No announcement yet.

Ship Scaling Sprites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the city is huge, but just not in its width. Height is what matters with it, because some of the buildings are 500 meters tall.

Besides, who said that it needed to be big? The Ancients weren't as superficial as we are. As long as it was big enough to fit their populace (which it was), had shielding (which it did), had defenses (Drones, and possibly others), and could fly (yup), then making it bigger would be a waste of resources.
    Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
    Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Comment

Well, if you want to know that size of the city would want you to look at this, three different scalings of Atlantis made by yours truly.

Click Me!!!
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Wait. Wait NOW. If atlantis can take on dozens of hive ships at once, does'nt that mean that they must be at least the same size as at- LANtea or smaller? Mabey Im wrong.

You look, but u do somethingy different. You hear but do not. You think we are ur imagination, but we are here to FLY LIKE BIRDS!!! (Idio'sa!!) We are weird too. Join us in wonderful weidness, and we will touch a SKY!

IRS

Comment

Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by barneyteal'c View Post
            Wait. Wait NOW. If atlantis can take on dozens of hive ships at once, does'nt that mean that they must be at least the same size as at- LANtea or smaller? Mabey Im wrong.

You look, but u do somethingy different. You hear but do not. You think we are ur imagination, but we are here to FLY LIKE BIRDS!!! (Idio'sa!!) We are weird too. Join us in wonderful weidness, and we will touch a SKY!

IRS
            Do you really think it's mature to make fun of Battera's sig like that? His makes a statement and you are just being a smart ass. Go waste your imaturity on someone else.

Comment

Ummm mabye you could spoiler the pics becasue they are really big and i do have to say tho nice work
              This isn't Atlantis?
              I don't think so.
              If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

Would it be possible to show us what Atlantis would be like if it were scaled up to 5km, 10km, and 20km widths? What would it be like in comparison to the other ships or from ground level?
                sigpic
                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I'm not sure if Battera checks his account anymore...
                  But I doubt he would, because then people would want scaling of other ships at different sizes, and it would just bee to much.

Comment

What's up with the halo ships? I thought this forum is about stargate, not halo. Still, I have to admit that they have very good pictures except the covenant battlecruise. It doesn't look like a ship at all.

Comment

Well, it was the only graphic I could find for one. I added Halo ships to compare them to Stargate ships. i was also going to add ships from other franchises but I kind of slacked off a little on that. And, as per request, I'll put the images in spoiler tags.

And BarneyTealc, you are obviously small minded to ridicule my sig. This topic is for the big kids to have discussions seriously. Now go play with your toy trucks and leave us alone.
                      You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Can anyone scale the Prometheus please? (width and height included).
                        Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

it may well be in here, I've used the search function but got half the thread.

How about the size of the Puddle jumpers? The puddle jumpers make the docking bay of the 304s look smaller or equal to the size of the central tower of Atlantis.

This would mean that the 304s are smaller when we compare them to the size of Atlantis.

ps I think that the sizes of the ships change from week to week though.

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
                            it may well be in here, I've used the search function but got half the thread.

How about the size of the Puddle jumpers? The puddle jumpers make the docking bay of the 304s look smaller or equal to the size of the central tower of Atlantis.

This would mean that the 304s are smaller when we compare them to the size of Atlantis.

ps I think that the sizes of the ships change from week to week though.
                            This thread is dead buddy, no one has posted here since may, oh btw these scalings are accurate, and dont try to argue them (i've tried). And in certain episodes the scale are different to make the scene more dramatic.
                            sigpic
                            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

This thread is never dead... Just asleep. *pokes thread with stick*
                              ...and now it's awake. I have to say this:
                              Major spoilers for EATG
                              Spoiler:
                              I always disagreed with the scaling of Atlantis to the Hive but in "Enemy at the Gate", we see Atlantis squaring off with a Hive side by side (And they are both almost on the same horizontal plane). The scaling Battera posted proved to be accurate. He put a lot more thought into them than I thought

Comment

so What are the dimensions of the 304, 303.
                                length
                                width
                                height

Comment

Working...
                                X