Ship Scaling Sprites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by All hail the USAF View Post
    hey...I was thinking...would it be possible to make it so the enemy ships can crash into eachother? so you can lore them into raming or backing into eachother?
    ...Not unless you want them crashing into you.
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
      Why would that shot not be to scale? The atlantis team just decided 'O we're make our ship this small compared to a hive' There's no prove to say that pic isn't to scale and gives a much better view than the shot from 'no mans land'. Also in 'Misbegotten' we see a really good shot of the deadalus and hive which thoroughly fits in with the shot i posted.

The episode where abydos is destroyed is 'Full circle' and anubis' ship is atleast 6 or 7 times bigger than a ha'tak, considering a deadalus class is half the length of a ha'tak that would put a hive on the same scale with anubis' ship.
      they messed up alot in No Mans Land

hese's a example

Ships Shot On Left Side...
      http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/3...l/nml0573.html
      Ships Been hit On Right Side...
      http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/3...l/nml0687.html
      http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/3...l/nml0613.html
      Last edited by Ancient665; 07 December 2006, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
        ...Not unless you want them crashing into you.

well that all ready happens...the mission against the 5 Hives is hard cause the darts crash into me already
        McKay:...ZedPM
        O'Neill: Zed?
        Jackson: He's Canadian
        O'Neill: I'm sorry

Comment

They shouldn't... You're probably crashing into them.
          You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

I just think if it's possible for you to crash into them...they should be able to crash into eachother
            McKay:...ZedPM
            O'Neill: Zed?
            Jackson: He's Canadian
            O'Neill: I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
              Then we have a contradiction, because other shots show a 11km Hive.

Image please.
              Best I could find, it's not a great angle but you can just about see it's about 5 times bigger than your average ha'tak.
              http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s6/6...22%5F0691.html

BTW here's something I whipped up recently.

Comment

BTW here's something I whipped up recently.

Wow, hi... would you be interested in making some sprites for the game? Your different style could make the game more varied.
                Last edited by Battera; 07 December 2006, 01:12 PM.

-LGBT-

Comment

Best I could find, it's not a great angle but you can just about see it's about 5 times bigger than your average ha'tak.
                  http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s6/6...22%5F0691.html
                  Um, wow... dang, it is bigger then I remember.

It is about 5x longer and 5x wider than a Hat'tak.
                  And 2x taller when the wepon is deployed.

A Wraith Hive ship is a good 10+ times longer than a Hat'tak.
                  Assuming a Hat'tak is about 900meters long?
                  That does put Anubis' ship up there in Hive ship size level.
                  Most of Anubis' ship is that main weapon, that is about the size of 1 1/2 Hat'taks.
                  Which makes sense on my the weapon can kill a Hat'tak in one shot!
                  It is just dang BIG!
                  While much of a Hives internal volume is the Fighter bays.
                  Last edited by An-Alteran; 08 December 2006, 08:03 PM.

Comment

...anyway...

Can anyone think of any other features they'd like to see in the game?

-LGBT-

Comment

Did you hear what I said about having a verses section?

Comment

Sorry, no. Could you re-post it?

-LGBT-

Comment

Sorry, no. Could you re-post it?
                          Oh, ok. Hold on:

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
                          Here are a few suggestions I thought of while playing the game:

I really liked it, so I thought of things I would love to be the case:
                          *A verses system. Where you can select what ship you use and the enemy you are going to fight against.
                          So you could pilot a DSC-304, the 305, or the 303, 306, or the Illiad, against enemies of your choice.
                          In the game I so wanted to play as a normal 305 and test my skills then, or as a DSC-304 against the Wraith.
                          *Being able to chose the enemies and the number of the enemies you face in the verses mode. I have been so wanting to fight Hat'taks with the new versions of Earth ships.
                          I want to see the new 303 against Hat'taks in battle.

Comment

Oh! Do you mean like this Halo-creator:

Clicketty

-LGBT-

Comment

Anyway, I'll see what I can do about putting a versus level like that into the game.

-LGBT-

Comment

Oh! Do you mean like this Halo-creator:

Clicketty
                                Yeah!

Like that, except:
                                You can chose what ship you are (BC-303, DSC-304, 305, 306)
                                And what enemies you face (3 teams maybe? Good, enemy 1, enemy 2), and what ships they use... so you could have

A few Wraith Hive ships vs. an Orii ship
                                While both are getting attacked by the Asgard.

Or

You are in a newer DSC-304 against several Hat'taks.

ect.

So one could go up agains Asgard ships, or Hat'taks, or the Wraith, or the Orii, heck even against other earth ships.

Could that be done reasonably?

Comment

Working...
                                X