No announcement yet.

Ship Scaling Sprites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A dog attacked me, and gnawed a chunk of my right heel off! Oh well. Gives me time to work on the game some more...

A few updates:

1.As per popular demand, the Ha'tak will now feature all of the enhancements in a.i. as the other enemies do. The number of Ha'tak has also been bumped up from 3 to 10, but their shields and integrity have been reduced from 2500 to 2000, and 1000 to 500, respectively.

2.The Jarshja-flagship boss has already been programed, and its shields have been set to a higher value than the Ori Battlecruisers from the first game (values of which were too low to begin with-the Ori shields are probably relative to 800,000 strength)

3.I have added a level where the Illiad actually gets to enter a planet's atmosphere and take out a Baltian facility.
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

What about the demo thats out now though, when you finish the maze level it just errors and aborts the game
      www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Pretty sweet demo, I like the automatic weapons.
        Oh, believe me its not the first time we tried it
        I shot him...

in the leg...
        I'm invulnerable!
        Spoiler:
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten.
        http://www.aviationexplorer.com/airc...ft_carrier.jpgUSN

Comment

Thought you guys might like these. I did them in google sketchup. Just a 304 and a puddle jumper.

-James-

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
            A dog attacked me, and gnawed a chunk of my right heel off! Oh well. Gives me time to work on the game some more...

A few updates:

1.As per popular demand, the Ha'tak will now feature all of the enhancements in a.i. as the other enemies do. The number of Ha'tak has also been bumped up from 3 to 10, but their shields and integrity have been reduced from 2500 to 2000, and 1000 to 500, respectively.

2.The Jarshja-flagship boss has already been programed, and its shields have been set to a higher value than the Ori Battlecruisers from the first game (values of which were too low to begin with-the Ori shields are probably relative to 800,000 strength)

3.I have added a level where the Illiad actually gets to enter a planet's atmosphere and take out a Baltian facility.
            where is this demo with the ori ships?

Comment

...there isn't a demo with the ori ships... I was talking about the original game...
              You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Do u know how to fix the glitch with the second level being the last and u not being able to leave it?
                www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Inorder for me to fix it, I'd need to make a new demo, which I can't until I can get some more space from my file hoster

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by XJamesX View Post
                    Thought you guys might like these. I did them in google sketchup. Just a 304 and a puddle jumper.

-James-
                    Nice!

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

completed the new demo, go me, just wondering what is that big ship at the end of the second mission, and that maze is cool

Comment

It's an Ancient defense platform that launches drones at you. It's supposed to be the last of three tests that will grant you access to the planet where the Guardian's hangar is located. The first test was a test of agility, but the Vajnaarian ships already completed it, which is why you needed to kill them.

-LGBT-

Comment

ah cool, cant wait to see whats in the hanger, on my first attempt i took it out but the drones kept following me, then when i was bout to jump into hyperspace they took me out, but i thought of a cool way to take out the platform before launched drones

Comment

It's an Ancient defense platform that launches drones at you. It's supposed to be the last of three tests that will grant you access to the planet where the Guardian's hangar is located. The first test was a test of agility, but the Vajnaarian ships already completed it, which is why you needed to kill them.
                            Well, thanks for explaining it. Once I save a game, and then replay it, especially for the first maze level, it goes slower. I don't know why.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Well, the progress on the game is zooming. Time to release some technical info on the ships so there is no more confusion:

ESW-305 (Illiad) is pilotted the same way every other human ship is. The captain, and two co-pilots in the bridge flying the ship.

Baltians:
                              Scouts can be pilotted by one person, but usually has two pilots. Ship is 140 meters long, and usually has a crew of about 10.

Cruisers are hardy ships pilotted by a weapons manager, and a navigation coach. Cruisers are not able to actually land on planets, but can fire large drop-pods to send troops into battle. At 855 meters, they may be large, but they are no match for the Illiad. crews upwards toward 800.

Warships are the largest of course, and are pilotted by a commander, weapons, sensors, and navigation coaches. At 2095 meters they are almost half the length of a hive ship.

Jarshja:
                              Bombers are swift attack vessels 126 meters long. 3 times the length of the Al'kesh, and has much more firepower. Has a single pilot and can sometimes have a few crew members.

Warships are 778 meters long, and are perfect for rapid assaults. Are also capable of only being piloted by a single person. This is a luxury that has the Jarshjan empire dominating the Baltian confederacy in almost every battle.

Vajnaarians:

The vrajn'tak are piloted by three co-pilots with a mental interface as well as a physical manipulation panel (keyboard). Crews round down to about 200. 1100 meters long, they are a formidable opponent.

The weapons platforms are not actually ships, so I will not give stats on them.

-LGBT-

Comment

Well, the progress on the game is zooming. Time to release some technical info on the ships so there is no more confusion:

ESW-305 (Illiad) is pilotted the same way every other human ship is. The captain, and two co-pilots in the bridge flying the ship.

Baltians:
                                Scouts can be pilotted by one person, but usually has two pilots. Ship is 140 meters long, and usually has a crew of about 10.

Cruisers are hardy ships pilotted by a weapons manager, and a navigation coach. Cruisers are not able to actually land on planets, but can fire large drop-pods to send troops into battle. At 855 meters, they may be large, but they are no match for the Illiad. crews upwards toward 800.

Warships are the largest of course, and are pilotted by a commander, weapons, sensors, and navigation coaches. At 2095 meters they are almost half the length of a hive ship.

Jarshja:
                                Bombers are swift attack vessels 126 meters long. 3 times the length of the Al'kesh, and has much more firepower. Has a single pilot and can sometimes have a few crew members.

Warships are 778 meters long, and are perfect for rapid assaults. Are also capable of only being piloted by a single person. This is a luxury that has the Jarshjan empire dominating the Baltian confederacy in almost every battle.

Vajnaarians:

The vrajn'tak are piloted by three co-pilots with a mental interface as well as a physical manipulation panel (keyboard). Crews round down to about 200. 1100 meters long, they are a formidable opponent.

The weapons platforms are not actually ships, so I will not give stats on them.
                                That first maze, you said it's suppose to use agility. Agility against the Vajnaarians or the maze?

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Working...
                                X