No announcement yet.

Ship Scaling Sprites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that both anubis ships look the same size.
    http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s7/7...x22%5F607.html
    http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s6/6...6x22_0691.html
    Remember thats under the ship, so it will look bulkier because fo the way tis built.

In the one with lucian alliance daedalus looked much smaller then a hatak even though it was much closer to the view, meaning it was even smaller in comparison, and in Dominium its shown how small daedalus class actually is when its directly next to a hatak.

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/...19%5F0473.html
    http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/...19%5F0500.html
    http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/...19%5F0501.html

So you see, comapred to anubis ship prommie would look like a glider, because its smaller then you've amde it out to be, same with daddy. Anubis ship is about the right size in both pics. Atlantis is faaaaar too small. Should probably be around 6 - 10km wide, rather then 3km.

Comment

Your screenshots prove nothing (Especially the last one that just shows a Hyperspace Window). You say that you've proven things, but you haven't yet

Just because we Want Atlantis to look bigger, doesn't mean it's bigger. Until Anubis is somehow brought back, and flies his mothership (Of the exact same size and shape, as if he would ever actually build one the same as before), and flies it directly over Atlantis for comparison, then we cannot compare the two very distinctive constructs.
      You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Battera how did you get the size of prometheus?
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

To me the wraith cruiser is too big, it's much closer to the daedalus size imo and the ancient warship is far too big. It's stated by the people that made it at 1 kilometer (sounds about right judging from the size compared to the daedalus) maybe a bit more, perhaps 1500 meters. The hive also looks too big but that isn't your fault, that's rubbish on screen representation.

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
            Your screenshots prove nothing (Especially the last one that just shows a Hyperspace Window). You say that you've proven things, but you haven't yet

Just because we Want Atlantis to look bigger, doesn't mean it's bigger. Until Anubis is somehow brought back, and flies his mothership (Of the exact same size and shape, as if he would ever actually build one the same as before), and flies it directly over Atlantis for comparison, then we cannot compare the two very distinctive constructs.
            Well you sure are trying with your little pictures.

The caps I got show that deadalus class is a LOT smaller then a hattak, and much closer to prometheus in size. Whereas yours is kinda in between the 2. The prometheus is also smaller then that im sure but i cant find any screenshot proof of that.

Ontop of that they ALSO show that the beliskner class is either equal or infact bulkier then a oniel class, they are even right next to each other! Twice!

You said get screenshots in your first post, I did that. Seems you either wont admit a mistake or just cant be bothered to change it all again. So im just going to stop posting here ok..

Comment

"Your little Pictures"? THAT WASN'T INSULTING IN THE LEAST!

Besides, what do your caps prove? Nothing! You showed a window view of a Ha'tak, A semi-transparent Odyssey next to a tiny blip of the Ha'tak showing in the corner, and a hyperspace window that could possibly be kilometers away!

Other than the actual O'Neill itself, which was admittedly not finished, there has been no direct comparison between the two classes. The Next O'neill class ship wasn't shown for 2 more years within which, it was likely the design was adapted.

I only accept reasonable proof of concepts for the scales, and I am deeply insulted by your comments. I really do hope you never post here again. I have changed the scale, in the past, when sufficient evidence was posted proving me wrong. I've tried to be patient, hoping you could find more info to support your claims, but you just keep trying to fall back on your 3 flawed screens.
              Last edited by Battera; 07 October 2007, 12:34 PM.
              You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                To me the wraith cruiser is too big, it's much closer to the daedalus size imo and the ancient warship is far too big. It's stated by the people that made it at 1 kilometer (sounds about right judging from the size compared to the daedalus) maybe a bit more, perhaps 1500 meters. The hive also looks too big but that isn't your fault, that's rubbish on screen representation.
                Whoops, I apologize. I didn't notice your post right away.

Well, what the makers state isn't always usable. But looking into it, I agree the AW is probably too big. I'm going to go check out some comparison pics between Cruisers, the Aurora, Daedalus and Orion though, before I make my judgment.

EDIT:

Appropriate changes to the scale will be made ASAP.

...EDIT Again, the scale has officially been updated.
                Last edited by Battera; 07 October 2007, 12:59 PM.

-LGBT-

Comment

In case you want a better aurora top view here is one:

sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I don't know what people are getting into a huff about. This is just his versions of what he thinks the ships sizes are, not the official specs.

If people don't like his size charts, go make your own.
                    Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                      Battera how did you get the size of prometheus?
                      ^^^^
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Thanks Battera those sizes do look better even if still a bit too big . I just don't see a wraith cruiser bigger than a ha'tak or an AW 4 times the size of the Deddy, 3 times at most imo but good job anyway, scaling is really difficult .

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                          ^^^^
                          Oh... sorry. Mainly, I used Al'kesh as a basis (many comparisons between Prommie and Alkesh include 'Prometheus Unbound', and 'Lost City'). We've often seen the size of the cockpit windows, so I used that to get the Al'kesh

Boberth2o, Your model is great, but I prefer the one I have right now. Thanks anyway!

-LGBT-

Comment

Battera can you put the ancient defense satellite in the ship scaling sprites because i want to see which satellite is bigger. the ori satellite or the ancients. please do it

Comment

Originally posted by ancient uchiha View Post
                              Battera can you put the ancient defense satellite in the ship scaling sprites because i want to see which satellite is bigger. the ori satellite or the ancients. please do it
                              The ancient Satelitte was much bigger, the Ori satellite was about the size of a teltak, a few times the size of a F302. The ancient satellite was the size of a ha'tak as Mckay said when they first encoutered it .

Comment

...Actually an Al'kesh would be a closer comparison.

And, yes, the Ancients satellite does round out to about the size of a Ha'tak. But, if I ever find a model of it I'll add it to the scale for you.

-LGBT-

Comment

Working...
                                X