No announcement yet.

Ship Scaling Sprites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a download of the game/mods, or a link?

P.S. I do not know of any good comparisons of a Lantean ship to any other ships, so I can't make a scale of it.
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

hey battera do you have a scale for apophises ship or alantis or the ancent ship or the grace ship? ?
      Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
      Anime signature in spoiler tag
      Spoiler:
      Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Ya how big was the ship on grace does anybody know??
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Battera
          Do you have a download of the game/mods, or a link?

P.S. I do not know of any good comparisons of a Lantean ship to any other ships, so I can't make a scale of it.

It is possible to do it comparing it in size with people on the bridge (in Allies) and cross reference with the Deadalus in Aurora to see if they fit.

I'll try if you wanna.

Comment

Okay, I made my best attempt at scaling the Lantean Warship

Final Result:

Length: 665 Meters
            Widht: 237 Meters

Using Screencaps of the Bridge from "Allies" (Credit to thescifiworld), I managed to get the approximate width of a section of the Warship:

Knowing that, I used the schematics (from the top) and calculated the full length and width (of largest section):

(The Schematics are found in the background of the bridge)
            Last edited by Sauron18; 01 May 2006, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Nice job. I still think that the Lantian ship is much bigger than the Daedalus, though not 2/5th the length of a hive.

--

Now that I think about it, the Lantian warship must somewhere be in the upper 100's to the low 1000's in terms of length. If the standard crew complement was somewhere in the 300's, and compared to the Daedalus, then the ship would have to be close to probably 800-1100 meters long.

Comment

You'd better post these images on a website, with a link for each ship explaining how these numbers were obtained, imho.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Battera
                  Alot of fans have no idea how big some ships are compared to one another. Like Ha'tak to prometheus, or the Daedalus to an Ori warship, so inorder to end this quarrel, I have created a size comparison chart for the ships of stargate. If you see something that you think is incorrect, please post your opinion, and if possible screencaps supporting you.:

Ships I'm currently working on:
                  Apophis's Mothership

Other ships to be included:
                  Ancient 'City Ship'
                  Hey, by the way, i cannot wait until you make the ancient city ship

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity
                    Nice job. I still think that the Lantian ship is much bigger than the Daedalus, though not 2/5th the length of a hive.
                    I agree that I may have undercalculated, but I did the best with what I had. If someone else wants to give it a try, using my images (just chaning the numbers), go ahead, I'm sure we've got enough for someone who does this a bit better to use the images to come up with a more approximate size

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                      I agree that I may have undercalculated, but I did the best with what I had. If someone else wants to give it a try, using my images (just chaning the numbers), go ahead, I'm sure we've got enough for someone who does this a bit better to use the images to come up with a more approximate size
                      You might be in the right place. Thinking further, factoring in "Aurora", it may be in the range of 1-2km.

Comment

You might be in the right place. Thinking further, factoring in "Aurora", it may be in the range of 1-2km.
                        I think that's almost pushing it to overcalculating. Not that much. 800 meter estimate is fine

Comment

I was wondering how big the replicator warships are??? the spider looking one's.
                          sigpic

Comment

The Aurora seemed to be in the wraith cruiser ballpark.
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                              I was wondering how big the replicator warships are??? the spider looking one's.
                              its on the front page.

Comment

O thnx I didnt see it there sorry.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X