Ship Scaling Sprites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fine, whateveryou want to do.
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

A handful of quick updates:

*The acceleration system has been modified. Hold down W and S to accelerate or decellerate. Shift has been turned into the 'Emergency Break'. Speed is in 'PPF' (meaning, Pixels per frame')
      *No partial shields, sorry.
      *There will now be a special cutscen for when you enter hyperspace (...ok not that special...)

Now, probably the only really important update. Weapons will now have two systems: Manual and Ballistic.

Manual is the system that is implimented right now.

Balistic will make your weapons fire automatically at the nearest ship of greatest threat (Like a baltian warship on the other side of the room would be of more concern then a scout twenty pixels away from you).

Also, I am adding a 'tutorial' so to speak to the game, as well as a helpful hints, and ship stats page to the main menu.

I am urging you all to make suggestions to the gameplay, or flow, or anything else for the game. In a few days, I will continue expanding the story-mode, at which point any changes in gameplay would be much more difficult to impliment.

Finally, notice how the main menu is grey and dull? If you want to make a background, be it sprite, hand-drawn, or 3d, which is tied into the game, submit it and It may be used!
      Last edited by Battera; 03 October 2006, 04:10 PM.
      You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Ok. I'll see if I can come up with a good background.
        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Well, good updates. I'll see what I can do. Background-wise, that is.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Well, here is two of three that I made, all of which say "Stargate Battles".

http://rapidshare.de/files/35417025/sgb3.PNG.html
            http://rapidshare.de/files/35415734/sgb2.PNG.html

two posts away from 1000!1000 posts!
            Last edited by Ltcolshepjumper; 04 October 2006, 12:08 PM.

Spoiler:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

This is how each individual weapon will work on Ballistic mode:

Railguns will fire at the closest ship with the highest threat rating.
              Missiles will fire at the closest enemy, as will the turrets.
              Nukes will be beamed at the closest ship with the highest threat rating.

-LGBT-

Comment

Did you check out the backgrounds I made? and Do the nukes actually beam?
                Last edited by Ltcolshepjumper; 04 October 2006, 02:49 PM.

Spoiler:

Comment

Yeah, but I was hoping more for soemthing with one of the ships from the game actually in it.

And the nukes do beam to the enemy, meaning they transport to it instantly, but not through the shields.

I'd also like to post something I'll call 'Boss Battle Etiquette'. These are rules that cannot be broken, even if you try to, during a boss battle:

1. All boss battles begin after a regular mission, and in the same level.
                  2. When the battle begins, all powerups are removed from the level.
                  3. The room will shrink to an appropriate size for a 1-on-1 battle.
                  4. Ballistic mode can NOT be used.
                  5. Nukes can NOT be used.
                  6. You can NOT save your game.
                  7. When the boss is defeated, you are rewarded by either a bunch of Integrity of missile power-ups because these are the things most difficult to replenish.
                  8. Above the message window (grey box) two health bars will appear. One is the boss's shields, the other is its integrity.

-LGBT-

Comment

For one v one those rules are fine but I've beaten every single level playable in the current demo and I have to say it takes FOREVER to kill the Vaginnaria w/e their names are without nukes. Its almost impossible because of how fast they drain your shields. I did the one vs 11 on them and ended up having to use nukes because every once in a while they just transport right in front of you and your shields take a huge hit. So for one on one that fine but when your fighting a bunch of those guys the nukes aren't just helpful their pretty much necessary to win.

Also I think you should make the shields recharge over time as well, not very quickly, but at least a little bit. This seems to be what happens in the show, and fits with another threads "shield buffer" theory. It certainly wouldn't give a huge advantage too us because the battles don't really last all that long, but it would be nice.

Another question on boss battles... I've been able to kill the entire V- enemy fleet with tapping a few buttons in almost every case, so is there going to be another ship designed to provide a greater challenge, or at least one with improved stats. I personally would like to see an enormous vagasdifns ship kindof like a hive but I dont know how difficult it would be to kill.

Oh yea I had another cool idea. I think the railguns and ESPECIALLY missles should do increased damaged to ships which have no shields. Either unshielded from the beginning or simply depleted. The missles are pretty much useless because they don't do enough damage to bother using them. But if they did lots of damage to ships without shields then a great combo would be to take out the enemy shields with the Asgard turret and finish them off with missles.
                    Thats all I can think of right now updates are looking great keep up the good work
                    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

The shield-restoring powerups are very common in situations with large amounts of enemy ships, so I don't think the shields need to regenerate over-time.

Yes, the bosses will be more difficult.

A system has already been added which causes unshielded ships to be damaged more by all weapons.

-LGBT-

Comment

I just wanted to say ....

I haven't given any feedback before any suggestions, but I have been coming in and playing all the demo's, and I have to say that they are all very very good games, lol I have two suggestions, Is it possible to have in the HUD a list of objectives? and would you be able to make the game full screen

-Ben

Comment

ive one, F-302's, i know ya removed them cause of the amount of weapons, but since the weapons can get depleated, could there be fighters that can be destroyed, but some can land? also i think the missiles suck, can you replace them with drones? cause the ship is supposed to have ancient technlogy, so drone weapons would be good, jsut a few ideas there.

oh and can you make the game screen bigger

Comment

game screen is as big as it can get in fullscreen. No fighters, and I've already said no drones.
                            The ESW only has Shields and engines, me giving the player the Asgard turrets was a big enough jump.

I just tested the first boss of the game, and I just want to say, if you use missiles, the boss's death is many times more spectacular.
                            Last edited by Battera; 06 October 2006, 11:52 AM.

-LGBT-

Comment

can't wait to see it.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

As I have said before, the new demo will have a 'help' page that will basically lead you through how to play the game, certain strategies that can help you, as well as the stats on the enemy ships.

-LGBT-

Comment

Working...
                                X