp the entire HUD system and for what? ONE OR TWO BENEFITS version 6 has over version 5. It's just not worth it.
        You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Ok well I decided to scale down the 304 to 350M and I think it looks a lot better then the 450M long version. Here it is compared to my 200M long 303 and a 750M Hatak that I found in the 3D warehouse. Let me know what you think.

-James-

Comment

Well, the 303, and 304 are great, but the Ha'tak's pyramid and superstructure are a little out of proportion. My avatar is usually a Ha'tak, so that's a good reference to use, incase you want to remake it.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
              The only thing it really screwed up was the radar. It would have taken alot of effort to revamp the entire HUD system and for what? ONE OR TWO BENEFITS version 6 has over version 5. It's just not worth it.
              Told ya so. At least it didin't screw up all of your sprites.

Spoiler:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Well, the 303, and 304 are great, but the Ha'tak's pyramid and superstructure are a little out of proportion. My avatar is usually a Ha'tak, so that's a good reference to use, incase you want to remake it.
                Yeah its one I found int he google database. i'm actually workin gon it now to get it straight and in proportion. Any links to some nice views of a hatak would be cool

-James-

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                  Told ya so. At least it didin't screw up all of your sprites.
                  ...it wasn't the sprite it screwed up, it was the code. For whatever reason, the code I used for the gm5 version didn't work... nor did several other attempted radar/minimap codes.

Also, for the main menu background, I've decided to make a rather humble front-view pic of the Illiad in space with Earth in the background.
                  Last edited by Battera; 16 October 2006, 06:28 PM.

-LGBT-

Comment

Front view.. interesting. Will the front view be really close to the Daedalus front view?

Spoiler:

Comment

...it wasn't the sprite it screwed up, it was the code. For whatever reason, the code I used for the gm5 version didn't work... nor did several other attempted radar/minimap codes.

Also, for the main menu background, I've decided to make a rather humble front-view pic of the Illiad in space with Earth in the background.
                      As I said before, GM5 has better coding. GM6 has better speed.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Well, as you all know, the Illiad is basically just a modified scaled-up version of a 304 with better shields, engines, and weapons. It will look quite a bit alike the daedalus.

Also, I wish to note a major scalling error. In 'Lost City' part two, we see the prometheus flying up to ANUBIS'S SHIP, and not a Ha'tak as I had previously thought. Apparently, the prometheus and the Daedalus are alot closer in size than I originally thought.

-LGBT-

Comment

Well, as you all know, the Illiad is basically just a modified scaled-up version of a 304 with better shields, engines, and weapons. It will look quite a bit alike the daedalus.

Also, I wish to note a major scalling error. In 'Lost City' part two, we see the prometheus flying up to ANUBIS'S SHIP, and not a Ha'tak as I had previously thought. Apparently, the prometheus and the Daedalus are alot closer in size than I originally thought.
                          Thankyou. But, I know how to properly size them. Get screencaps from Ethon and Allies/ No Man's Land.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

How do you feel about an actual soundtrack?

I was thinking of using actual songs in certain parts of the game.

-LGBT-

Comment

depends what songs you have in mind?
                              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

What kind of Soundtrack? Has to be appropiate to the missions and something you might hear on Stargate.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X