No announcement yet.

Ship Scaling Sprites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inorder to make the game not so easy, and laid out, I've made a new change-When you lower your enemy's shields, you can blow huge chucks of metal and junk off of your enemy, and fill the level with the debris of battle.

Here's a diagram of all of the ships made, and the size I've given the ESW-306:

It rounds out to about the length of a hive ship.
    Last edited by Battera; 01 October 2006, 10:42 AM.
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

it looks really good, but don't you think it's abit big....i mean it's massive!!! no other race has built anything close to a hive ship in size, but it's your game so i don't really mind...good sprites btw
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Well, it needed to take ten years to build, so it's... basically an accurate size. It also needed to be big enough to hold 305's (multiple 305's I should say) in its hangar. It has about 400 302's (which have been revamped, and are now called SI-302's [Space-Interceptors].

Since my computer broke down a while back, the Beta game has faced very few obstacles-progress is very steady, and I may be able to post sprites of the Enkyllian ships soon... Think Wraith+Jarshja+Covenant(Halo)
        You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by Battera
          Well, it needed to take ten years to build, so it's... basically an accurate size. It also needed to be big enough to hold 305's (multiple 305's I should say) in its hangar. It has about 400 302's (which have been revamped, and are now called SI-302's [Space-Interceptors].

Since my computer broke down a while back, the Beta game has faced very few obstacles-progress is very steady, and I may be able to post sprites of the Enkyllian ships soon... Think Wraith+Jarshja+Covenant(Halo)
          oh right sorry i missed the part where you said 10 years to build...so their ships are going to be big?
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Some of their ships are, some aren't. They're basically a representation of desperation. Their ships are built to be... multipurposed. Here is the length of their ships and the names:

Warship
            20 meters long, 15 meters wide, and 5 meters tall.

Striker
            320 meters long, 160 meters wide, and 105 meters tall.

Cruiser
            2145 meters long, 715 meters wide, and 300 meters tall.

Assault Carrier
            16890 meters long, 8500 meters wide, and 2850 meters tall.

Make your own assumptions...

-LGBT-

Comment

love the super ship, are ya ever gonna put that super big ship in the game, cant remember what ya called it, but it kinda looked like an upside down umbrella

Comment

Some of their ships are, some aren't. They're basically a representation of desperation. Their ships are built to be... multipurposed. Here is the length of their ships and the names:

Warship
                20 meters long, 15 meters wide, and 5 meters tall.

Striker
                320 meters long, 160 meters wide, and 105 meters tall.

Cruiser
                2145 meters long, 715 meters wide, and 300 meters tall.

Assault Carrier
                16890 meters long, 8500 meters wide, and 2850 meters tall.

Make your own assumptions...
                the assualt carrier is humongous!!!!!!! looks good though, the thing in the game some of these ships will be too small to see compared to other ships...

Comment

The super ship (Haveon'on) Will MOST DEFINATELY, ABSOLUTELY, WITHOUT ONE DOUBT AT ALL, WILL BE IN THE GAME!

And for the first parts of the game, when the player pilots only a mere 303, or a 304, the sprites will be a 4 meter per 1 pixel scale.
                  When the player gets to pilot... something a 'bit' bigger, the pixels will be a 45 meter per 1 pixel scale.

For the majority of the game however, the earlier of the two will be dominate.
                  Last edited by Battera; 01 October 2006, 03:05 PM.

-LGBT-

Comment

Inorder to make the game not so easy, and laid out, I've made a new change-When you lower your enemy's shields, you can blow huge chucks of metal and junk off of your enemy, and fill the level with the debris of battle.

Here's a diagram of all of the ships made, and the size I've given the ESW-306:

It rounds out to about the length of a hive ship.
                    Well, my idea of the ESW-306 (which was originally supposed to be a warship) was supposed to be about the size of the Achilles. I'll finish the character sprites that are suppose to be in the bridge tonight, or this afternoon, I should say. I'll draw up a scaling sheet of what I had in mind.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel
                      Well, my idea of the ESW-306 (which was originally supposed to be a warship) was supposed to be about the size of the Achilles. I'll finish the character sprites that are suppose to be in the bridge tonight, or this afternoon, I should say. I'll draw up a scaling sheet of what I had in mind.
                      And, I really wasn't sending that to be used in the game. At least have one of the ships of that class named what I had it named.
                      Here's my size comparison:

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Well, I thought that you were going to let me use it...
                        There is only one ESW-306 at the time, I mean I can have your name mentioned as an alternative the council considered.

Also, the ship's primary purpose was a large carrier, capable of defending allied ships, and even drawing fire to itself and away from your allies (If you see something big approaching you, you may consider it a bigger threat than a few other much smaller things), making the size you wanted just way too small.

-LGBT-

Comment

Well, I thought that you were going to let me use it...
                          There is only one ESW-306 at the time, I mean I can have your name mentioned as an alternative the council considered.

Also, the ship's primary purpose was a large carrier, capable of defending allied ships, and even drawing fire to itself and away from your allies (If you see something big approaching you, you may consider it a bigger threat than a few other much smaller things), making the size you wanted just way too small.
                          well, its two different purposes.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Well, forgive me for meaning to say its primary 'purposes'...

-LGBT-

Comment

This is a list of the things you can hope to see in the next demo:

*Smarter enemies
                              *Precise shield collisions (like in the show, only part of the shield will be visible whe hit!)
                              *Ship wreckage
                              *Explosions from missles/damage to hull, and the explosion caused by enemy ships dying will now actually hurt you.
                              *Hopefully cutscenes (I Still need an actress for Carter. If you know anyone who may be interested, please ask them to tell me. They don't really need to sound like Carter)

-LGBT-

Comment

I mean, still though, about the 306, I think you should use mine, but change it some, cuz it should look different in 83 years. Mine still looks like from our modern stargate time. And, the way I made it makes the bridge seem humongous. Just wait...

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Working...
                                X